• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

Strictly_Derv

I decided to clean the open air filter today as I havn't done it yet and my god was it bad! I had 3/4 bucket full of water and de-greaser and by the end it was completely black ohmy.gif

Dried it off and thought I'd look at the ground LDA as it's not been checked since I put it in and the judging by the markings it had actually gone too far down into the pump head so that the pin thing on the head started reducing fuel as it was reaching the top part of the LDA pin where it curves out (if that makes any sence). This had happened because I removed the plastic collar that goes around the pin thinking it was some sort of restriction. Put it back in, wound the LDA screw out as it was in all the way.

Took it for a test drive and it does seem to go much better now smile.gif

Strictly_Derv

I think i've reached the max of the current T2 turbo. So I picked up a K04 off a mate from his Audi TT 225.

I will be making a hybrid using the exhaust housing from the original KKK K14 turbo from my car.

Here's some pics

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0764.jpg

All that needs doing is slight reamage to take the k04 exhaust wheel and need to get hold of a oil return plate. Apart from that it's a diirect fit so should look pretty OEM.

With this set up I should be seeing anything from 170bhp plus with the right fuelling.

• Like 1

Russ_T

<p>Go for it mate! I always enjoy reading this thread, you won't stop :D</p>

Will Eastman

170bhp and the torque :) sounds interesting!! Keep up the good work.

Strictly_Derv

Cheers Russ. It's true I don't, every last penny gets put into this car. It's bad but I can't help it :lol:

I think the torque figures will be well over 250ft-lbs.

Would be interesting to see how it compares to a gti-6 engined 205 as 306 DT's with a similar set-up to mine now with the T2 turbo and modded Bosch pump can stick with a 306 GTI-6. So in theory it should be faster on a rolling start than a 205 GTI-6 but still returning over 45mpg and only costing me around £200 inc the engine and turbo. So pretty good bang for your buck.

Will Eastman

When is this going to be finished for then? Pugfest??

Strictly_Derv

Hopefully. I just need the exhaust housing reemed out a tad and an oil drain from the scrappy :)

allye

Surely if similar set up 306 diesel can just about keep up with a 6 (before it runs out of gears :P ) then your sill just about keep up with 6' engine'd 205.

Strictly_Derv

Well if I where to turn my fueling up and do some more tweaking with the pump it should do. I'm only running 27psi and I think them lot where on 30+ :lol:

• Like 1

Strictly_Derv

Went down to the local forge and they will be able to make up some basic drilled plates for £20. I've given up on the hybrid idea now.

samthornton1990

More boost more boost :) What's JP running in his 306?

Strictly_Derv

Think he's got a GT25/T2 hybrid. 209bhp :o

Been to the local forgery today and they said they will make up some plates to fit the turbo for £20 as I've given up on the hybrid idea.

Just need the cash now as i'm totally skint!

Russ_T

Great work, keep at it!

I'm hanging in there now for a non sun roof GTi shell in white/blue/black/grey... there is one on ebay but it comes with a working engine which feels like money wasted at the moment :) You Sir are dangerous for me, it's like you're leading me on all the time!

I'll be aiming for 60mpg though and whatever performance I can get without loosing that (when sitting at 60mph).

When do you get paid again??? I'll put it in my calendar :)

samthornton1990

Think he's got a GT25/T2 hybrid. 209bhp :o

Been to the local forgery today and they said they will make up some plates to fit the turbo for £20 as I've given up on the hybrid idea.

Just need the cash now as i'm totally skint!

Very Nice!

Tell me about it.... I'm strapped an all. Selling up and getting a Derv again, I'll be poking around tdoc again, fingers crossed next month :)

Strictly_Derv

What you gunna go for? 205 XUD?

Got a single wiper kit fitted the other day. Decided to break in the rain <_< and had to attemt fix it in the the rain <_<

Looks good though IMAG0849.jpg

MiniGibbo

Needs a t28 bolted to the side :D

samthornton1990

Nope, going vag again, Passat pd130 :) need something big. Looking swarve. I want it!

Strictly_Derv

I do like Passats, bit of a barge compared to a 205 though :P

Mmm it's okay, need to get it fixed at it's broke ATM and need a rear wiper off of something which is straight as the 205 ones are kinked. 306 one's are too small.

samthornton1990

I'll make it go like a speed boat ;) and I'll have it going down back lanes like a 205.... what about a wiper off a 306 estate? Or a 405, surely a 405 one will be big enough

Strictly_Derv

Sadly after a breakdown it had to be towed home and the tow hook damaged the lower valance so I've put the standard one back on while I get enough spare cash for a proper re-spray. While it was off I removed the yellow tint film which was peeling and swapped the grill for another non broken one with a silver badge. She's looking pretty 'standard' now but I do quite like the new look.

Also one as that bloody filter housing was leaking again causing the break down, I decided to change the filter set-up to a filter for an Audi TT (thanks to Gunge for the tip).

Looks odd now!

IMAG0870.jpg

IMAG0869.jpg

IMAG0873.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

• Like 1

qwerty

Man! I love this car, fancy swap for my borin saxo vts Lol

If you ever come to be sellin this lemeno :))

DaveW

Any idea of power yet?

Strictly_Derv

Don't wanna be swapping this for a Saxo :lol:

No idea on power figures TBH must be over 130bhp and 200+ft-lbs with the modifications to it.

Strictly_Derv

Right so the turbo's on.

Had it dyno'd today, anyone wanna guess what it made with a clutch that slipped and no fans to cool the IC?

welshpug

145 bhp , 190 lbft :)