• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

rallyeash

real short throw, like 2 inches from gear to gear, its up much higher and nearer the steering wheel so easy to change gear when on track etc. looks cool too!

oli-pug

How much we talking for the satchshift ash?

qwerty

And where do you get one from?

Really like this car, love the black c5 wheel with the white, you not tempted to go for the rally arches?

rallyeash

from Colin Satchell, think he's going to be knocking them out just under £300.

thanks :) nah dont like rallye arches on the uk rallye's. try's to make it somthing it isnt.

Batfink

Kam Racing sell them too. http://www.kamracing...-kit-se003.html

Be interested on how you get on with it.

we've sold a few to owners of 205 rally cars with good feedback. Got them in stock too for next day delivery :D

oli-pug

Another thing for the shopping list there then!

rallyeash

yup! really look forward to driving it again, just gota find the time to fit it though...

camgti

Do you mind posting a few pictures up of the Gearstick and how it mounts. Very interested in this. DO you think its practical for a daily?

Cam

rallyeash

Yeah no problem, will do when I fit it but doubt that will be soon as off to Canada,....

cheesegrater

This car looks ace. What rad are you using?

stef205

Renault 5gt turbo rad as am I very good and efficient

(null)

cheesegrater

Ah right cool. Does it handle the heat alright or are the fans on all the time?

stef205

Mine sits on the 3rd bar when driving and fans come on nice and early then cuts out the rad is around 50mm think holds about the same amount of water if not more but in a smaller place. I paid £100 from china top quality had it 3 years now

(null)

rallyeash

Updates to come!

calvinhorse

About bloody time!

rallyeash

Haha I bought type R impreza recently which seems to have taken my interest. Have just ordered an open face trackday helmet from tweeks for some trackdays next year.

rallyeash

had/have a few days holiday to take before christmas so i decided to get some work done on the 205.

pulled it out of my mates garage where its been sat unstarted since July! Jump leads, slave battery and fresh fuel were at the ready but she fired up on her own with just a bit of throttle which i was suprised about :D

loaded it up onto the trailer and took it to work...

2054-1.jpg

at our new workshops

205atwork.png

took my tools and toolbox over to work aswell which ill leave there as most of the 205 work will be carried out there. its been sat in the corner of dads garage for a while and really wanted to get it properly sorted so it did!

2056.jpg

so cracked on and get it up in the air and pulled wheels off, nut and bolt checked it around first which was a good idea seing as all 4 of the carrier bolts on the front brakes had worked lose! i persumed that the thread lock that comes dry on the new bolts with a set of pads would be fine... clearly not! so dug out the proper locktite, cleaned the bolts and put them back together but not before taking the pads out and checking the brakes over :)

205atwork3.jpg

next job was to remove the swirl pot and bosch 044 pump which was mounted behing the passengers seat and fit it under the boot floor properly. always got a wiff of fuel when driving which i put down to it all being inside even with the correct fuel lines. should be the end of it now

on the bench

2052-1.jpg

mounted up under the boot floor. just need add the feed pipe from the tank, return to the tank then connect up the fuel lines to the engine bay.

205fuel.jpg

more updates soon..

oh and one of the impreza while out last weekend. ive got hold of some prodrive OZ P1 wheels which ive had professionally refurbed with new tyres and will be fitting tomorrow :ph34r:

impreza-1.png

all crappy IPhone pics im afraid :(

Edited by rallyeash

qwerty

Canny workshop ;)

Get some pics up of the new wheels on the imprezza

rallyeash
  • picked the P1 wheels up earlier from the wheel refurbisher next door. well pleased with them....

ive bought two Uniroyal Rainsports to replace the knackared two they came with and the other two have Michelins with 6mm of tread.

imprezaP1wheels.jpg

rallyeash

further to relocating the swirl pot and Bosch pump to under the boot floor, i needed to order a load of fuel line and fittings to complete the job.

Ive just ordered this from Torques.co.uk

10M of -6 Teflon/PTFE braided fuel line

6 90 degree -6 fittings

1x8mm billet fuel filter

2x -6 bulkheads (to go through the firewall)

2x -6 45 degree fittings

2x -6 straight fittings

fuel filter will be mounted in the boot floor then the Teflon braided lines ran up and back to the bulkhead, fittings throught the bulkhead then braided lines upto both fuel rails.

should be here later this week all being well and back running by the weekend. Bring on 2013 trackdays!

rallyeash

stuff delivered from Torques.co.uk

fuellines.jpg

pipework under the boot floor and all plumbed in...

205fuel-1.jpg

pipework coming from the tank to the bulkhead fittings in the boot floor, then coming back out and heading down towards the front of the car. all PTFE braided lines

205.jpg

engine bay done

205enginebay.jpg

• Like 1

Spiky

i'm interested to see if the 044 works, becuase it's positioned above the swirl pot :)

keep up the good work :)

rallyeash

well that was my thoughts too... it runs and revs fine but i havent driven it yet so im not sure. the way the swirl pot is made it doesnt really give me the option of gravity feeding the Bosch pump.

Spiky

i have the same predicament, but, my thoughts are, as we (and we shouldnt) are using a high pressure (std) pump to fill swirl pot, it will be ok

i'll let you test for me ;)