• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

welshpug

missed a bit :P

• Like 1

allye

What happened to the wheels? And I can't believe you still haven't plasticared those bumpers!!!

MiniGibbo

LOL, i went over it three times to make sure i didnt miss :D

Wheels are at the powder coaters and the tyres are in the back of my van along with the exhaust, the outside hasnt been touched since i first bought it and washed it when i got home.. that was september.

Once the interior is finsihed ill start the outsdie. as it stands my list of "to do's" is

Find a sparky

refit the interior

buy some interior mats

finish the underneath

get the wheels done

Change the brake fluid and nipples

start the extierior

Do you guys know anywhere i can get a new set of rallye stickers, im sure i saw a thread on here about it but am not sure if im just conufsing my self as i looked at a set for a 106 rallye when i wanted one before i bought the 205..?

Anthony

Do you guys know anywhere i can get a new set of rallye stickers, im sure i saw a thread on here about it but am not sure if im just conufsing my self as i looked at a set for a 106 rallye when i wanted one before i bought the 205..?

Jonny Goodhand is your man, and it's all on his website - clicky

allye

Mr goodhand is a great bloke, I had them on my rallye for a entire week before I put it in a field, and I can report up till then they were fantastic :lol:

MiniGibbo

Aha lovely cheers Anthany..!

Is it wrong I quite like the idea of the t16's one :D

MiniGibbo

Continued with the car today starting off with taking the exhaust over to a mate to weld up

Welded,

SDC14886.jpg

And painted,

SDC14887.jpg

Then as that dried i contiuned with the boot floor,

Kurusted,

SDC14885.jpg

And wax oiled,

SDC14889.jpg

Still trying to find a sparky :S

Anthony

If you're planning on keeping the car, it would be worth dropping the fuel tank and tackling the rust that will be spreading behind it. Do make sure the tank is nearly empty before you attempt to remove it though, otherwise you will spill fuel everywhere when you tip it back to remove it.

Whilst you're there, if it's never been done, it would be worth replacing the front to rear brake lines as any original ones are normally very badly corroded where you can't see them above the tank.

MiniGibbo

Yeah i thaught about doing there but im unsure about dropping the tank having never taken one out before.. thatll be a job for another day lol.

The floor under the seats looks good with no obvious surface rust but im sure above the tank as you say will be a different story.

MiniGibbo

Put it all back togther today, first thing i noticed though was the bolts that hold the downpipe on where well past there best..

SDC14892.jpg

What i thaught would be a quick trip to the motorfactors ended up with a mad rush trying to find somewhere that had them in stock before they shut..

Got lucky at my third try with camberly auto factors and bought a pair

SDC14893.jpg

Once i got home the exhaust went on with ease or at least i thaught it did until i went around the back to put the box on its hangers to realise we welded the box wrong :wall: luckily we didnt actully weld the box on just the smaller end of the downsizer so i could fiddle with it to get it sitting perfect..!

SDC14895.jpg

And one from underneath

SDC14894.jpg

Its strange the centre pipe has no hangers at all not even signs of one that was once there that has been knocked off or cut off.. nothing ???

Either way thats today done :D

Wallby

There should be a hanger in the middle. I have the same exhaust too but have kept the middle box and the hanger

MiniGibbo

Mine never had a centre box, after looking at pictures in the motor factors the ones with centre boxes are a conpletly different system..

I gave the pipe a very good look over for where a hanger should/would of been but nothing :(

allye

Rallye's came with centre boxes and xs's didn't!? Not quite sure why.

MiniGibbo

It would be apparent that I have an xs exhaust then lol..

I know the fitting kit is different for the systems and the shape is different :/

MiniGibbo

Got this little beauty in the post this morning,

SDC14943.jpg

Ive been after one for ages now but theyre hard to get a hold of.. I started off as i do with everything by cleaning it.

Had the old one off with ease and took a photo to show comparison of how much the kid cut off....

SDC14944.jpg

SDC14945.jpg

Safe to say only two bolts where holding it on lol.

I had to replace one of the bolts as hed fitted a shorter one in the originals place but that what turnt out to be the truth was he replaced all three and fitted oversized ones that wouldnt even fit threw my new mount.

Out come the drill and solved that problem and it was in..!

SDC14947.jpg

Gave the top mount a quick check over and thats not showing signs of wear or cracking,

SDC14946.jpg

Thats another job off the list :y:

And it still cant find anyone to do the wiring, which is becoming very f***ing tedious with FCS only three weeks away..!

welshpug

have you spoken to Miles?

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

No, ive seen his name mentioned reguarding manifolds but i didnt know he does wiring or who he is..?

Ive tried everyone in the local pages, tried the local'ish (within two hours) affiliates and am at a loss tbh.

Anthony

His username is (unsurprisingly) Miles on here, and is the man behind Pugracing.

He does all manner of work on 205's and other Peugeots, including wiring looms, and he's only a few miles from Ringwood.

Drop him a PM and see what he says :)

MiniGibbo

I cant find a member with that username dude..?

MiniGibbo

Sorry ignore me im a complete idiot i was searching for the user name "unsurpiringly" :blush:

Ive dropped him a pm and ill now send him an email..!

• Like 3

MiniGibbo

got hold of him and he said its something he can do, fingers crossed..!

He did mention i might need to ditch my rallye dials and XS dials in favour for GTI clocks though which would be a shame but if thats the only way to get it running thats the only way.

I just want to car back :D

Cheers for pointing me in his direction guys..!

MiniGibbo

As i couldnt pick up my steelies today like i planned i thaught id take full advantage of the great weather and start correcting the exterior,

Ive owned the car since september and only washed it once so its safe to say its pretty mank..

Before,

SDC14948.jpg

SDC14951.jpg

SDC14949.jpg

SDC14950.jpg

Started off with a thick foam with a drop of g101 in it for added "goodness"

SDC14952.jpg

While that dweled i tackled all the trim followed by a rinse then the shuts,

SDC14954.jpg

SDC14953.jpg

SDC14959.jpg

SDC14955.jpg

This bit was full of dirt,leafs and grime and i mean FULL

SDC14956.jpg

Some more shots of the great paint work on the rear quaters,

SDC14958.jpg

SDC14957.jpg

The car was then was in Megs shampoo as it was a "clean clean" rather than just a topup wash. The car rinsed and dried

SDC14960.jpg

Next up was a good tardis session,

SDC14961.jpg

SDC14962.jpg

I have never seen a car with so much tar on it, it was unreal i basicully needed to tardis the ENTIRE car, rather than just the sills and bumpers etc..

Once that was done i take my attention to start claying it, i used Sonus super fine clay which tbh i dont think is the right one for this car.. its great on fairly fresh paint or cleaner cars but i need something courser i think for this being so manky..?

I normally use quick detailer as lube but one day browsing CYC i spotted this so thaught id try it,

SDC14963.jpg

I think its really good tbh..! i however only managed to clay the bonnet, passenger wing and door as i got bored as i kept finding tar i missed when tardis'ing even though i went over every panels twice :S

And all parked up looking shiny for a change,

SDC14964.jpg

MiniGibbo

More impluse buying this morning in the shape of a TI Motorsport 421 exhaust manifold, ive been debaiting getting one from day one but its always been bottom of the list.. As this turnt up fairly locally though i thought it would be rude not to :D

SDC14965.jpg

It needs a lamda hole fitting though other wise it would of been fitted soon as i got it home ;)

Anyone know the size of the s1 106 rallye lamda thing so i can buy a bolt to weld on..?

welshpug

standard M18, lots on ebay :)