• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

[trackday_prep] 205 2.1 16V Rallye Track Car

Paul_13

Looks like an animal.

I believe you met my mate a little while ago in Arborfield, he's got a Rallye with a MI16 engine in.

Must admit 14" wheels suit the Rallye better than his 15" wheels.

rallyeash

yeah, he did some work experiance at my work. im based from arborfield but out on the road in hampshire normally

allye

Out of interest how does it compare with all the other cars on track? I would guess you are one of the faster ones out there? (not that it's a race!)

rallyeash

well nothing came past at Llandow the other week. the only thing that overtook was an track prep'd m3 which was only due to him overtaking whilst we were in traffic through a bend which isnt allowed, once we were through the traffic we caught him back up and with another lap would of gone past him again...

rallyeash

:ph34r:

RS day at castle combe yesterday

DSC03552.jpg

rallyeash

had an ace battle with this spec C impreza import, 350bhp proper suspension setup, massive brakes, Ao48's etc. was chaing me for about 5 laps, let him past then chased him for another 5 laps or so, he stuck his thumb out the window after the flag came out and had a chat with him in the paddock afterwards :ph34r:

270551_10150700288615010_716750009_19324573_6768091_n.jpg

Sandy

Glad it's going well :)

Henry 1.9GTi

couldnt, help laugh at the scooby understeer. Look where his front wheel is pointing!

205 looks ace though :)

rallyeash

thanks both.

well pleased with the engine sandy, still a couple of seconds off the front running saloons though... handling tweeks are going the right direction though :):)

swordfish210

thanks both.

well pleased with the engine sandy, still a couple of seconds off the front running saloons though... handling tweeks are going the right direction though :):)

Did you get the rear arb sorted? By the time i got out of work you guys seemed to be all gone.

Sandy

thanks both.

Goodo. Non-competitive huh?!!

rallyeash

somthing like that :unsure::lol:

mark, yeah got the arb sorted, the difference was night and day!

rallyeash

im going to be changing the fuel system abit, the fuel lines aren't PTFE lined so it smells of fuel abit which gives you a headache when driving it all day, and as ive got a 4 hour round trip to pugfest i didnt really fancy that so just ordered...

4x -6 fittings these are proper compression fittings to go on steel pipe, abit of luck we keep 2M lengths of 8mm steel pipe at work which should be just the trick. will be down 4 metres by tomorrow evening...

fuelfittingpushon.jpg

30 micron fuel filter,

fuelfilter.jpg

4x -6 straight fittings to go from the compression fittings to braided flexi on the engine side and tank side

fuelfitting.jpg

2x -6 bulkhead fittings to make a good job of going through the floor

fuelfittingbulkhead.jpg

and finally a proper cradle to mount the Bosch 044 fuel pump, its to noisey to be inside the car so its going under the boot floor somwhere

fuelpumpbracket.jpg

should have it all by the weekend as ive got access to a pit and ramp which i plan to make the most of :)

rallyeash

couple of pics from pugfest...

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

rallyeash

practical performance magazine photoshoot tomorrow....

Paul_13

I'll be looking out to buy that issue then :)

allye

How in any way is your car practical!!! Haha

rallyeash

cars in next months practical performance car mag, in the "next issue" section of this months mag

although the small write up says home brewed iconic pug 205 rallye with 306 gti6 engine and box.... don't know where that extra gear has come....

trackday at castle combe this saturday also, new tyres, oil +filter changed, ht leads replaced which cleared up the tiny misfire so think im all set :)

rallyeash

pushing hard at the trackday on saturday.....

rallyetower.jpg

edbar

Didnt tell me you were going! Wouldve watched!

oli-pug

Cool pic Ash. Are you planning to do any other tracks than Combe, id like to see it in action sometime :)

rallyeash

yeah want to try and get away from combe abit next year, only done combe (alot) and Llandow this year.

would like to go to spa, brands, cadwell (again) and a few others. thats if im not out living in Canada :)

rallyeash

right then, couple of changes with the car coming up.

14" S2 rallye steels have come off the car.

266mm Hi spec 4 pots sold

15" C5 alloy steel's bought

new set of 195 50 R15 R888's purchased

gti6 calipers from a member purchased

brembo discs, braided lines and decent pads will be on order this evening once i have choosen make of pad

C5 wheels have been done gloss black, tyres fitted and balanced and fitted onto the car.

main reason for the above is to gain 40mm overall contact with with the ground, lower profile tyres (less flex) lighter rims and i'll see how the car performs on gti6 calipers but i don't think it will be much worse than my old brakes with going up a disc size and some better brake pads. if im not happy i'll invest in some 283mm 4 pots but i dont really want to run spacers if im honest.

gti6 calipers stripped, refurbed and repainted red..

002-9.jpg

welshpug

errrr.

are you sure they are gti6 calipers?...

rallyeash

Bosch ones, pretty sure they are? why do you think not?