• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Matt180

[project] 205 Gti 180 Track Car

Matt180

Yes, i have to run a chambered box for donington on normal days. All other tracks with just a static test i pass with the straight through system

Edited by Matt180

Andy205

Can't you make up some sort of track day additional silencer you could easily slip on as and when required.

Matt180

I have, its a few pages back. Its a large chambered box that sits length ways under the boot floor. Its not ideal though as it adds extra weight, im looking at fitting 2 mid boxes to keep the noise down but might have to make the tunnel bigger.

Edited by Matt180

taihau

Hi,

i am curious to know what the engine compression ratio will be on your forged engine ?

Thank you matt for the awesome build.

stef205

No Sandy Brown is building it. The Pistons are designed to give near standard compression which is high at 11.1

11:1 i believe

aldworth33

Where do you get that backbox from? Iv got stainless on mine but that one looks so much better

Ballyafb

Hello,

With the rear coilover conversion, did you have new stub pins machined (if so, do you have any pics or technical drawings).

My plan was to simply tap a thread into the existing stub pin, do you think that would be strong enough?

Thanks, dont want my suspension to fall apart!

taihau

Hi all,

With such high compression for boost and supercharger what is the octane rating you use on your engine ? Do you run race gas o nly matt ?

Which camshaft would be better than catcams 804 for supercharged EW10J4S ?

Any input matt?

And lastly do you have any drawing or measurement on your custom intake manifold please ?

Thank you

Matt180

aldworth33 -The Backbox is custom made using magnaflow and prodrive boxes.

Its for sale if you want it?

Ballyafb- Its a standard pin which I machined a hole down the centre. Then machined a boss to attach the coilover with a shaft on the inside to press in the stub pin. Then welded them together. Basically a shaft in a hole to give it more strength.

taihau- I always run the car on 99 ron. Catcam 804's are the limit on the vvt system, you could remove this and fit some custom ground cams?. No I don't have any drawings etc, only the pics

Edited by Matt180

Surpluscraig

Lovely Car, and an awsome build mate, i was wanting to read threw the entire thread, but work calls lol,

I'd just like to ask as i'm just beginning a 180 conversion whilst i strip my 205 down, did you use the standard mounts or did it require some fabrication?

welshpug

needs a custom top right engine mounting and the exhaust manifold/downpipe adapting, Colin Satchell can sort you the mounting bracket.

• Like 1

paulvancraen

Any progress on this Matt? :)

Reebmit

Great thread Matt, engine setup has really inspired me... looks a good route to go :)

Matt180

No progress this summer apart from stripping it to a bare shell. Decided to have a break and just collect the parts i want ready for building it back up.

The first thing on the list is a full weld in cage so my SD c44 challenge cage will be up for sale. Then ill determine the new seat, pedal box and steering wheel position. Ill also be "tubbing" the inner arches for more clearance for my wheels + welded outer wide arches as i don't like the bolt on fibreglass ones.

Here's a pic of how it sits now

D7F5F0A7-C693-41B0-806B-CF7DB48639BA_zps[/url]

New pedal box

80C74934-600A-4000-856B-2C50409D9A8D_zps[/url]

And the best toy i bought this summer :P

0EDF3A4D-D790-4B3E-8C26-49A557A86448_zps[/url]

Edited by Matt180
  • Like 1

rikky

that reg rings a bell, must have seen you somewhere, Buxton maybe?

looks awesome anyway!

Matt180

I go to bakewell a fair bit?...enjoy a sunday blast around Derbyshire. Not been buxton though.

Reebmit

Hi Matt if you get rid of the fibreglass arches can I have first refusal as I need some soon? Many thanks

S.Hedstroem

This build is really impressive. Great work! May I ask if you have any drawings of the super charger bracket?

Reebmit

Got some arches now Matt, same as yours off the Bay :)

Surpluscraig

Reebmit what did u search to find the arches I've been ststrugglingo find any?

Matt180

Its been over a year since I last updated this project thread. Work and family commitments have taken priority this year but things are progressing pretty well recently. My target is to finish the car late spring/summer 2016, iron out any issues and hopefully compete in time attack 2017!.

Big changes with the car. First off I cut out the inner arches and fabricated new tubs to allow clearance for 9J wheels at my desired ride height. I then moved onto the T45 roll cage, steering column, seat rails etc.

The one thing I wanted to do is reduce the amount of understeer. Along with the new 9J wheels, I have decided to widen the track and make it fully adjustable. I am currently working on a tubular subframe, wishbones and fabricated uprights. More pics to follow......

post-13842-0-06110400-1451508720_thumb.jpg

post-13842-0-85408400-1451510308_thumb.jpg

post-13842-0-17671300-1451510842_thumb.jpg

calvinhorse

Holy moly! :-O

Looks amazing!

• Like 1

Matt180
post-13842-0-15386600-1451515139_thumb.jpg

Matt180

Can't upload any more pics due to the size

welshpug