• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

MiniGibbo

Cheers, I meant "nut" lol

I'll get one from the local merchant I use, bollocks paying for one :D

welshpug

it wont be a standard M18 thread.

MiniGibbo

What do you mean..? I'll ask for a "standard" thread m18 nut.

I thaught they where fine, I remember a few years go buying a "bung" for a decat that was m18 and it had a funky fine thread that was really pitched..?

MiniGibbo

Dropped the car off to Miles at "pugracing" early this afternoon, should have it back by the weekend :D

MiniGibbo

Got the car back from Pugracing this afternoon, Miles has done a fantastic job with the car..!

He basicully ripped out all the wiring that had been modified and started again, Anything that was mounted badly was moved ie the ecu.

Ill let the pictures do the talking

SDC14966.jpg

SDC14967.jpg

SDC14968.jpg

SDC14969.jpg

SDC14971.jpg

And under the air box

SDC14972.jpg

And in the boot (the earth i fitted was smaller than the power supply as i had no way of fitting an end onto it so had to buy an off the shelf item)

SDC14970.jpg

He also fitted the XS dials for me and got them working 100%, its nice to finally have a working rev counter, 50mph in 5th is 4000rpm :fcuk:

Got the car home and cracked on with putting the dash back in, this is how far i got..

SDC14974.jpg

welshpug

feck that's a short box :wacko: I'm doing 88 @ 4k in my 1.9 :lol:

Tom Fenton

standard M18, lots on ebay :)

it wont be a standard M18 thread.

Come on then, make up your mind??

In actual fact you need an 18 x 1.5 nut. A half nut is ideal as a full nut is a bit too deep really.

MiniGibbo

Yeah I bite the bullet and bought a premade thing you just drill a hole and push in then weld.. Bastard cost me £4.50 :/

I've only got enough length on my lamda to fix it into one of the "2" tubes opposed to the "1" tube at the bottom but I don't think it'll make a difference..?

welshpug

Get one with a longer lead, a 306 one will do the trick.

MiniGibbo

Will it not be ok in the "2" part of the manifold then..? It'll still be reading two of the cylinders..?

allye

glad to see the XS dials made it in ^_^

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Yeah im well pleased they worked..!

Got cracking bright and early on the car this morning as i wanted to do a lot today, The dash went back together suprisingly easy considering ive never done it before and its been a while since i took it out lol.

Only two niggly bits now its back together, one is the glove box wont sit right/ shut properly its almost like when looking at at the bottom right corner isnt being held in place but i cant see anywhere where it fixes to anything so can move around causing the lid to be a pain to shut.....

And the other is the three buttons on the centre console, no matter where i poked the wires behind i cant get them to sit straight, i spent a good 15 minutes fiddling with them to get them to even work without jamming, not impressed. This is how they ended up

SDC14986.jpg

they all work freely and arent that noticable but its bugging me..

I cleared my tools and then gave the interior a good going over again as it got messy while its been worked on over the last couple of months, either way now its back together its looking great imo..!!

SDC14979.jpg

SDC14980.jpg

SDC14982.jpg

SDC14985.jpg

SDC14983.jpg

SDC14984.jpg

Anyone can give an interior a wipe over but its the little details most look over that bug me the most for example the little bit of dirt a cloth wont reach

SDC14977.jpg

Off came all the handles, vents etc etc that can collect dust for a good scrub

SDC14978.jpg

and an over look from the back

SDC14987.jpg

Thats the interior complete (well apart from fitting the radio and a new magic tree)

As it stands now

205 GTI 1600 cloth seats

Black carpet

Black interior plastics

Black mats (new)

XS dials

Battery relocated to the boot

All interior sound proofing removed

The interior is such a nicer place to not only look at but sit in with now its all been changed..!

Edited by MiniGibbo

Anthony

the glove box wont sit right/ shut properly its almost like when looking at at the bottom right corner isnt being held in place but i cant see anywhere where it fixes to anything so can move around causing the lid to be a pain to shut.....

Probably the retaining plastic clip thing that acts as part of the hinge and retains the lower part of the glovebox is broken - it's fairly common and usually results from people being heavy handed removing/refitting the glovebox.

Luckily, that piece is removable seperately and doesn't involve touching the rest of the dash.

MiniGibbo

Yeah "heavy handed" sounds about right :lol:

As i finished the interior this morning i thaught id not waste the rest of the day and jump straight onto the outside. I gave the paint work a good scrub on the weekend and clayed some of it so it was looking presentable already so i thaught id do the smaller touches today.

First up the bumpers,

Before

SDC14988.jpg

SDC14990.jpg

During

SDC14989.jpg

SDC14991.jpg

I didnt bother to tape the strips as theyre bollocks anyway.... (any i did get on them i cleaned off after with a touch of tardis)

The product used

SDC14992.jpg

After

SDC14993.jpg

SDC14994.jpg

SDC14995.jpg

They came out great imo, brought it all back up to colour and has hidden a lot of the "battle scars", would defiantly recomend..!

I also purchased some new plates from the main dealer, i asked for as plain as legally possable but they only do them with a border which is gay

SDC14999.jpg

SDC15000.jpg

All togther much smarter looking car :D

• Like 1

Anthony

Sort out the wonky passenger side headlight and it'll look even better ;)

But on a more serious note, it looks like it's coming along nicely and looks a hell of a lot better with the new interior and a bit of elbow grease - and hopefully should prove reliable without the shambolic wiring.

allye

you need need bumper inserts!

MiniGibbo

What bumper inserts are these mate..?

allye

What bumper inserts are these mate..?

They are all the same, so just find some on a base model in the scrappers and spray them up :D

MiniGibbo

You didnt read that right dude, i have no idea what parts you mean.. i thaught i had everything on my bumper :huh:

allye

Oh right! I mean the metal yellow inserts in the bumpers, look a bit bent and flakey :P

MiniGibbo

O yeah them things, new ones are discontinued i was reading a thread the other day on them..

Thaught about getting a new set in red and having them sprayed but tbh where would do you stop, i dont want to fully respray this car as its only a short term project.

The car is original and yeah a little rough but is solid and as i already said original.

Im going to correct the paint and fit a new sticker set but thats it for the outside other than the steelies which im picking up tomorrow.

allye

Just get some from a scrapper and spray them up at home? makes a big difference, they came in chrome/silver on white rallye's so I sprayed them white, I've got the silver one now int he XS which I'm going to buff up, I think it makes a huge difference.

MiniGibbo

Yeah that's not a bad idea actually, I might see if the bodyshop will blow a pair over for me for free when I get both inner wings changed.

He normally does bits like that for me as he's a lad..!

MiniGibbo

Cheers dude,

I knew something fell off the car last night driving home, i heard a ping like a stone but it didnt sound like a stone... behing dark i didnt bother to look.

SDC15002.jpg

Thatll be the culprit then, Trip to the motorfactors later

SDC15004.jpg

On a bummer not still though

SDC15003.jpg

Bleugh......... guess that would fail an mot so will need attention, might change both sides to be on the safe side, im guessing its an arsehole job to do..?

And on a lighter note to finish the update, got bored of the BMC CDA so i pulled this out the garage. Its off an old project

SDC14976.jpg

SDC14975.jpg

Also, i went to collect my wheels and the guy STILL hasnt had time to do them but hes promised me them for monday....

custard-rallye

Car is looking good I loved my s1 rallye the 1.3 is ace fun