• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

[Body_Work] Rust Rust And More Rust!

Telf

The bottle is to be honest rubbish. The sensor wouldn't fit , seems the molding inside is incorrect. Anyway I pushed it so hard I actually broke the tube ... so I cut it down and made my own float stop. Whilst at it I stripped the middle bit out and found the reed switch burnt out so replaced that.

It's all pressure tight but just I dunno a bit crap.

Anyway it's up for sale so of anyone wants a 205 let me know  

Telf
2 hours ago, Anthony said:

OK to me - shade is probably a little off and would have the concours lot tutting

Cheers Anthony.

I give zero fuxks about the concourse crowd. Most of the so called experts weren't even born when I was bombing around in my first 1.6. They can feck off.

Makes me laugh I had a 1.6 in 93 , it was a pig of a car even then on a G plate. Rusty wings, it leaked water into the footwells but boy could it shift! 

• Haha 2

Telf
1 hour ago, Leslie green said:

plastic doesn't age that well as anyone who has taken a 205 part knows only too well 

Mines carnage mate , my dash is laughable with only afew screws in it. Strangely it no longer creaks and everything sits lovely and level. So much easier taking it to bits when I need to. 

Telf
6 minutes ago, Telf said:

. Rusty wings, it leaked water into the footwells but boy could it shift! 

That's without mentioning the falling to bits seats, absolutely trashed rear beam and a manifold that had more cracks than you could wave a stick at. I think it had 68 k on it . My missus finally killed it 5 years later when a BMW thought it could outrun a Pug and was proven wrong along with the who can brake faster test.  God I loved that car and have absolutely no pictures of it. No one gave a f*** what they looked like then just how quick they went.