• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

chipstick

Sorry to hear that Ash.

At least your OK and the car sounds repairable? Have you started to look beyond the initial damage for damage to the legs etc?

I know you'll be up and running again in no time no doubt :)

rallyeash

Yeah I'm ok. Although my body is aching more every hour!

Yeah should all be repairable. I havent looked at it too hard but the inner wings look ok bar the panel below the headlight/behind where the fogs would be is bent right up but I think that's straighten able.

I'll drop you a pm about that mate. Cheers!

Spiky

Nice one dcc

My mate has a slam panel and grill

rallyeash

The grill might straighten out as I think it's just bent back by other stuff. I'll strip the front end down and work out what's what.

Appreciate you boys helping me out!

qwerty

Really sorry to hear about this, you'll have it sorted in no time I'm sure

blandy

Oh no hopefully itll be repairable but least your all ok

Spiky

Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it "Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16 fibre glass Automatic bonnet". http://r.ebay.com/YhVZ7K

My mate is selling that. Just in case you interested ash

rallyeash

thanks mate, Im not sure what might be repairable by a good dent man yet so will wait to see what i actually need to purchase but heres a couple of pics...

passengers side is worse with the door and wing badly dented.

you can see to where the tyres are how long it took to go from about 70/80 - 0!

can also see the glass across the track from my headlights

Picture023_zps2decede9.jpg

Picture025_zpscfe80fd2.jpg

Picture026_zpsb8577d52.jpg

welshpug

How the funk did you manage that?!

Spiky

So 3 cars into that corner, and you possibly t bone someone

Was you late breaking cars into corner or did the car in front spin?

Just backs up my comment that i will never do action days again

rallyeash

i was following a 350hp Saab for around 3 laps, I was quicker through the bends than him and being a high power'd turbo driver like they are they dont like smaller hatches going past them.

So i backed off a bit early over avon rise, kept it pinned through Quarry and made my move on him, but he was overtaking a RS2000 at the time so we were three a breast. I was on the inside of the track (overtaking on the right) and planning on late braking into esses, like ive done 100's of times. Trouble is on the non race line of the track theres very little grip because of rubber etc etc and I was trying to outbrake a car that was out braking another car with crap road surface.

I then had 2 options, to run straight on, cutting across 2 cars and most likely them twating me in the side or turn in early and across the grass, my intention was to go on the inside of the tyres and just have a bouncy ride across the grass but understeer happened.....

The driving standard of the day was pretty good, no worse than your average trackday

TT205

I hate to see your pug bashed up when you've poured so much blood sweat and tears into it but why were you trying to outbrake anyone into a corner - it's a track day

On the track days I've been on you would have been black flagged for that

rallyeash

It's not quite as bad as you think. I started overtaking him on the exit of the previous corner/start of 'farm straight'

If you want to start looking at trackday rules I was ahead of the other 2 cars when entering the braking zone/ no overtaking zone so the Saab should of let off and let the faster car by. He didn't so I didn't have a lot of choice....

TT205

I hope you reported him

Anthony

To be honest Ash, from the picture it looks like you got away very lightly for a 70mph+ smack - the tyres clearly did a very good job of slowing you and dissipating energy! I've seen worse damage from a sub 30mph shunt.

Hope that you're on the mend soon and good luck getting the 205 fixed :)

rallyeash

I thought the same Anthony!

My back and neck is pretty sore today!

rallyeash

TT205

You could say on the other hand I should of waited for him to let me by and I shouldn't of tried to go by.

But hey, it's a trackday I've been doing them for 7 years now and this is my first prang. Accidents will happen at trackdays and overall I've gotten away fairly lightly.

Could be sat here needing a re shell!

dale205mills

I have just replaced a front panel and re built the inner wings on my topaz 205 and you are more the well come to have a flick threw my thread or pop down to Portsmouth and take a look at the car, it mite be a bit easier for you as wings will be off for repair as I left mine on.

Matt Holley

The tyres shouldn't be there full stop! so much damage caused by them and for what? To stop someone shaving a 10th of their lap time?

I heard the racing school refuse to run the Formula fords with the tyres there.

allye

What a kick in the c*nt ash, you can ride shotgun in the goodwood at Prescott if it makes you feel better! Haha

rallyeash

seeing as the car won't fix its self....

oil cooler radiator bent in and was touching the engine, actually bent the aeroquip fittings into the dry sump pump but looks as if ive got away with just the need to order a couple of fittings there. oil cooler rad is split along the bottom and leaking out both outlet fittings. Dry sump tank has also pushed back into the gearbox which has dented it several times which sucks :-(

IMG_2392_zpsa000fd9f.jpg

bumper brackets have taken a bending!!

can see some of the dents in tank.

IMG_2393_zps1062c15d.jpg

passengers door

IMG_2395_zps3f8585ef.jpg

inner wings straightened up, also the bar that runs between which mounts my water rad and oil cooler rad.

IMG_2398_zps0f4a05bb.jpg

drivers wing straightened out. damage wasnt huge but it was fairly bent right at the front. Bonnet and slam panel straightened up- aero catches lock down again now too!

IMG_2400_zpsf2e759fd.jpg

passenger door straightened out as best possible.

IMG_2401_zpsb9b80837.jpg

There is a small dents on the bonnet, wings, and door which I'll book a dent man for the day to sort out, whilst im at it ill get him to run over the whole car to make it minty mint.

Need a pair of headlights, indicators and plastic brackets, oil cooler rad and new water rad, couple of aeroquip fittings and hopefully drop my catch tank off at Spec R to see if they can sort it out abit.

Also need a new front bumper if anyones got one?

Pretty pleased with the progress :-)

allanallen

Bloody hell Ash!! Bit s*it that mate but sterling effort on pulling your finger out and sorting it.

I must agree with Matt, it's f***ing stupid those tyres being there really for this exact reason.

trogboy

I've got a base model bumper that you can have for nothing if you come and get it. I've think I've also got a pair of headlights and I a pair of clear indicators too that you can have for beer money. I'll check tonight.

rallyeash

That's great. Can I collect the bumper tonight? Just the bumper I need, will be able to re use my valance

I've got headlights sorted from Anthony. Collecting them tonight :-)

calvinhorse

Was this a trackday or racing?