• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dobboy

[Engine_Work] Dobboy's Clean-Up / Gti6

Dizzee stuff

I once had a 205 fitted with polly windows that had small sliding openings it was very very hot in the summer.

dobboy

That's why i'm gonna keep the backs operational using the glass. And looking in the saxo forum there isn't reall much to gain on the fronts, but the sunroof with defineately be going.

Dizzee stuff

If I did it again I would make the fronts slide up and down in the original runners but remove all the motors ect.

dobboy

If I did it again I would make the fronts slide up and down in the original runners but remove all the motors ect.

I hear you Dizzee, but bear in mind it's Scotland i live in, and the local track has it's own weather system into the bargain, which is usually worse.

dobboy

I seen this advertised local to me yesterday morning, me and a freind went and seen it last night, and bought it....cheap!

It's been garaged for 9 years, and it's all there except lower steering column plastic, and parcel shelf shelves.

The engine sounds ok but my pal thinks maybe big end problems, but the oil, petrol, etc is also 9 yr old, so we'll attend to fluids first then take it from there.

It's virtually rust free, interior is excellent except a rip on a seat. It's had a door and possibly sills painted at some stage.

Plan is to get is legal, tidy it up, and punt it, hopefully at profit.

It's a 94 Rallye S1, and it looks nuts on the road.

309lr9s.jpg

• Like 1

Anthony

Nice! I'd love an unmolested S1 Rallye, but they're all either silly money or they've been ruined :(

dobboy

Yeah Anthony, I think it looks wicked. There was an army coming to view it at the weekend, so I nipped in there first as it was on my doorstep... result.

It's all very original except a 4-2-1, and a K&N filter, but has the original exh mani in the boot.

It's got 90k on the clock and only done 1 mile in 9 year, which was moving it from one owner to another. Under the bonnet and under the car is very tidy.

There wasn't any pug paperwork with it but the guy knows the previous owner and is gonna try see if there is anything for it.

It's probably gonna be a few weeks before we can get in about it as my pal has a rally to get ready for, and I want to get my CJ ready to for the spring/to sell.

welshpug

Lovely, now try not to ruin it :P

it'll need a fair bit of work if its been sat for 9 years though.

dobboy

Lovely, now try not to ruin it :P

it'll need a fair bit of work if its been sat for 9 years though.

I've just done a vehicle check and it was MOT'd until May 2009, so the guy was telling porkies!

This will just get fixed and kept original, then sold. (although I can see the selling part of the plan being difficult already)

I'm halfs on it with my pal so it will need to be sold when finished.

dobboy

Went to see it earlier and took some more pics.

1264pk2.jpg

2hgen1t.jpg

2ag4s9v.jpg

bfm6e.jpg

One thing I spotted and probably will never see again on a car I own, is that the plate on the slam panel says "Grp N Homologation"

We've decided we're gonna try make a job of it, everything cleaned, repaired, painted, etc etc where necessary. Engine will be coming out when we've narrowed down what this noise is. A guy we know's coming round tonight for a listen to see what he thinks.

The noise starts at about 2.5krpm and gets faster as you rev it up, but doesn't really get any louder. It's like a knocking, but more from the top of the engine. There is a host of noises, loud injectors, fecked clutch release bearing, tappets needing adjusted etc.

The tyres are a bit mad on it, Pirelli P600 iirc, which I think is the correct ones for it. Weird shape.

aldworth33

Always wanted an s1 rallye, nearly bought a mint one a few years ago but bank wouldn't give me a loan because I had no credit history and it sold but the time my first phone contract and tool box payment gave me one haha I was gutted.

What are you looking to get if it's fine once the fluids are swapped?

dale205mills

Very nice, I got given a rolled s1 rallye about 8 years a go and broke it for parts, the bits sold really well, even back then. I could see my self in one of them. Look forward to seeing progress on it.

j_turnell

That looks great, nice find, s1's are a hoot to drive, only downside is the pedal spacing!

dobboy

No sure Ald, think it's gonna be getting a bit of a refresh no matter what.

welshpug

tappets can get noisy, easy job though, grab a haynes that covers the tu and some feeler gauges and crack on, its part of servicing them.

dobboy

tappets can get noisy, easy job though, grab a haynes that covers the tu and some feeler gauges and crack on, its part of servicing them.

Yeah WP, that's one of the noises present, another being a fecked clutch release bearing. But the noise causing concern is lower pitch, maybe more like big ends but from higher up the engine, unless the noise is travelling.

I'm just wondering if it could be the oil pump?

Mac Crash

How many more can you hide before she finds out? :unsure::D

Edited by Mac Crash
  • Like 1

dobboy

How many more can you hide before she finds out? :unsure::D

Ha ha, yeah but the CJ will be getting sold soon/spring (that was the deal to allow me to get the Saxo).

This one is only a half stake, and won't be kept at mines, so doesn't really count ????

Dizzee stuff

It looks very nice, I think you may be tempted to keep this when its done, its only gonna go one way in value.

dobboy

It looks very nice, I think you may be tempted to keep this when its done, its only gonna go one way in value.

You're right Dizzee, never mind value, it's an odd but smart looking little car.

dobboy

My new tyres had arrived for the Saxo on Monday,

i already had a set of black powder coated SL's (intended for CJ)

and i had a buyer lined up for the Saxo's wheels

and i sold the Cobra seats that i took out the red Saxo last night via Gumtree for more than they were worth.

So....., got the new tyres fitted to the black wheels, and fitted to the Saxo, and i really like how it looks, it's really changed it imo.

mcgi8z.jpg

Took it for a run,..... now, before i get slagged, i knew what i was doing and i coulld see there was no cars approaching:

I headed into a big roundabout far too fast with nobody about, the stickers were probably still on the tyres, 1/3rd of the way round the back went out, 1/2 round i've lost control, 2/3 way round and i've hit the roundabout kerb with the front valance and i'm facing as if i had went straight through at the roundabout..... all at slow speed.

143i4ab.jpg

But it was fixed in a few mins at the side of the road enough to get home.

Regarding the Rallye, our guy thinks the big ends are shot as expected, so the engine will get rebuilt whilst i do some cleaning.

allye

Easy mistake to make, even more so in the wet. You only learn one way!

What tyres?

dobboy

Easy mistake to make, even more so in the wet. You only learn one way!

What tyres?

It wasn't really a mistake tbh, but yeah you can only learn one way!

Tyres are Yoko AD08R, i have them on my 205 also and i think they're really good..... it's far too wintery for them just now but i'm ready for the summer 8)

dobboy

Have been using the car when i can to get it to prove itself and to try build up some confidence in it, a bit of a PITA getting in and out with harnesses etc, but worth it for the fun factor.

Gave it it's first wash since i've owned it i think, and it looks well imo, a few dents in the flesh but very shinny.

k0nabm.jpg

A bit of good news on Monday..... the registration number has sold for the red Saxo that i had (and gave shell to an autograsser). But even better is that i had told them to reduce the price of it from giving me 400 in my hand to 250, but they hadn't reduced it, so, i've ended up with the 400.

I've told the guy i'm halfs with on the Rallye that i'll put the 400 towards Rallye bits/works as he had taken me down to Lincolnshire for the red Saxo and i said i'd give him half what (if anything) i got for the reggy.

Also, last night, a Rallye in similar condition to ours at the moment sold for 3.6k. So, we're quite happy to throw a bit of money at ours getting it really good knowing there is a market for them when it comes time to sell.

On the 106/Rallye, we've now got all the missing trim bits for the inside with the exception of the inside tailgate cover. And i've bought new dipstick, cambelt cover, ECU cover, clutch pedal cover, which were missing. The car's now stored out at a local farm, and we'll be taking the engine out next week. Also found out most of the bits are available from Pug for a bottom end rebuild which will be first choice.

At the request of my 4yr old i've got number decals fitted, he wanted flames too, i've to pick the one up for the bonnet on Monday, and still contemplating doing the full car with sort of grey/silver/white zebra stripes.

dcd30j.jpg

I've now got a full set of C5's for the Saxo too, wheels have came from 3 different locations. Price of the correct wheelbolts for them was a bit of a pisser.