• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

[Body_Work] Rust Rust And More Rust!

Telf

Yeah the Flexi is still fitted

Richie-Van-GTi

I've read it as one side has a flexo and the other side doesn't. The side that doesn't will fatigue with use and break. Never seen a factory car without a flexi. 

jackherer
6 minutes ago, Richie-Van-GTi said:

Never seen a factory car without a flexi.  

No Peugeots or Citroens with that style of rear calipers made after 1994 had that flexi from what I understand.

It's only the last one we are talking about that goes into the caliper itself, Paul has the flexi that goes round the beam fitted on both sides.

Telf

As Kieran says I've got Flexi hoses round the beam but solids from then on. I haven't fitted the flexi at the caliper

• Thanks 1

Richie-Van-GTi

OK, I was reading it wrong then, which is why I questioned it :P

Telf

Fairly busy day today. 

Brakes completed and bled. Underside now fully complete after fitment of the tank strap.

Wheels arrived and fitted and the exhaust also fitted. 

Mechanically just the driveshafts to fit but I ran out of time.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554565159529.jpg_1554565161573.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554565133001.jpg_1554565134862.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554565119497.jpg_1554565122007.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554565109270.jpg_1554565111165.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554565098746.jpg_1554565100848.jpeg

Telf

With the car back on its proper wheels for the first time I'm wondering about the ride height at the rear-opinions please- I am after a standard look not lowered. I think it's about right?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554568760992.jpg_1554568763259.jpeg

Nelsonpk

Looking great Paul, hope the gt6 turns out as nice !

• Thanks 1

Telf

Have u used the doors yet?

jackherer

I still think it's too high, the line where the top of the bumper meets the rear quarter and tail light should be roughly in line with the top of the tyre.

Telf

Kieran I got level and took another pic, I reckon it's about right by your description

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554651639245.jpg_1554651641979.jpeg

Telf

Got the drive shafts fitted and added the gearbox oil , thought this would take an hour but as usual it was more like 3!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554651217237.jpg_1554651219321.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554651207657.jpg_1554651209679.jpeg

Telf

Also fixed a few wiring issues in the boot, sorted the boot lock and fitted the rear panel

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554651184815.jpg_1554651187662.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554648298622.jpg_1554648303221.jpeg

• Like 1

Nelsonpk

No not fitted yet, I’ll wait till the summer. Mot tomorrow fingers crossed. 

Telf

Engine bay pretty much complete. Much messing around trying to make sure nothing rubs,chaffs gets burnt on the block or exhaust or leaks.Think it's about right. 100% certain it's not as per the factory but it's good enough

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1554808367910.jpg_1554808370110.jpeg

Edited by Telf

jackherer

Looks good mate, I'm sure it'll be fine on the rollers. Just take loads of cable ties...

Telf

Underlay from Newton commercialin Lieston. Pretty decent for £60

received_2345079222404053.jpeg

Telf

And carpet back in along with most of the dash built

received_1481991905265198.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Telf

So today I took the plunge before going on the rollers Monday. Started up and ran the car up and down a private farm road for 10 mins until temps where normal. Managed to run between 2000 and 5000 rpm to keep the engine loaded.  After a mile as it is running rich I terminated as I didnt want unburnt fuel washing the bores and knackering the engine. Looking good for monday I think.

• Like 2

Philpooma

Good luck for Monday, I hope all goes well.

I have never been sure what you should do with a new engine ie. run it in very systematically on the road over set mileages or get it on a rolling road and run it through the rev range.

I have always done the former, but realise that engine builders and manufacturers put engines through their paces before people take delivery of their cars.

I expect that I’m just very conservative

Fantastic project btw

• Thanks 1

jackherer

It looks very good with the trim and bumpers etc. fitted. What is the ride height like now?

• Like 1

Telf

the rear I think is ok but the front is too high- I dunno if it will settle once its has some cornering action or not?

Telf
9 minutes ago, jackherer said:

It looks very good with the trim and bumpers etc. fitted. What is the ride height like now?

I think the grey plastic paint has worked pretty well- and the red trim from pug museum helps a lot !!

jackherer

Front settling is minimal in my experience, a few mm max.

What springs are they?