• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Tom Fenton

I think that’s right though. From there it goes into the sill, and then out through the sill drain holes.

AlexRS2782

New Kenwood head unit plus front & rear speakers fitted into the factory slots to replace the original units i pulled out ages ago that were falling apart.  All in nicely with no broken trims or plastics, etc, which was a nice surprise.

Only one downside today - wondered why the radio reception was a bit iffy after fitting (more so than you'd expect given the age of the connections).  Looks like there's a very tiny amount of water ingress coming in via the aerial base and dripping out of the interior light unit on hard right cornering.  Need to get that sorted, along with a new contact for the aerial base wiring, etc, next i guess. 

Seeing as the non opening rears appear to have cured the water ingress i had behind the passenger seat it was only a matter of time before a new area for the water to get in appeared :lol:

Also about to spend some time scouring the Peugeot Museum shop to see if i can locate the exterior window scraper seals for the front doors.

jackherer
37 minutes ago, AlexRS2782 said:

Only one downside today - wondered why the radio reception was a bit iffy after fitting (more so than you'd expect given the age of the connections).  Looks like there's a very tiny amount of water ingress coming in via the aerial base and dripping out of the interior light unit on hard right cornering.  Need to get that sorted, along with a new contact for the aerial base wiring, etc, next i guess. 

Water leaking there on a phase two can start a fire if it has the remote locking module installed.

AlexRS2782

Yeah, i was looking at that thread a couple of weeks back thinking i should probably have a nosey at mine when i get a chance.  Noticing the bit of water there today is definitely the spur to drop the unit out and have a closer look.

Must have only just started to go in the recent cold spell as it's been fine all the previous years even in heavy rain (normally the water was coming in via other areas :lol: ) 

AlexRS2782

Took mine for its first drive of the new year today - sadly broke down :(  After a few miles of running it started hesitating a bit on the M3 under acceleration but then cleared.  Unfortunately a few minutes later it cut out completely.  Cursed a few times, pulled over, tried a restart and realised nothing was happening electric wise.  Decided my best guess was the alternator had probably died rather quickly and without warning.  Spent the next 30 minutes shaking my head at a few drivers spending more time slowing down / gawping at me, whilst i was leaning on a metal barrier at the side of the road, rather than paying attention / avoiding the rather obviously broken down car :angry:  

Local AA chap arrived 30 mins after i called it in, smiled / joked about it being a nice change to attend a classic rather than the modern stuff.  Had a chat about his old Mk2 Golf GTI, that he had in the '90's, and said it was most likely the alternator was dead / sticking badly.  Hooked up a jump pack, whacked the alternator a few times and joy, the car was alive again.  Got a bit of charge back into the battery and followed me the 3 miles home where it then died again just as i finished parking it up :lol: 

Bloody cars - all good fun though.  Just another thing to add to the list of things to sort :lol: 

• Like 1

barneys66

Had to push two cars out of the way to extract the 205, one of which was @MrG 's new Caterham; a hardcore replacement for his previous beauty that was written off by a blind driver who decided to pull out into his oncoming path.  Thankfully @MrG 's reactions pulled a hard left to avoid the eurobox coming over the top of his car and removing his shoulders..

49474249221_58b7412249_b.jpg

49474249111_e8a85b6eea_b.jpg

49474470287_1700dc1ea7_b.jpg

Doc 205

Fixed my hazard lights and fitted a rear seatbelt. Almost ready for an MOT!

chris 417 mi

Retaxed her :D

7E24698C-2017-4537-A1CF-2F9068532006.thumb.jpeg.aecbc123d736e1a589c0605f11a2ccd8.jpeg

Cdrom

Treated mine to a good scrub, polish and wax!IMG_20200301_112840.thumb.jpg.0d537b7786fb85f933a373b927a077ff.jpg

Tom Fenton

Loughborough CC Morning Mist road rally tonight.

F8BE3306-1A28-4485-82F4-2B67F752FC51.jpeg

• Like 1

boldy205

Made a start with the sachshift fitting, ended up with the sub frame off and exhaust manifold out as I decided to get it ceramic coated as things look like they have got quite warm down there. Found out the manifold is cracked and Zircotec want 5 weeks to coat it! Doh!

Still enjoyed a day in the garage!

• Sad 1

jackherer
1 hour ago, boldy205 said:

Made a start with the sachshift fitting,

Have you cut the hole in the bulkhead yet? For the last two Satchshifts I fitted I cut the hole with a 45mm sheet metal punch (I already had it for doing my ITB filter backplate) and it did an amazingly good job, it made a perfectly circular hole despite the compound curves in the bulkhead. Something like this - https://www.toolbank.com/0/p/QMA45M

Tom Fenton

I used a holesaw when I did mine, it worked ok.

Alan_M

Went to Peugeot to buy parts for two beam rebuilds, one each for my white and blue 205. Unfortunately, my list got quickly knocked down to size by the words echoed by the parts man 'No longer available mate'............bugger.

Main arm seals and seal rings are still available, but not a lot else :(

boldy205
15 hours ago, jackherer said:

Have you cut the hole in the bulkhead yet? For the last two Satchshifts I fitted I cut the hole with a 45mm sheet metal punch (I already had it for doing my ITB filter backplate) and it did an amazingly good job, it made a perfectly circular hole despite the compound curves in the bulkhead. Something like this - https://www.toolbank.com/0/p/QMA45M

Not yet, my plan was to get on it with a hole saw as its something I already have. 

Regarding that hole, did u guys remove the radio housing? 

I see there is a template on Colin's website now.

jackherer

No, I actually have a radio in mine. It's a mechless media player that is only about 100mm deep.

I definitely recommend a hole punch, it makes it so easy to do and the resulting hole looked like it had been made by Peugeot when the panel was stamped out!

jackherer

7215C433-C53E-4B8D-87F8-C9E4DF771B5B.thumb.jpeg.3b029899a122853da9664765f3dc5600.jpeg

The part with a slot cut into it is the trim from a base model without a centre console.

boldy205

Thanks for that pic. Good to know I can leave the mid part if the dash in. Not fussed about having a radio really.

calvinhorse
21 hours ago, Alan_M said:

Went to Peugeot to buy parts for two beam rebuilds, one each for my white and blue 205. Unfortunately, my list got quickly knocked down to size by the words echoed by the parts man 'No longer available mate'............bugger.

Main arm seals and seal rings are still available, but not a lot else :(

Have you tried ordering the same parts under 306 part numbers? There was a kit you could buy from pug that also saved a few quid 

Alan_M
14 hours ago, calvinhorse said:

Have you tried ordering the same parts under 306 part numbers? There was a kit you could buy from pug that also saved a few quid 

No, as I managed to source a couple of kits with the seals/cups and rings in from Neat Autos, with the correct number of needles too. Thankfully, I found Pug part bags left from rebuilding my old 306 beam several years ago so OK for the smaller stuff now.

• Like 1

Ozymandis

My drivers window now goes up and down!

P1030484.JPG

MrStock

Where did you get the new one?

Ozymandis
14 hours ago, MrStock said:

Where did you get the new one?

I got the glass channels from Farmer on here, he got me some from germany and some from Greece via the PSA parts distribution network.

The regulators i got from Mick`s Garage in Ireland via their fleabay ads.

MrStock

Could you give me a link please?

Ozymandis
6 minutes ago, MrStock said:

Could you give me a link please?

https://www.micksgarage.com/home

i just looked and 205 isnt offered as a model in the Peugeot category, they list them on fleabay, search for 205 window regulator, mine were surprisingly date marked 2019 and are italian aftermarket ones the brand escapes me sorry. possibly AR or even OR, something like that.

Farmers a member on here so is easy to search out on this site, and a very helpful bloke.

Edited by Ozymandis