• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

wardy18

[race_prep] Guernsey Hillclimb 205 Build

wardy18

What to go for:

Std Top engine mount at £9.99

or

Competition Top engine mount at £87.00

Bearing in mind i am replacing the 2 rubber top mount bushes with solid bushes.

See pics, i really want the Competition one but its alot of extra beer tokens so is it really worth it???

post-11100-0-31478800-1300829757_thumb.jpg

post-11100-0-60597000-1300829771_thumb.jpg

EdCherry

I went for BBM stuff all round, seems the tits.

Bonnet pins arn't in the same place, could you do ones without the cut outs? any idea on price?

wardy18

Will have a look into BBM stuff

Yeh I'm sure it won't be a problem, will just add a couple tabs in when moulding then sand out any ridges when out the mould. Will have a think in price

Cameron

Yes please! If you're going to make them, I'd like a plain one please. :)

wardy18

I have thought overnight of one design flaw in my scuttle panel which if I'm going to make and sell them to you guys I'm not gonna hide from you, if it rains all water run down from the windscreen will now run straight down the scuttle panel and into the engine!!

Unles you have a STD bonnet with the long sealing rubber which when closed will seal down onto the scuttle panel end to end.

I have a fibreglass bonnet (you may be surprised haha) and so will now have water running into my engine bay, my only solution will be to buy a length of 90deg bent ally strip to fit and bond under the front of the scuttle panel then screw through this onto the car, this will catch any water run down and divert to the side to run down top of the arch sills.

Let me know your thoughts?

Cameron

I'm ok with this, my car is kept in a garage and only comes out when it's sunny. :)

wardy18

Problem solved so easily too, I just fed a but of electrical wire down into the window rubber along the bottom of the window which lifts the rubber off the window a couple of mm then the water will drain into this channel and then drain down the actual drain holes in the rubber either side of the windscreen bottom corners, happy days!!

I'll get a couple made up, I can make in 1 ply fibreglass with or without a layer of gel coat, only have White gel coat I'm afraid, if you really want black gel coat I can get sone proper die for it, obviously price will be more for a gel coat layer, will come back with prices ina bit

Cheers

Simon

Cameron

Plain old 1 ply without gel coat is fine with me, I'll only end up painting it black.

wardy18

That's my plan :)

Batfink

I'd be interested in one as well :D

EdCherry

Yer give us a price for plain it is then, got any pics of this rain wire thing you did?

wardy18

Can't seem to pm you mate, prices are 25 for plain 1ply fibreglass and 35 including a layer of gel coat, p&p will only be a few quid ontop

Let me know if you definitely want one

wardy18

P&P turns out to be £5 due to the length of the panel, this is untracked but is insured if lost!

Regards

Simon

wardy18

Update on todays work:

Hacked off another 1.5kg from the inside of my boto lid, never seen them taken this far and as far as the bottom half goes this is as much as you can take out cause its now fairly flimsy, all i wanna do now is get a set of them hole cutters to cut lightening holes in the inside pillars of the boot lid.

post-11100-0-35473800-1300992150_thumb.jpg

Also made up my first part of the intake tunnel to cover the ITB's air filter from the hot air blow around from the cooling fans, obviously its long into the engine bay at the bottom, this was on purpose because until the engine is in i dont know where everything will sit so it will then be cut to shape later on, looks good thou huh?! :D

post-11100-0-13550000-1300992124_thumb.jpg

Cameron

Looks good! :D

I think you should drill a s*itload of holes around the inside of the window frame to make it even lighter! I'm going to do this with my doors, just need to get some sikaflex to bond the windows in first. :D

wardy18

Cheers, yeh thats my plan but I need to buy a set of those hole cutters, all I have is a set of Step Drillbits one of which goes from about 5mm to 20mm which is perfect but it about 30mm long so it will hit the outer skin before I get to the 20mm wide step, I might just have to map out and drill loads of 10mm holes instead, just as affective!

Just a little concerned about regulations, MSA state that I am not aloud to drill any lightening holes other than to run Fuel, Brake or Elec lines, but it doesn't specify if this applies to doors and boot lid. However it does say Doors, Boot and Bonnet can be changed for other materials so if this is allowed surely I am aloud to lighten original with lightening holes seeing as hacking the guts out is aloud!! Need to clarify first with a scruiteneer!

wardy18

Its the day i have been waiting for over a year now, finally have the figures from Mass:

224 BHP

203 FTLB

Chris said it has a very impressive torque curve from 3000 to 6500 rpm and starts to drop of at 7000rpm.

Very happy with that, that was the most that could be got from the 2283cc 8v whilst still retaining a level of reliability.

Money well spent

tri_longer

Impressive numbers Simon, can't wait to see some footage of the beast in action.

wardy18

Thanks Chris, i have a mount i made for my little digi camcorder but im very dubious of fitting it, always thought they were bad luck to have in the car so never wanted to risk it :blush:

wardy18

Oh and i have now managed to cut my boot lids weight down to 9.8kg, further to the pic above i have not cut alomst 100 holes from 8mm to 15mm diameter, dont really wanna cut anymore in it as it bolts as standard and uses just 1 std boot strut to hold it up so it didnt want it to start flexing when open on the strut. Will get a pic up once ive touched up the paint work!!

Really not sure whether to do the same to my doors or not, they are pretty flimsy already so dont want to over do it to the point they become a pain opening and closing.

welshpug

very nice figures for an 8v :D looking forward to seeing the curves if you can post them up.

wardy18

Thank you, yeh im going to get the power curves emailed over so ill post them up as soon as i get them

welshpug

who needs 16v eh :lol:

wardy18

I keep thinking what it would have made with a sorted 16v head on......