• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rallyeash

309 Type R

kyepan

mk 2 vr6... wub. wub wibble

Huh?!

as in liking Mk2 VR6s very much.

Project looks great, keep it going

rallyeash

Buy the Golf if you like!

johniban

SOOOOOOOOO much room in that bay!

DC2T

Looks good mate, ive managed to get a run about sorted out so will be starting to progress my 205 with integra type r engine. Glad to see how youve tackled the mounts as its almost identical to how i planned to do it (b series are the other way round). My only difference is ill be machining mounts as i bave no access to welding equipment

Will be keeping my eye on this build

roland rat

Any progress Ash?

Pugleyrich

How is this getting on? Is it finished yet?

rallyeash
No! it pretty much has been abandoned since the spring, sat outside without running gear, on blocks under a car cover.. Just been too busy with the new business.

However today i've made some progress..

A friend had all the front end parts i needed, being wishbones, hubs, brakes and suspension so I could get the thing back onto its wheels so I could then move it back to the workshop and be able to work on it. I also picked up a 205 GTI interior which was in good condition so that went in today aswell.

So now the front has Bilstein shocks on Eibach springs, 1.9 hubs, GTI-6 brakes, and all complete.

It also got a wash!

309_zpsuoebmr4t.jpg

GTI Interior going in

seats_zpsbmejpjgn.jpg

350mm OMP wheel I had spare went in

steering%20wheels_zpseudrmznf.jpg

Next up is to get it to the back of the workshop where I can get it up on stands and finish the conversion.

Also shortly about to order a set of XXR wheels, 15x8,25". Probably run 215 45R15 tyres.

Edited by rallyeash
  • Like 1

rallyeash
These Beauties...

xxr_zpsmudjytt6.jpg

Im thinking about buying 4, but running two on the front of the 205 and two on the front of the 309. Then run the TD 1.2's on the rear of both cars...

• Like 1

roland rat

Fantastic work Ash,really with I had the fabrication skills like yours to make something unique like this.

rallyeash
Well as ive finished all the work in the engine bay I took the engine out for the last time (I hope) and painted it graphite grey to match the lower trim of the car.

photo%202%20-%20Copy%2016_zpsdd2yi6jm.jp

Then painted the engine block

photo%201%20-%20Copy%2016_zpscds4idv2.jp

I need to order my BBM mounts then I can refit the engine properly, the mounts ive been using so far are just standard jobbies and arent going to cut the mustard. Also on the drivers higher engine mount i wont be running the chocks so needs to be an uprated mount.

roland rat

Where are the updates!!!!!!

rallyeash

Here...

Got the mounts powder coated, all bits sprayed up etc. Now fitted for the final time

Drops in on Baker BM group n mounts...

image_zps54qnhajc.jpeg

Edited by rallyeash
  • Like 1

samthornton1990

Just read this from start to finish! Wow, I am going to be onto my mate with a rice rocket, needs to stop messing around with it and bang the engine in one of these!