• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

Lowercase

really looking like a proper motor now Matt, well done, looks great.

MiniGibbo

Cheers guys much appreciated..!

MiniGibbo

The thing that goes between the car and headunit turnt up today so i stuck that in first thing.

I thought you only need one but the one i bought that connects to the car wouldnt connect to the headunit so i had to use both :wacko:

SDC15006.jpg

It all works which is a relif as ive never had the opitunity to see if the speakers work lol..

Only problem though as theres only a tiny hole for the headunit al lthe wires behind are stopping it going back all the way in so its sticking out a bit as it stands

SDC15007.jpg

Found this in the cd slot which made me laugh

SDC15005.jpg

Tell it came out a saxo :D

After that i gave the car a top up wash using the usual method and "born to be mild" shampoo.

Then i clayed the car again this time with an "aggresive" clay and tbh it still didnt pull a lot off, i guess the car dosent have that many contaniments on it.. or the tardis did a better job than i expected.

This is all that came off

SDC15009.jpg

Once the car was clayed i started polishing it, standard issue starting with the bonnet

SDC15010.jpg

SDC15011.jpg

After the bonnet though i came to the conclusion ive had enough of hand polishing so done away with that idea for today lol.

I washed the car again to remove any clay residue and called it a day.. Machine polisher will be bought and used asap.

MiniGibbo

Rolled over 140,000 today..

MiniGibbo

• Picked my wheels up this morning and got the tyres put back on first thing.
    Came out great imo..!
    SDC15019.jpg
    SDC15022.jpg
    SDC15023.jpg
    They were also treated with the standard issue coating of poor boys prior to fitting,
    SDC15015.jpg
    :D

GeorgeXS

They look great!

Keen on your yellow cars aren't you!

MiniGibbo

Cheers, Its a good thing ive got a blue van to balance it out i suppose ;)

muddatrucker

You buying some new decals?

James504

Looks great!

MiniGibbo

Cheers, i was going to buy all new stickers but have just bought the rear quaters to replace my missing ones as i think its a waste given the paints "not all that"..

erwin_meijer

Looks great!

welshpug

not a bad match! slightly too orange

MiniGibbo

Thanks, they look less orange in person tbh.

I'm made up with the way they turnt out..!!

MiniGibbo

Wanted to change the brake fluid this bank holiday but factors dont sell nipples for some reason and peugeot didnt have any in stock :(

My mate who does all the welding was busy too so i couldnt get him to fit the lambda bung on the manifold either so thats still not going on :(

I did however get chance to fit my rear quarter stickers that turnt up last week :D

SDC15024.jpg

SDC15026.jpg

SDC15025.jpg

As you can see in the photos, there are a few bubbles thatll come out with time.. all i have to say on fitting them is what a f***ing arsehole of a job :S

Well pleased with them, they really finish the outside..!

Just need to give it a polish now.

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Went for a drive this morning and got some photos along the way of the car in its natural habitat "the country lane"

SDC15028.jpg

SDC15032.jpg

SDC15033.jpg

SDC15034.jpg

SDC15035.jpg

SDC15036.jpg

SDC15037.jpg

I also noticed on closer inspection my steelies are 5.5j making them s1 wheels not s2 wheels like the guy i bought the car off told me, dosent really bother me but does explain why my rears dont rub on the outer arch :D

Lost a center cap one of the wheels too :(

MiniGibbo

Today started off with how the car has spent the majority of its life with me..

SDC15043.jpg

Todays jobs was tackling the brake fluid, started off by using some pulsgas on the nipples which imo is fantastic stuff, never used it before.

SDC15040.jpg

Also picked these up this morning from Peugeot,

SDC15041.jpg

They came out easy with the plusgas, didnt even need the nut extractors i bought incase.. used the eezibleed system to bleed it, also the first time ive tried that and thought its a good peice of kit..

this is how the old fluid looked, slightly discoloured but wanted to replace it as i have no idea how old or how many miles its done with this fluid.

SDC15044.jpg

All went very well apart from no fluid came out the rear drivers drum.. and i mean nothing even when i removed the entire nipple under pressure from the eezibleed nothign came out........ and i have no idea why :(

anyone..??

More bad news being, i noticed the passenger outer cv boot leaking. I only had two new shafts fitted less than six months ago and theyve only covered a maximum of 1000 miles since then. Im not sure if they have warrenty/garantee but another car of mine is being mot'd at the garage that fitted them monday and ill be asking them why its split and what they can do ie fitting me a new one for free as theyre still new and covered very little mileage.....

To end on a high not, a mate fitted my lamdba hole on my manifold for me so that can go on once its been painted..!!

SDC15045.jpg

dave richards

that hole dead centre at the top of the pipe gibbo?

MiniGibbo

When it's fitted it'll be about 3mm to the left.. The pilot drill but was bending all over the place in the pillar drill.

Shouldn't affect it though and I'm 99.9% sure it'll miss the bulkhead and linkages

Lowercase

your door pockets arrived yet mate?

MiniGibbo

Sorry forgot to pm you, yes theyre mint thanks..!

MiniGibbo

Cheers guys,

Ive just got back from FCS.. what a weekend :wacko:

The car made the near four hour trip from Bournemouth to the hotel without fault and with the ear plugs i wore made it in relative comfort :D

Got to the show bright and early and fully enjoyed the day.

My photos on the stand,

SAM_0029.jpg

SAM_0028.jpg

SAM_0027.jpg

SAM_0026.jpg

SAM_0025.jpg

And the showers we had as tedious as they where showed how well the 205 beads :A:

SAM_0030.jpg

I got the car rolling roaded as well, it only made 89.9hp which tbh i was a tad disapointed with but i soon realised that i never told the guy on the rollers not to go by the dials in my car as the redline on the dials is 6000 but the car obviously goes to 7250 with the engine.... or at least thats what im telling my self why its come out with such low power :D

it would also seem my valve stems have seen better days..<p>[url="

it would also seem my valve stems have seen better days..<p>[url="

MiniGibbo

Soon after that was my track slot, the car performed great on track imo for a "standard" car. very settled.

sadly no photos of that as they wanted hideous amounts of money lol..

Anyone get any photos or videos of mine feel free to post them in here :D

Lowercase

looks great, will hopefully catch you at a future show.

MiniGibbo

Cheers mate, defo..!

Few shots of me on track

minigibbo2-1.jpg

minigibbo1.jpg

minigibbo3.jpg

Miles

I'd take those figures with a pinch of salt, a guy on the 306 site had 185 bhp with a de-cat and induction which is rubbish and even he thought that, joys of mobile RR's