• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

welshpug

I wouldn't worry about the speedo, they'd have to drive it on the road to notice, though personally I'd just bloody fix it :P

stef205

I take it your an MOT tester or something

No work in a garage that does mot's, but i do print out the tickets and enter it all to the super computer

Strictly_Derv

I hope not, the garage is sort of in an industrial estate. I do need it done, need to source another and need to save for a clutch as it should be done at the same time really.

I took some pictures with my phone with the cable out and the slot where the cable goes looked round not squared... I dont know much about the speedos on these cars.

stef205

Try a new speedo gear set, sits on top of the box, there's a housing where the o/s shaft goes into, I have just replaced mine.

(null)

Strictly_Derv

Try a new speedo gear set, sits on top of the box, there's a housing where the o/s shaft goes into, I have just replaced mine.

(null)

Where did you get it from and how much?

Gave the car a good clean today, fixed my AVO shocks by fitting new bushes supplied by AVO free of charge (win). While I had the car up I thought I'd have a look at the ARB which was making a clonking noise and didn't feel very stable like it used too. Turns out one of the endplates bolts had come completely loose and cam off the splines..all sorted now though.

Handling's really nice now IMO suits the stiff coilovers.

Done abit of MOT friendly work aswel. Fitted a back box and gave the engine a good tidy up, like shrink wrapping all the wires, cable tied up all the extra wires ect.. should have been done ages ago but i've been too lazy lol

Here's some pics anyway

100_1811.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1818.jpg

100_1820.jpg

100_1822.jpg

100_1823.jpg

• Like 1

allye

Hi Max, since my conversion I've had speedo problems as well! I'v replaced the cog and drive cog in the speedo housing with new items from Peugeot, about £6 for each, but I've also notices how the pin that engages with the speedo drive in the box is getting pushed in like so;

IMG_20120228_141929.jpg

So try taking it out of the clocks and pushing the wire and making sure it is engaging with drive. Thats What I'm going to do!

Wheels look great too, engine bay photos!?

Edited by allye

Strictly_Derv

I might invest in some. I've taken it out various times and the square cable always sticks out much more than that. I managed to take some pics on my phone with flash down there with no cable in and the metal bit where the cable goes into seems round...

Strictly_Derv

Also whats the best way to get to it? up top or down low(giggidy)?

allye

down low(giggidy)?

:lol: on topic please!

Depends on your car I suppose, I find underneath but then you can see the hole or where to stick it :ph34r:

custard-rallye

love this car looks ace

Strictly_Derv

MOT= FAIL :(

Where do we start... cracked flexi brake hose N/S/R, rear beam mounted brakes pipes unsecured, steering rack should be power assisted, number plate light gone (it was fine though lol), N/S ball joint play, they wreckon it's sat on the bumpstops as the susp is so hard :lol: and worst of all....rotten middle seat belt mount.

Flew through the smoke test, nothing to do with it being on 3/4 throttle.

Got them all sorted today though. I raised up the coils to prove it wasn't on the stops. I asked if I remove the seats does that mean it will pass and he said yes so it's now stripped :blush:

And he said just cover the holes in the rack with something so it's not obvious it's a conversion.

there's a re-test tomorow morning at 8 again.

So fingers crossed it will pass as I explained to him exactly what I had done and he said that should be ok.

samthornton1990

It should be power assisted.... is this man a woman?

Strictly_Derv

It should be power assisted.... is this man a woman?

What I meant was that because it was converted it should have assistance. It's annoying as they've passed a mates saxo which was f***ed suspension-wise and had been in various crashes lol Bloody hate MOT's!

samthornton1990

Aren't the xud and the 1.8 diesel similar weights and sizes? I do miss my 306 some days. Just for ease with the power steering... and the torque.... I WANT ANOTHER :)

Edited by samthornton1990

Strictly_Derv

Sorry I meant the rack has been converted lol the 1.9 DT's are actually lighter anyways.

Get a 1.9 205, theyr awesome ;)

Strictly_Derv

She passed! And just spent £118 on 6months tax :(

samthornton1990

Haha, I would do but they stopped turbos being allowed in road rallying.... cause I would have jacket the 306 up and used that if you were allowed turbos! Stupid rules!

Strictly_Derv

I knew someone who used a 205 DT in road rallying but he didn't know about their capabilities at the time.

Finally got the modded gov spring fitted. Can rev up to 5500 but the boost drops to 15psi. But 5000 still holds 26psi which is better than before.

Fiddled round with the LDA. Found a plastic cap which stops it going down as far and fitted a ground pin.

Also fitted the new rad fan which is smaller than the last one and fits much better. I really should get a pic up of the old 'fan' :lol:

samthornton1990

Yeah, well they changed the rules in the last few years like. Scoobys and evos were just murdering everyone so they banned turbos, saying that you get the odd person running a non turbo scooby lol. Diesels would be ideal though!

Sounds epic been able rev harder!

• Like 1

Strictly_Derv

Doesn't feel right revving that high in a diesel :lol:

• Like 1

samthornton1990

It didn't feel going from 4500rpm to 7 that this one does. Got an ecu at home that's going to allow me to go up to 8000rpm :) that'll be going on soon too :D

Strictly_Derv

I got some hole driled for better flow, fitted the a new fan as the other lost all its fins, this one's a 9" as which fit on the rad perfect.

And finally, here's some engine pics :ph34r:

DSCF3464.jpg

DSCF3465.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

DSCF3467.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

DSCF3469.jpg

DSCF3470.jpg

DSCF3477.jpg

DSCF3478.jpg

allye

Nice Max! Front looks mean.

How have you secured the grill? I've ditched the standard cowling too and running without the grill at the mo, need to make a bracket or something for it to sit into to.

stef205

cable ties work for me, thats all mines held in by as i dont have a slam pannel well a peice of angled steel :lol:

custard-rallye

love this car there is a diesel forsale near me with a 306 td engine in it tempted to swap it for my 106 rallye