• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sandy

[race_prep] Our Hillclimb/sprint 205

Matt Holley

Good luck guys, It looks like it will be a nice day for it!

marksorrento205

All the best! Looking forward to hearing how it has pi$$ed all over the competition :D

Sandy

LoL, thanks! A trouble free day hopefully!

Sandy

Wiscombe today, first time out proper, fastest Saloon, mixing it with the quickest Sevens! (R500s etc)

Long story to follow.

• Like 6

pugdamo

That is amazing,iv read this project from start to finish and have been impressed all the way,top quality work.

barry d

top quality work. revs and gears is mental.!!! :)

wicked

... fastest Saloon, mixing it with the quickest Sevens! (R500s etc)

Impressive!! R500s are the defacto standard for how cars should handle on track...

Besides the master job on the engine ( :wub: ), the work on the suspension is impressive as well!!

The way you take it through the chicanes (@ vid of testlap) doesn't give the impression that you're driving a 205....

Edited by wicked

Sandy

Got some in car from the Go Pro. Note how little the shift lights flash (red). The green light comes on at 5k and that goes out alot too, the importance of flexibility in the delivery!

• Like 2

wardy18

Looks awesome Sandy, that short shift into 2nd off the start line and the pull it had immediately takes your breath away and the pull out of each hear change is epic!!

What happened over the finish line, lost drive??

cybernck

It says "driveshaft fail" at the start of the video :).

Sandy

The intermediate bearing moved on the shaft and allowed the offside shaft to slip out of the diff. They managed to drift it back into position and went down the road to find a garage, who spotted the sleeve to stop it re-occurring.

oli-pug

Looks brutally quick at all revs and so easy to drive! :)

allanallen

Nice :) liking Colin clutching it up in second to get it over the line :)

Sandy

Haha, yeah, it's really steep up the final hairpin and I think he ran a bit wide, i'll let him off this time!

wardy18

That Mi16 didn't stand a chance..........poor guy!! :P

welshpug

Has he been practising his starts? quicker than most rwd vehicles there on the launch :D

Guess it shows how well the suspension works even with that torque/power, do any rally cars run Colin's chassis yet?

Batfink

He's working on a customer car with the same roll cage..

kyepan

So basically, you only got beaten by a handful of single seaters... and beat all the other single seaters. !

• Like 2

TT205

Including beating a Hyabussa Caterham!!!

Sandy

That's about it yes. Very pleasing debut!

That incar was the second time Colin launched the car, first time was in the morning practice (before Paul broke it!) We didn't do any launches at Llandow. Launch control is all plumbed in, just need to add the switch/pot and test it; but not sure it'll shave alot off.

The 309 looked to be going well, with a pretty modest engine as far as I could tell. The Swift in the class below was a pretty serious bit of kit (ex-works car, works 1600 engine, sequential etc) with a good driver; I don't think he was all that thrilled with our get up.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 2

Sandy

Found someone else's clip of Colin:

• Like 2

B1ack_Mi16

Inspiring car. I'm really jealous of your engine knowledge, and that you actually earn money on this.. I'm stuck at a rather boring work 8-9 hours a day just to be able to earn money to have a few hours some afternoons each week to work on engines/cars :(

Anyways, I was wondering have you ever considered using the 407 dual wishbone setup on the front of a 205, or will that be too heavy and not suited? (I'm just so impressed with the grip of my 407 even on cheap tires)

Also I'm very interested in how you are shortening the driveshafts. You got a pic of the shaft during and after a cut and weld process?

I'm tempted to build something custom one day myself, but I need to get rid of all the other car projects first.. :unsure:

• Like 1

Lowercase

THAT CAR IS UTTER BANANAS!