• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

rallyeash

i think ive just realised what you mean, pads are different on gti6 calipers to these ones. appears i have 307 hdi calipers :( :(

Edited by rallyeash

allye

Red calipers you tart! :lol:

Should of gone white for the wheels, its not a rallye otherwise!

rallyeash

na white is a pain in the ass if it isnt powdercoated with brake dust etc.

new set of Mintex 1155 pads, 205 gti6 braided lines and a new gear rod set ordered from miles :) just bought some Brembo discs also

could be back on the road by the weekend if i ever get my v5 back from useless dvla after a address change. been around 7 weeks now :(

although think ive just wasted two evenings refurbing 307 hdi calipers!!!!! not very pleased

Edited by rallyeash

welshpug

indeed, gti6 only every used one type of caliper, lucas items, so those pads from miles wont fit :(

rallyeash

just realised that :( been onto the seller already. more annoying ive wasted two evenings, stripping, cleaning, painting, rebuilding a set of useless calipers! (for me anyway) ebay job i guess :(

kyepan

you can get brembo ds2500 pads for those 307 hdi calipers, they are (in my humble opinion) better than the m1144 material pads.

BTW, great car.

welshpug

another thought too, 307's used a 26mm thick disc, they'd weigh a ton! (6.74 Kg, nearly a full kilo more than the gti6 ones per side)

Edited by welshpug

rallyeash

ive ordered 1155 gti6 pads and brembo gti6 discs so need gti6 calipers now.

S@m

Remember that you can get 'gti6' rear calipers from Saxos, 106's, 90's clios, renault 5's, 205's, 306's, etc etc. All the same. Just look at the massive list of applications on the brake pad box!

Sam

Edited by Sam306

pier_bruce

one of the best 205s ive seen, nice job!

rallyeash

got some gti6 calipers coming today from "Rich E" thanks though

edbar

I take it after reading your latest posts you felt you needed more grip? Felt grippy to me, should be mega with wider tyres!

Batfink

Remember that you can get 'gti6' rear calipers from Saxos, 106's, 90's clios, renault 5's, 205's, 306's, etc etc. All the same. Just look at the massive list of applications on the brake pad box!

Sam

piston sizes differ on some models... welshpug will know which ones lol

welshpug

I do, but ash is after fronts not rears :lol:

rallyeash

yep front calipers, all sorted now anyway.

yeah looking to try and get some more front end grip :)

rallyeash

right then, sourced some gti6 calipers rather than the 307 ones i was mis sold. fitted them with a new set of Mintex 1155 pads and 205 gti6 braided lines from Miles :)

also fitted is the C5 alloy steel's which ive done in black and are wrapped in new R888's

seeing as it was now back roadworthy, had Mot, Insurance still thought i'd tax it so i could take it for a spin. :) started straight up, which i was pleased with seeing as it has been sat there since the last trackday in october. took a while to get used to it again, bit of an animal compared to the 306 gti6 which i've been driving around in recently :)

the pair together earlier, (only took on the work phone so not great quality)

172.jpg

and the gti6 (again not great quality) fitted some crystals on it which can be seen just about in the above picture

166.jpg

bring on the trackdays :)

allanallen

Nice one ash! I love going for a drive in something decent after driving the daily for ages, reminds you what it's all about!!!

allye

Have you moved your lock up ash?

rallyeash

ive given the lockup up now as i don't really need it anymore. the smaller stuff i can do in a single garage or at home on the drive. moving to salisbury in January anyhow so might try and find one over there.

EdCherry

Garage in Salisbury! Goodluck. If you find one slightly too large for just yourself give us a shout ;)

rallyeash

well going to be living on a village on the outskirts. will be going half's with a mate who wants a place for his 106 rallye track car also.

where on the outskirts are you anyway?

EdCherry

Winterslow. Near Porton Down? Half way between Salisbury and Andover really.

Where you moving too, Amesbury/Durrington or otherside at Alderbury?

rallyeash

ah ok, yeah alderbury direction mate :)

rallyeash

now a proud owner of a Tran X diff and mi16 gearbox. need to take the quiafe out as thats sold. This leaves me with a problem, keep the 1900 box or swap to the mi16 box? ive always felt the 1900 box feels a good match to my engine so thinking of sticking with it. also means i can just change the diff without taking the box out.

should be all ready for the combe trackday on 31st March...

• Like 1