• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

BusEngineer

I like them a lot :wub: really suit your car mate

Strictly_Derv

I like them a lot :wub: really suit your car mate

Cheers :) i'm very happy with them. Was unsure about white wheels on a white car at first.

Could do with a refurb and streched tyres because they scrape :unsure: standard issue lol

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Strictly_Derv

Also got these fitted aswel 016-3.jpg

timmsy19

Looks sweet with that zender bumper and wheels, still need to get a GTi rear valance on there though ;)

What size tyres are you running on those wheels?

Edit: can just notice 195/55 in the picture. what size are you going for to get strech?

Edited by timmsy19

Russ_T

<p>I like the wheels a lot, andthe rallye arches. Think I might have to get myself a set so I can go wider :) Did you cut or roll the metal arches at all?</p>

Strictly_Derv

Looks sweet with that zender bumper and wheels, still need to get a GTi rear valance on there though ;)

What size tyres are you running on those wheels?

Edit: can just notice 195/55 in the picture. what size are you going for to get strech?

Wrong and wrong :P the front valance is a Peugeot Sport one and I will be getting a GTI rear one at the weekend.

The tyres are 185 55 14. Want sime 175's on there for some stretch.

Inner arches are standard, which is bad, it scrapes like mad at the back!

Russ_T

Were the wheels an ebay find or did you have them done? I've come to the conclusion my Speedlines are too heavy and don't have enough tyre. Performance has dropped since fitting them so I think a 185 on a light wheel is the way forward for my roads.

Also with my limited budget I don't want to do a GTi shell anymore, but keep working on my derv. So with that in mind can I pick your brain again please?

Are you running GTi torsion bars and 106 GTi ARB? I guess this is a good combo?

Can I fit discs to my drum brake rear beam? I don't want to go wider and do arches, just a bit lower and a lot stiffer for now :)

Set of coilovers on the front so I can adjust the ride height and I'm laughing (hopefully).

For now I want to get the stance sorted and tidy her up a little, I'll do engines/brakes later :)

cybernck

Yes, using 1.9 stub pins, hubs, caliper carriers, calipers and discs, you can convert to rear discs.

Not really a performance modification, but easier to service and does look better :).

timmsy19

Wrong and wrong :P the front valance is a Peugeot Sport

Ahhh yea, i noticed that a few hours after posting it and checking out my photobucket lol

Yes, using 1.9 stub pins, hubs, caliper carriers, calipers and discs, you can convert to rear discs.

Not really a performance modification, but easier to service and does look better :).

Handbrake cables too IIRC?

Edited by timmsy19

Anthony

Handbrake cables too IIRC?

Yes, handbrake cables and generally speaking new brake pipes downstream of the beam flexis too

welshpug

yup.

Russ_T

Thanks for the help guys. I hate drums purely for servicing like you say.

Sorry to thread hijack, but maybe I should just get a 309 beam and be done with it. I love Dervs look so much and having spoked to timmsy19 about the wider track and handling I think I should go that way.

Time to use the search button and figure that out instead :) I see beams on ebay with calipers regularly so could be a one stop shop. I would have to lose my rear brake bias adjuster thingies as well I guess as they're mounted on the beam.

welshpug

drums are a doddle!

Russ_T

Sure, I even had a puller machined up for ones that are a problem, but mine seem to stick a little bit. Discs are the way forward, putting a drum back together when it's a bit hanging is always a pita. Discs = easy!

welshpug

grind the lip off, job jobbed :D

Anthony

Sorry to thread hijack, but maybe I should just get a 309 beam and be done with it. I love Dervs look so much and having spoked to timmsy19 about the wider track and handling I think I should go that way.

309 beam and base model rear arches is a bit of a no-no really.

welshpug

grind the lip off, job jobbed :D

timmsy19

309 beam and base model rear arches is a bit of a no-no really.

As said Russ you'll have to do some serious arch cutting for a 309 beam ;)

Worth it in the long run IMO

welshpug

I wouldnt bother with a 309 beam, just buy some 20 or 21mm bars from Anthony

Russ_T

20-21mm bars, as in torsion bars? How much? There are some GTi bars going for £1 atm lol.

I was thinking the wider track would look smart, and add some handling. My rear will scrub if I lower it anyway so I need to do something so I figure rally archs and some cutting or rolling would work (don't want to weaken the panel or have it rust out).

Would be really good to find a local GTI so I can make a template of the rear arches to compare :) Anyone around Taunton, Somerset?

I'm of the do it once do it properly mentality, hence why I spend all my time going round in circles thinking about it and not achieving anything :)

Cheers

Strictly_Derv

Just get some banded steels and be done with it. Mine fill the Rallye arches spot on.

Anyways, the cars due an MOT on the 1st of March. Things I know it will fail on are the straight through exhaust, split C.V boot and possibly the slighty twisted brake line at the rear.

It may fail on the f***ed wishbone ball joint, I do have a spare but havn't had the time to fit.

Also, the speedo isn't working atm, would this fail? I really hope not :(

stef205

I believe the speedo comes in April with the other changes.

(null)

Strictly_Derv

I believe the speedo comes in April with the other changes.

(null)

Thank fuuck! Haha.

Another thing, I have my fan on a switch in the car, not an off the temp switch. Will this cause a fail? I will mention it that its on a switch so they don't cook the engine.

Strictly_Derv

I take it your an MOT tester or something