• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dobboy

[Engine_Work] Dobboy's Clean-Up / Gti6

dobboy

Gave the car a coat of wax and a gloss protector.

T-cut'd the red trims, wax'd them, and gave them a gloss protector, and then started to empty bags and boxes.

Beginning to clear the boxes and bags i have....

Thank feck!

post-23841-0-17019300-1404578420_thumb.jpg

Edited by dobboy

dobboy

Not entirely convinced about the skirts..... i like them at some angles and not others...... and i like the look of it without them.

post-23841-0-47000700-1404578597_thumb.jpg

Malc

Need to see these skirts in the flesh, really not convinced as you have kept the rest of the interior/exterior so original (won't mention the engine, suspension and brake upgrades) I do like the wooden stabilisers though, great for keeping the missus from kerbing the wheels.

Mac Crash

Fast work, sweet looking motor, don't fit the skirts, they look gash.... and you will regret it, nice work, Jack

dobboy

stabilisers lol....

Aye, i don't hang about! (had two full days at it right enough).

Treating the Mrs to a curry tonight to celebrate the re-arrival of my GT-fookin- I !

dale205mills

If you had the front and rear bumpers and iron board spoiler that go's with the skirts then it would look 80's styling and it would be one of those things like mar mite, you like or you don't, me with a nice looking original 205 like you got there, I would leave the skirts off, I had a rear bumper that went with those skirts meny moons a go and I cut it in half and threw it out as I couldn't even give the thing away and it was taken up space.

dobboy

Seats should be here tomorrow.

Still a few little jobs to do, but it's coming together fast.

Not enough hours in the day!

Fitted carpet and centre console last night (had previously power washed it and hit it with a can of fabric spray/paint, it didn't need the spray which is just as well as you don't get a lot in the can......the power wash brought the carpet up excellent.

post-23841-0-95960800-1404797010_thumb.jpg

dobboy

Fitted my refurb'd wheels.....

Gonna have to get the fronts rebalanced as the weights foul the big brakes. I'll take them back to the place who done the wheels as the local tyre fitters are a bit rough.

post-23841-0-53722400-1404797478_thumb.jpg

GLPoomobile

It's looking really good. I'm well jealous!

2052NV

No skirts!!

dobboy

No skirts!!

Not for the time being......

Still undecided but probably won't fit them.

But that could change.

dobboy

Received my seats and i'm very happy with them. (will post before and after pics at some stage)

So, got 95% of the interior fitted now. Only a few plastics and half a dozen screws to fit and also the back bumper red stip still to do.

Also adjusted my bonnet and it's sitting correctly now.

Exhaust is getting modified next weekend, it needs an inch chopped off it to give a bit of clearance around the bottom of valance.

Had a go in the car around the industrial estate...... holy sh1T!!!, i did not expect it to feel anything like this. The longest street in the estate allows me to go full whammy 1st and 2nd and stop. It's like a bullet out a gun, and i think i can feel the Quaife working, even in a straightish line. The brakes even though brand new are working great and stop it great.

Took the GF's sister out and done the above and i could see her searching for breaks in the foot well! lol

Can't wait to get this out on the road and go looking for boy racers to annoy.

All those winter nights toiling on my jack are swiftly becoming a distant memory.

I think it's looking pretty hot too into the bargain if i do say so myself!

post-23841-0-78950900-1405157056_thumb.jpg

jackherer

That looks great, put the skirts on if you must, it's your car after all. Just stop posting pics if you do because we don't want to see it :P;)

dobboy

Jack, the skirts are now wrapped up in the realms of my garage.

As much as I quite like them I like the car without them, and not particularly keen on drilling freshly painted sills or bonding them to lower back quarters, then changing my mind.

Pity as they've probably cost me a small fortune to have renovated and painted etc......

Bogsye

Indeed, that is looking hot. Good effort!

dobboy

Decided to open these up for a look at them.

Not 100% sure i'll fit them.

post-23841-0-18086300-1405332222_thumb.jpg

dobboy

Thanks Bogseye..... another shift at it and it'll be 100% done, and hopefully shouldn't need any work for a while. (and i can get back on with my life!)

dobboy

Been away for a few days but had a shift at it today and the car interior fully fitted, and now only have exhaust to get an inch chopped off (and possibly reangle somewhere near the back), and extend my front window washer pipe, and i'm done.

I fitted the rear arch felts with tacky spray glue, the OS could have went on better but you only get one chance with this this type of material and glue, and the washer bottle covers it a bit..... but they look alright.

I'm gonna look into getting some kind of sound insulation for underneather the boot floor cover.

post-23841-0-05656000-1405797693_thumb.jpg

dobboy

I trial fitted my mudflaps but have decided not to fit them as i think the back looks too busy.

My back dealer sticker is a bit shabby, but it ties in with the original receipt for the car, service book, and my number plates so i'm going to keep it for the time being and maybe try get a bit of black vinyl to cover it from the outside.

post-23841-0-78605100-1405798215_thumb.jpg

dobboy

It past MOT first time and is now road legal, and has brought a smile to my face all day.

woooooo hooooo!

• Like 1

dobboy

I've managed to clock up over 300 miles over the past few days.

Bearing mind i'm used to driving a family car or a van, i did not expect this thing to move as quick as this, or feel as comfortable/nice on the road. I know i'm not pushing it to anywhere near it's limits but sometimes i'm parking up physically shaking.

The spec of the car is as follows with nearly everything renewed where possible, or blasted and PC'd/painted in VHT etc

• GTI6 Engine (mileage unknown), c/w pipercross rubber neck cone, refurbished/matched (ASNU) injectors, new belts, pump, clutch etc.
  • Vibratechnics bottom mount, new OE Engine and Gbox mount.
  • GTI6 de-cat downpipe into 2.25" stainless with a straight through cherry bomb thing, then into a Ph2 back box.
  • Quaife ATB diff on a 1.9GTI Gbox
  • 205 Bilstein B4's to front with BBM GrpN top mounts and Eibach -30mm springs
  • Refurbished rear beam with GrpA flexible joints, new OE sandwiches, Xsara B4's, and Xsara calipers.
  • 205 braided line brake kit
  • 28mm? MC with new brakelines done in heatshrink and ran through scuttle area. Single pipe to rear with fluid change.
  • GTI180 front calipers on Brembo Max discs and Brembo Pads.
  • Full external including all plastics and boot floor, sills and under bonnet paint job, with bay previously cleaned (and painted where necessary) during engine conversion.
  • Philips "X-treme Vision" all round.
  • 5 refurbished SL's on new Toyo T1R's.
  • Interior stripped, powerwashed/cleaned and treated with Auto Finesse revive.
  • Front seats professionally treated and restored.

I've yet to tally up the £cost but know that i have spent over 300hrs doing it from late August last year. I've never attempted anything like this, and I could never have done it without the help on the forum i've had (especially from Welshpug), and off the forum from Malc, so a big thank you to both of you and thanks anyone else who's assisted me.

(Freinds and family think i'm off my rocker, but this is what i done with my playtime whilst they were lying on the settee watching the tele.)

I'm a very happy chappy indeed.

post-23841-0-44938700-1406638508_thumb.jpg

Looks very nice Jack, well done, it's worth all the effort in the end isn't it! Was it a 406 brake master cylinder you fitted? I'm interested to know how you find the brake balance with that setup. I think I remember reading you removed the compensator?