• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

taylorspug

[project] Silver 1.9 Gti 16v Project (now Gti-6)

Paintguy

I'm fast running out of superlatives!

How about: It looks smashing :P:)

taylorspug
I'm fast running out of superlatives!

How about: It looks smashing :P:D

LMAO! :DB):P

Best i get the damn thing finished then eh?! :D:P:)

A18_RYU

cracky job matey! well done i say!

if only i cud pull my finger out the pie and finish my car off!!!!

Alastairh

Well heres an original comment:

Looks good :P

Alastair

taylorspug

LOL, cheers lads!

cybernck
Aha, but i have a plan! Now i reckon if i chop it in half up its whole length, then weld the divider metal onto one half, then put the other half of the pipe back on and weld that to the other side

i've had the same idea as a backup option for when i need a downpipe and there isn't a divided one available :P.

taylorspug

I will get a few pictures up later and let you know how it goes...

taylorspug

Updated again! The exhaust is now ready to fit, re-angled the downpipe and ive welded on the broken middle hanger to the Scorpion exhaust, so if i can get some U clamps tomorrow, it will go on!

Couldnt be arsed with my downpipe idea, wasnt in the greatest mood today, and just did one of those 'b*llocks to it, just get it done' things, so i will sort all of that at a later date when i actually have a car with wheels instead of axle stands. *Think* ive figured out 99% of the wiring now aswell, so firing the motor up isnt too far away...

A18_RYU

hey dan, at the rates of things, i reckon we both be firing up our cars roughly around the same time!!!!!

credowan

Alright Dan, thinks are coming on great by the looks of it any new updates

Gary

taylorspug

Yeah a bit more has been done now, exhaust is on, and i may try and fire the motor up later today as the wiring is done, will get a load of pics up later this evening!

credowan

Good wrk mate looking forward to the new pics bet u cant wait to fire it up all the hard wrk will be well worth it

Gary

Kriss

wow, thats some seriouse amount of work you've done there. What have you got left to finish it off now??

taylorspug

Well as of 5 mins ago*, tidy up the wiring, then start on the bodywork...!

*Because 5 minutes ago i FINALLY started my car! Went first time, nothing leaked, broke or sounded dodgy. Held good oil pressure, smoked for a couple of mins while the stem seals bedded back in, but stopped after that. SO PLEASED! And i did the whole lot on my lonesome, hell yeah!

Right im off to tidy some wiring, pics will follow. :D

Edited by taylorspug

Leet205

Nice one mate, must be well chuffed :D

DrSeuss

its a great feeling when it sparks into life. I was jumping around like a mad man.

pug_ham

Nice one Dan, all the tidying will sease once you've taken it for a drive though.

its a great feeling when it sparks into life. I was jumping around like a mad man.
I think I didn't stop smiling for a week & rang people (well Wurzel) straight away to tell them it had worked & held my phone next to the air filter with it idling for them to hear the induction noise & blipped the throttle a few times.:D

Graham.

Ahl

Well done! :D

taylorspug

Updated pictures

Ok, the loom is now done, tidied it all up today. Basically routed it in 3 sections, which was ideal for the placement of everything and the length of the loom. The first section was the main engine management loom, which as you can see runs down the drivers side past the fuel filter. The other bit you can see is the wires for the oil pressure, alternator light and starter solenoid, ideal to put them here as it keep the loom well hidden.

The second section runs tight against the thermostat housing, and up across the bulkhead through a redundant water hose clip. This comprises of the oil temp wire, the water temp and switch, and the reverse light wire (which ive yet to wire in as the connector dropped off and was the wrong one anyway, due to the change from BE1 to BE3).

The third section comprises the constant live, AFM and CP sensor wire etc. This piece of loom was loooong, so ive run it up under the bulkhead lip, and then followed the light loom down the passenger side. The wires for the rev counter and switched live drop out of this loom behind the header tank to meet their connections down in the corner near the ignition amp. I tried to keep the cutting and shutting of the loom to a minimum to avoid problems, but also wanted the bay to look tidy, so the only wires ive shortened are for the AFM.

Also ive relocated the washer bottle to up in the scuttle panel just to give myself a bit more room. Im going to mount it in there, then have the filler set into the scuttle panel cover, so i can fill it up without removing the panel, will get pics tomorrow! Oh and i still need an air filter, as the other one didnt fit with the battery in...

Anyway its done, fired it up and she ran well still, so work starts on the body tomorrow. :P

Lol Graham, did exactly the same thing today with my best mate, phone in the air revving the car so he could hear! After all the work you have to do it, dont you?! I was so happy (and relieved) when it fired up trouble free. My old man was impressed aswell (hard to achieve), considering what ive turned it around from, esp the shoddy wiring.

Cheers for the comments guys! :D

Edited by taylorspug

ecksstore

Looking great

What do you think of the Scorpoin?

taylorspug

You werent kidding bout how loud it was were you?! :P

Its ok, little hard to tell currently as its up on stands and the car is still bare inside, so it sounds a bit weird (esp at higher revs), but seems to do the job, so im happy enough.

It was an excellent fit though, had to move the middle hanger back to clear the fuel tank, but apart fromt that it slotted straight on and away we went!

ecksstore

Yeah you wont exactly be stealth with it...

It is a really good fitting exhaust and as I said before it sounds nuts on the limiter.

Edp

Looks s*it hot!!

Are you putting original seats in or buckets?

taylorspug

Cheers Ed,

Got some full black leather Citroen XM seats going in the front, and im getting the rears retrimmed to match. Not the sportiest seats ever but they look comfy (good for all the miles i do), and they were bloody cheap (also good for me!). Also will have rear headrests courtesy of the rear XM seats.

Apart from that ive got a black carpet/console, and black headlining, along with the rest of the P2 bits, so bringing the interior up to date. Gonna carpet the boot aswell to cut out some of the noise, along with stonechipping the inside of the car (tomorrows job)