• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Matt180

[project] 205 Gti 180 Track Car

welshpug

310mm :)

44671_521067711250369_811826320_n.jpg

Sandy

The outside of the Caliper has been machined, and the inside of the wheel. Very tricky and not something Colin would do on a customer's car either I would say.

• Like 1

allanallen

Anythings possible, 305x28mm Alcons under 306 cyclones

photo_zps3af1fc4a.jpg

photo_zps6300dc0d.jpg

• Like 1

Matt180

My AP's are lost behind the 16's, helps a lot with cooling and makes cleaning far easier :D There's a good inch between caliper face. Plenty of room for bigger brakes but thanks to the massive Ford servo and 25mm M/C and dont need them.

C23186DE-1C15-4CA8-901D-FE0BDA2F2F36_zps

F9BE7C4A-B55F-4406-B821-A38EA4CC44C7_zps

Edited by Matt180

HERMAN

A up Matt I am just wondering were did you get your arch extensions from?

Matt180

Hi Neil. I got them off ebay, they are the ones pictured on a 200sx for £65 i think.

rallyeash

Matt, do you know how much clearance you have between the strut and rim?

I'm about to order these rims but in 15". ive been speaking to Revolution and after doing some measuring I believe I can get away with ET12 too..

Matt180

I'd say around 10-12mm so i think you'll be pushing it. They can machine them to any offset?? so i'd go for ET6 max

rallyeash

My problem is I want to keep the wheels from sticking out to a minimum hence a ET10 or 12. I don't have any arches!

My mounting face to the strut measures 130mmm and a 15x8 ET10 will be 123mm. However I can't calculate the tyre factor.

Yeah it'll be a 2 week lead time from ordering to have my chosen offset and fitment delivered.

Matt180

Yeah it'll also depend on tyre. Luckily the 225's on mine sit almost perfectly flush with the rim.

Tbh i think you are going to need arch mods. I had to cut a fair bit out of mine leaving only a small edge to screw the wider arch's on. Even though mine are 16's i have the option on 45 profile tyres. Its 50 minimum on 15's which is why i opted for 16's, the overall diameter isn't much bigger!

rallyeash

Toyo R888's are available in 225/45R15.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=toyo+r+888+225+45+15&_nkwusc=Toto+r888+225+45+15&_rdc=1

That's the size I'll go for, I may look at getting the arches professionally flared or something but at the minute it's getting the right offset that's important. The wheel coverage isn't a huge problem to overcome.

Good to hear 225 tyres sit flush with a 8' rim

Any idea on weight of yours?

Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to order a set of rims that are made to spec then them not fit or I have to run a spacer to clear the strut!

Cheers

allanallen

Ash, it may be worth having them done to say et6 as Matt suggests then if you've got room machine more off the mating face to get the required et??

It's what we do when ordering custom wheels, just make sure you tell them what you're doing as there's sometimes a few different castings depending on the planned et.

rallyeash

That's a pretty good idea. Never thought of that. Cheers!

Spiky

That's a pretty good idea. Never thought of that. Cheers!

id be carefull doing this, as it will thin the section that bolts to he hub,

get the measureing tape out and get the right ET,

personally i'd not want to machine anything off a rim, esp on the front where it's doing lot of work

the safe option is to run spacers if you not good with a measureing tape :)

thought again, i'd not like to run spacers

allanallen

id be carefull doing this, as it will thin the section that bolts to he hub,

s

That's why I told him to advise revoloution what he's planning! They wont machine the bolt faces as deep giving you a maching allowance. As I say it's a commonly used practice.

Spiky

ah ok, no probs :)

rallyeash

Yes. They keep blank wheels in stock and when I place my order of blah blah they get machined to my spec.

An ET 0 and and ET 35 blank will probably be too different blanks but of imagine if I was to choose an ET 6 or 10 then the original blank will be the same.

I have measured several times but I can only calculate the rim distance not the tyre if it sits wider than the rim.

Edited by rallyeash

welshpug

Indeed, though as Allan said, theres a specific depth/thickness for the bolt holes, usually with steel inserts if theyre a motorsport wheel

rallyeash

Warren @ Revolution is really helpful and I'll run through all this with him.

His words were we'd rather spend the time with the customer to get exactly what he wants and get the spec correct as having to run a 2mm spacer after purchasing custom wheels kind is defeats the object, or wanting to return a custom offset isn't good business.

Matt180

Yes the are a great help. Its actually just a call centre you are dealing with. The blanks are kept at a machine shop elsewhere. I went to collect mine as i wasn't too far away and watched them finish the wheels off. Again the chap there couldn't do enough for me, handed me a bag full of spare center caps and stickers.

Im not sure on the total weight but the rims are about 8.5 kg each.

Gman

Matt, what sort of DB levels do you have with your 2.5" exhaust?

Thanks

Matt180

recorded 116 at Donnington with the straight through system.

andy-mac

recorded 116 at Donnington with the straight through system.

was this on a unlimited noise day as have been on track before there and think they are 89db and are very strick with it

even though there are jumbo's going over head and can't here your self speak :D