• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

rallyeash

most likely. my only issue was last time it took so long to get out on track, became a pain in the ass

Spiky

cool, i've booked up, have to try and park up close to each other :)

cant remember last year being bad to get on track?, probably just my memory

rallyeash

nice one,

oh what radiator are you running?

Spiky

just a nissens one's

but looking to change, as since i have big fat intercool right in front of it which covers it all, on track the temps are a little higher,

there will be a few mods before combe, so will see how combe plays out :)

or fit a smaller intercooler

Edited by Spiky

rallyeash

ok, did you have any temperature issues while running on bodies? i think with my dry sump system the 205 nissens rad is going to be my easiet option as the renault 5 one isnt going to be very easy to fit.

Spiky

no never, always perfect

i think i might try a cossie intercoole first,as i can place this on top of the rad so both have air flow to them and not obstructing each other

rallyeash

cool, ive just ordered a nissens rad. should be with me tomorrow.

rallyeash

seeing as Mallory park trackday is only this coming saturday I needed to crack on and get the car sorted.

New Nissens rad and a new Baker BM stainless pipe arrived friday

IMG_2232_zps75557d69.jpg

went to merlin motorsport on saturday and spent waaay to much on shiny stuff...

samco pipework, alloy header tank, alloy catch tank, race spec brake fluid which should stop them boiling...

IMG_2238_zpsf969a8ea.jpg

Purchased a set of hardly worn Dunlop slicks on sunday which came on a set of alloys, i took the alloy off yesterday at work and stuck the slicks on spare C5 wheels so i now have a set of C5's with R888's for road use, wet trackday and also when slicks are not allowed and this second set of dry slicks :-)

got the cooland plumbed in. still a few things to do proper, ie the breather bungs, ive got some proper blanking plugs coming from pug.

IMG_2249_zps46987e4a.jpg

out road testing last night. still got the grill and a few other bits to square up before its finished but i needed to get a few miles under its belt before getting to close to the weekend.

IMG_2245_zps2afcf892.jpg

back in the garage afterwards

IMG_2248_zpsfffdbe65.jpg

rallyeash

needed a guard to protect the pump belt so thursday evening i made one out of cardboard and friday i got next door to make one out of alloy.
it protects the belts from anything coming up from underneath, the wheel arch and has sides to help protect too.

IMG_2263_zps8a8d62c7.jpg

heading upto mallory park
IMG_2281_zps5493b8c9.jpg

with a mates 205 16v TU CJ
IMG_2288_zps7eeab7ca.jpg

swapped to slicks and the rain came down!!

IMG_2290_zps41281427.jpg

at the hairpin

mallorypark205_zps681dad31.jpg

rallyeash

dunlop slicks on C5's

IMG_2243_zps58b959f7.jpg

Spiky

How did it go? All good I hope :)

Spiky

Very much so, nice one great driving very consistent, shame the others didn't get out of the way

Henry 1.9GTi

nice.

1 handed driving? :/ I am sure 2 hands is quicker ;)

rallyeash

just ordered a GOPRO Hero 3 Black motorsports edition

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition?gclid=CMap9cbh7bcCFTHJtAod8U0AWA

and a Stack 8100 dash from tweeks

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/dash-displays/stack-st8100-race-rally-dash-display

so i can finally have accurate speed and revs! plus want to tidy up the dash on the car

2052NV

wowow sooooooo fast!!!!!!!!!!

qwerty

I totally love that stack dash.

I'm a big fan of this car, really hope to see it in action one day.

Any chance you could pop the link up for you video, just I can't see it on the iPad

rallyeash

Search mallory park 205 gti6.

Should be able to find it. Poster was trackdaynova.

Thanks! Well passenger rides are always available at trackdays.

rallyeash

Go Pro 3 and the Stack dash turned up end of last week, didnt have a chance to touch the car the weekend but last night i removed my old sensors, standard dials and got rid of a lot of wiring that would no longer be required.

i then ran the Stack loom up under the dash and the sensor wires through the main bulkhead grommet and out to where they needed to be at the engine. Oil temp, water temp and oil pressure. Because I was running aftermarket gauges before made this part easy as the adaptors were already there so i wound in the 1/8npt Stack sensors straight in then clipped the wirring upto the engine harness.

back inside i needed a plate for the stack to sit in so at work i made one out of alloy sheet and then was wrapped in a black vinyl to look subtle. when i got home this evening i mounted it all in and connected the ignition power supply to it.

As i chopped out alot of the standard wiring for the original clocks i had no indicator flashers on the dash so i got two green low powered led warning lights from work and took a feed from each of the indicators and added them in too.

I then added a feed from the Dta ecu so i have a working tacho and well here is the result...

Left indicator on as an example

IMG_2351_zpsecf59782.jpg

rallyeash

Hit a tyre wall head on today and front ends a state :-(

qwerty

Looks really smart that mate :)

Spiky

Hit a tyre wall head on today and front ends a state :-(

really? thats such crap news :(

what happened?

rallyeash

Coming into the esses 3 abreast, either had to hit another car or hit the big stack of tyres head on! So i hit the tyres square on about 70 and the cat stopped wirh 5 foot!

Necks Pretty sore now!

Bumper, wings, bonnet, rad, oil cooler, passenger door, headlights, indicators and osf slam panel is all knackared.

Really really gutted, had to get a lift home and bring the truck and trailer back :-(

dcc

this is s*it news. the good news is you can rip off the wings and everything and fit some fiberglass dimma panels :)

dcc

For the cost of postage/courier I will give you 2 clear indicators, a standard GTI radiator and fan cowling and a headlamp - might have another spare somewhere :(