• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

309 Type R

welshpug

if theyre straight they wont vibrate, there arent any fwd shafts I know of that will be balanced.

are the honda shafts hollow?

rallyeash

Don't know, they are still wrapped up!

Ams

An appropriate number plate for a great project...HERO! B)

imagejpg5_zps1dafe64d.jpg

calvinhorse

Well done ash! I look forward to seeing progress every day!

• Like 1

Malc

Fantastic build this, full respect to not going down the usual GTI6 or 406 turbo route, this will be a cracking sleeper. A lot of thought has gone into this obviously!!

What's the plans for the interior, surely must be upgrading the front seats? And the steering wheel at least?

rallyeash

Yeah I'd like to retro fit a GTI interior but that'll wait till she is on the road! I've got a GTI steering wheel that I'll fit and get rid of the horrible standard one.

• Like 1

speno

Its a shame you didn't put as much effort into sorting out paying me for the struts I wasted 2 hours driving up Doncaster and taking/swapping them off my other car for you

cheers for that ....

• Like 1

speno

I may add I hope you just forgot ^^

Good luck with the build chap

johniban

good effort on this one! people take this piss out of my abilty to weld ect but im not bovered at all, ive not been taught to weld or fabricate anything but i try my best and it works for me, loving this :)

speno

good effort on this one! people take this piss out of my abilty to weld ect but im not bovered at all, ive not been taught to weld or fabricate anything but i try my best and it works for me, loving this :)

its not the ability to weld , its how good you are with tiger seal :D:P

speno

Tiger seal hides all the pigeon s*it welding

hcmini1989

seam sealer is thicker and cheaper for that ^^^

• Like 1

kyepan

Firstly well done on choosing such an interesting project

secondly well done on choosing bodies, will sound epic

it's also a sleeper, second the wheel trims, that or some c5 steelies... with trims. their as light if not lighter than any other wheel, and they fit over the brakes you want!

Keep it up, great progress, nice to see a doer getting on fast and not mincing about for years!

Cheers

J

wicked

Nice project, but I never get what's the fun of having a 'sleeper'?

Does surprising a fast car with sleeper at the traffic light give so much fun that it's worth to drive the rest of the week in a basic looking granny car with steelies, iso having a nice car rest with aly wheels, proper body trim etc?

Keep these wheels, fit a gti bumper / rear spoiler and forget the sleeper thing...

kyepan

Sleeper - is the reaction you from others get when asking it to make it's special noise and do what you built it to do.

Sleeper - is because you built it and it's unique, not some muscular BMW designed in stuttgart.

Both 205's and 309's are rare enough (especially) now to be driven in their own right as classics, if it's tidy, really tidy, it will turn heads on that alone.

Sleepers aren't for everyone though, especially if appearances are important.

:)

jackherer

Does surprising a fast car with sleeper at the traffic light give so much fun

That's OK but surprising unsuspecting passengers is better :lol:

• Like 1

harryskid

Having a sleeper might a bit suprising especially to the unmarked Police beemer behind you! :lol: :lol:

wicked

Still don't get it...

So driving a base model 205 with 200bhp is more fun than having a 200bhp GTI, because it does something to other people (passenger, beemer drivers, police, etc..)???

I rather have the 200bhp GTI, build to my liking, because it does something to me, ignoring what it does to others.... (and could still be a unique car, suprising to modern fast cars)

But nevermind, we're going off topic...

• Like 2

allye

Mr. Wicked, you must care what others think too much. i used to drive a 170bhp XS. Absolutely hilarious. You could even consider my Goodwood a sleeper.

kyepan

Still don't get it...

Sleepers aren't for everyone, understanding why someone would want something deceptive is the hard bit to get your head around.

• Like 1

wicked

I guess you're right ... ;)

You don't have to convince me, but I would never exchange my leggera's for (imho ugly) steelies, just for others opinions or to surprise them.

BTW; beemers are designed in Munich ;)

Edited by wicked

Biggles

Having a sleeper might a bit suprising especially to the unmarked Police beemer behind you! :lol: :lol:

Esp if you've not got round to telling the DVLA about the larger engine now fitted ... I got pulled by plod many years ago and his first comment was "It goes well for a 950"... Needless to say the engine was actually a bit bigger than that !