• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

wardy18

[race_prep] Guernsey Hillclimb 205 Build

wardy18

Oh right ok so you would need to get some sort of fuel rail to hold the injectors pointing down the trumpets!

Miles

Yes, it can be done a few different ways depending on your car and if you use a Air Filter, I know from experance the 8v do work well with this set up, the injectors get phased over by the ECU

welshpug

of what I remember on DrSarty's 16v engine his used a set in the standard position with a standard pug fuel rail, and the second set were in the bodies, one of colins manifolds and bike bodies btw, so a fair length tract compared to many.

Henry Yorke

Henry Yorke

Here is a set of stand off injectors on an E30 M3 though it is possible to craft them into an airbox like the pic below:

8_injector_airbox.jpg

wardy18

How would I work it running a 100mm ITG air filter?

And when you say they get phased over by the ECU does this mean any re-mapping or jus splice the second rail from the fuel feed to the main rail with a t-piece and back in with another t-piece before the pressure regulator?

wardy18

Just spoke to Mass and about the 8 injector set up and they said you find gains all through the power band but only marginal gains in the single figures and for someone who wants maximum possible power regardless of money and time its a way forward otherwise the value for money just isnt worth it, thats their opinion plus they said Cosworth originally started doing this many years ago and ended up reverting back to the 4 injector system. So it seems if you want every sinlge pony you can possibly get irrelevant of budget and time then yeh a way forward but otherwise not worth it.

I dont know what works involved in the system so i cant comment much just going on what others have said?

What is involved?? ie mount fuel rail and injectors, wiring into loom (do you just wire from 1st set of injectors so they fire at the same time as a pair per port) then do you add a t-piece into the fuel line before and after the first fuel rail to feed the second fail and does the ecu need to be told there is now 2 injectors per port?

Cameron

You'll have to wire them in separately and tell the ECU it has 8 injectors.

rallyeash

im running an 8 injector setup on my 2088cc xu10 engine.

using 4 injectors in the jenvey bodies and 4 running in the standard postion retaining the standard gti6 fuel rail. i had a loom made for the whole car from scratch so i can't tell how hard it is to convert from 4-8.

running vectra v6 inners and outers, think there 200cc from memory. also there dirt cheap to pick up a cleaned set on ebay. i bought 2 sets of 6 so leaves me with a full set of spares too!!

they are a direct fit into the tb's and inlet and still fit the fuel rails.

Edited by rallyeash

wardy18

Something for in the future maybe if i ever send it back to Mass for a tune up and re-dyno.

They said that by fitting this new larger ID exhaust manifold will give me a noticeable difference in bhp and torque, just a shame they didnt tell me sooner before it was dyno'd so in actual fact when i recitfy the exhaust manifold situation it will be pushing out more than the 224.7bhp and 203ftlb!! The engine is still there so i could send a new mani to them but i just cant afford another dyno session to find out the true new figures!! :angry:

wardy18

Maniflow Exhaust Manifold to my spec (39mm primaries, 2 1/2" exit pipe with a 2 1/2" flexi pipe) quoted at £295 ExVAT.

Forgot to ask if this was 4:1 or 4:2:1, i currently run 4:1 but really dont know if there are advantages of either, anyone?!

Cameron

4-1 for top end power, 4-2-1 for more midrange, that's the general rule.

rallyeash

be carefull, as maniflow do two types of manifold. they do a works one and another one (can't remember what its called) the latter isnt much improvement over standard and affects mid range torque

TT205

I have a Maniflow 4:2:1 which I bought 3 or 4 years ago, I'm pretty sure it cost more than £300 back then

wardy18

4-1 for top end power, 4-2-1 for more midrange, that's the general rule.

Ohh the choices, i have 203ftlb at midrange already so might stick to the 4-1 design, my little driveshafts have enough to deal with!!

be carefull, as maniflow do two types of manifold. they do a works one and another one (can't remember what its called) the latter isnt much improvement over standard and affects mid range torque

Thanks for the heads up, ill enquire when i put an order in!!

wardy18

I have a Maniflow 4:2:1 which I bought 3 or 4 years ago, I'm pretty sure it cost more than £300 back then

It would have, the price i gave is excluding vat because im in the Channel Islands, otherwise would have been £346.62.

Are you still using it??

Edited by wardy18

TT205

It would have, the price i gave is excluding vat because im in the Channel Islands, otherwise would have been £346.62.

Are you still using it??

Yes very happy with it, thinking about it without checking I'm not sure whether it is 4:1 or 4:2:1 afterall

wardy18

Does it matter that my new radiator doesnt have the small hose fitting which returns coolant to the header tank through the long 8-10mm ID hose?

Surely once the system is full it will just circulate the fuild around the system, ie Thermostat closed - water pump will pump water around the head and Thermostat open - water pump will circulate water through the rad then through the head?

Cameron

I think that little hose is there to let air escape from the rad, so not having it there may make bleeding a bit of a pain.

wardy18

Hmm well if thats the only reason its there im sure i can deal with it, just didnt want it to affect the circulation at all!!

oli-pug

My first comment on your build i think... looks really good i must say, nice result on the engine too! :)

With regards to driveshafts, as you'll be doing standing starts, have you not thought about getting uprated items? I'm having some made up by Dave Mac Props at the moment after snapping a GKN recon 309 gti shaft at santa pod a few weeks back.

They make them all in house, the shaft itself is lifetime guaranteed (i.e unbreakable!) and they'll fit stronger cv's from another compatible peugeot if you like for no extra charge over a 309 cv joint. Prices are quite reasonable when compared with a new standard shaft.

wardy18

My first comment on your build i think... looks really good i must say, nice result on the engine too! :)

With regards to driveshafts, as you'll be doing standing starts, have you not thought about getting uprated items? I'm having some made up by Dave Mac Props at the moment after snapping a GKN recon 309 gti shaft at santa pod a few weeks back.

They make them all in house, the shaft itself is lifetime guaranteed (i.e unbreakable!) and they'll fit stronger cv's from another compatible peugeot if you like for no extra charge over a 309 cv joint. Prices are quite reasonable when compared with a new standard shaft.

I have thought about getting uprated shafts but i was going to see how the 309 ones hold up first, i was never sure who could make them but atleast i now know they can be made so thanks very much for mentioning it.

Were you on slicks at Santa Pod? A standing start at Santa Pod will (if on slicks) be much more fierce than my standing starts due to the glue they lay down on the strip (which smells great btw :blink: ) which makes the surface extra tacky

It'll be a trial an error for me i think, however i have always thought that you need some sort of weak point, or should i say "weaker" point, otherwise with uprated shafts the weakest point then gets shifted to say the diff cogs or the gearbox internals which are much more expensive and hassle than a set of 309 shafts!!

Stolton

Really good engine build mate, well impressed !!

wardy18

Engine has now landed at the workshop, FINALLY, and it looks fantastic, ill get some pics posted up later as i am heading there tonight to make the brackets for my alternator and get that fitted and pre fit my engine mounts.

I must say im not looking forward to the task of wiring in the ITB's loom from Sandy and the rest of the cars loom, am getting very overwhelmed with the whole thing tbh!! Plus i have to route all the Water hoses for the new Cosworth Rad and buy new Oil hoses for the oil catch tank, all of which i cannot do until the engine is in so i can work out lengths required. Plus i need to make my exhaust system and i found yesterday that no one on the islands can supply 2 1/2" exhaust pipe so i need to order it from the mainland AND no one on the island can bend 2 1/2" pipe so i need to buy pre bent peices from the mainland to then be welded together to get over the rear beam.

ALL OF WHICH TO DO IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE MY FIRST HILLCLIMB

I feel a breakdown coming on :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: