• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Matt180

[project] 205 Gti 180 Track Car

randomspeedfreak

those wheels are looking nice!

dave205

Very smart lookong build, fairplay to you.

What engine mounts did you use?

Matts205gti-6

Great build very nice car, 12.7 good time what tyres you using down the quarter?

Matt180

Very smart lookong build, fairplay to you.

What engine mounts did you use?

They are standard fitting 205 grp A mounts. The modifications were done to the mount on the engine.

Matt180

Great build very nice car, 12.7 good time what tyres you using down the quarter?

Cheers, 195/45/15 Yoko AO48's. I am going again in a week (9th) as there was room for improvement :D

Matts205gti-6

I've got rollers on the 8 th so mIght well be popping up myself will see you there !!

• Like 1

oli-pug

Just seen the vid! Looks an animal :) could go low 12's easy id think if that vid was a 12.7!

Edited by oli-pug

Matts205gti-6

What's your 60ft time ?

Matt180

average was around 2.1s.

Matts205gti-6

I can get 1.9 60ft 12.4 so you should be able to get that I reckon

Matt180

Just seen the vid! Looks an animal :) could go low 12's easy id think if that vid was a 12.7!

Yeah i feel some low 12s coming up, got a few tricks up my sleeve :D Without big fat drag slicks to cut out the wheel spin i dont think ill ever break into the 11s. Not fussed as its not a drag car anyway!

Next trackday is donnigton at FCS, i have 180min open pit.

Matt180

I can get 1.9 60ft 12.4 so you should be able to get that I reckon

is that with 195/15s? i dont know how you get off the line that quick!, ive tried steady eddie, half throttle and full chat, nothing seems to work. Was a few showers on that day though.

Matts205gti-6

205 50 15 mines throttle bodies 300bhp 10k rev limiter just before cam get the tyres really hot big burn out I some times slip the clutch I've got a paddle clutch so it can take a bit of slipping lol

Matt180

epic rev limit :D Hopefully see you there then. Be good to get them side by side!

Tom Fenton

Without big fat drag slicks to cut out the wheel spin i dont think ill ever break into the 11s.

Don't forget the slicks will help you off the line but after the 1/8th you are pushing against them. I've run 11.12 @ 125mph in a Mini (a proper one) at Pod so this is from experience.

dave205

They are standard fitting 205 grp A mounts. The modifications were done to the mount on the engine.

Dont suppose you've got any pictures?

Cameron

Don't forget the slicks will help you off the line but after the 1/8th you are pushing against them. I've run 11.12 @ 125mph in a Mini (a proper one) at Pod so this is from experience.

Surely a good start i.e. traction is everything in drag racing though? Once you get up to speed any difference in rolling resistance is negligible when compared to drag, so I don't see how increased rolling resistance from slicks (if that's true) negates the benefit of a much better launch.

Matt180

Found some outside vids at Santa Pod, not my best runs which is a bummer

Liquid_106

Look to struggle a little with the gear changes (?) - time for the sequential upgrade? :P

Edited by Liquid_106

Matt180

It doesn't like 3rd. Cable shift has its downsides aswell as linkages :( I think it might be me trying to hard as its not everytime, added to fact i haven't drove the car in 6 months. Pockets aren't deep enough for a sequential, wish they were!

Josh_Quant

have you checked to see if you haven't ripped the rear engine mount out? lol

e8_pack

Any dyno plots? interested what a 300bhp supercharged EW looks like on a graph.

Tom Fenton

Three words, wrinkle wall slicks.

Surely a good start i.e. traction is everything in drag racing though? Once you get up to speed any difference in rolling resistance is negligible when compared to drag, so I don't see how increased rolling resistance from slicks (if that's true) negates the benefit of a much better launch.

stu8v

Finally got somewhere near with the T/B's :)

2012-08-03152024.jpg

welshpug

How long did you make it? Wondering if you calculated the length orjust hacked and hoped :lol: