• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

Strictly_Derv

When I fitted the 306 gear box I found I couldn't use the original fly wheel sensor for the RPM gauge, I got hold of a 306 one which bolts to the top of the box but the plug end is different and has 3 pins but the original one only has 2 is there a direct replacement for this?

Strictly_Derv

Finally got the car looking half decent with a new wing, auto bonnet and driving lights. Here's some pics

Won this one ebay. Genuine Dturbo badge

IMG_0438_zps5b308a10.jpg

IMG_0440_zps175ec344.jpg

IMG_0442_zpsf4fecb2f.jpg

IMG_0443_zpsefc9f844.jpg

IMG_0444_zps8c4833bb.jpg

IMG_0445_zps8a5753c2.jpg

IMG_0452_zpsca6ed15f.jpg

IMG_0458_zps1f5b1275.jpg

All I need now is a red bumper strip, I have a chrome one which I may paint unless anyone wants to swap.

• Like 2

Daviewonder

Good to see it back to health ;)

Just stick some red tape over the chrome strip.

jonXS

i really really like your 205, but is your grill wonkey or is it just me :P

Strictly_Derv

Thanks JonXS. Yeah I think your right, had it off the other day and it just needs re alining.

Fitted a solid engine mount fork bush earlier which I had been meaning to do for about 8months but kept failing at removing the old bush from the spare fork, but cracked on with it today.

It had issues of the zorst hitting the subframe due to the new angle of the down pipe and extra power but the solid mount has done the trick and really stiffened it up with out making it too stiff that it shakes the car.

JRL

You have done a great job with this project. The standard gti red trim dents easily especially from stone chips on the front bumper so probably worth keep the stronger chrome strip and painting it.

• Like 1

allye

Looking real good Max, just spray the inserts.

Strictly_Derv

I might give they a spray over the weekend as I have 2 chrome ones.

Next I have planned for the car is more boost, get a spare turbo maybe a TDO4L or a k04 but they are quite pricey, 3" turbo back exhaust and cage when money allows. More boost won't be an issue as it only involves turning a screw :D

allye

How do the stock internals handal that? Do they throw rods at all?

Edited by allye

welshpug

yes :lol:

SurGie

Looks really nice, it keeps reminding me of the XR2 until i look at the top half of the car. Everyone should drive an XR2 at some point in their lives.

As for the red stripe, the thicker one makes it look a bit odd, too in your face i think. How about trying a subtle thin stripe say along the crease or along the top crease along the bodyline. I think if you get the colour of red right it would give the sides a little lift.

Strictly_Derv

I think the term treading on egg shells is very relivent here...

I'm going to be building another engine soon, 1.9 block head and pistons, HDI rods and possable some ARP headbolts if I can get some made.

allye

I think the term treading on egg shells is very relivent here...

:lol: I did read a while ago some of the old XUD's depart their rod's from engine blocks!

Why not stick a complete 110 HDI in there!? Bit of hard work but rather tunable and (fairly) unique.

Strictly_Derv

Looks really nice, it keeps reminding me of the XR2 until i look at the top half of the car. Everyone should drive an XR2 at some point in their lives.

As for the red stripe, the thicker one makes it look a bit odd, too in your face i think. How about trying a subtle thin stripe say along the crease or along the top crease along the bodyline. I think if you get the colour of red right it would give the sides a little lift.

I only put that tape along the side to see what it looked like, was over year ago :lol: It does have red pin stripes along the side, like it came with. We're talking about the bumper insert.

Jon, I really am not keen on HDi's. They'r run by electrics, expensive and hard to tune, cannot be run on veg oil, don't rev which makes them pretty boring IMO, you can't beat the rawness of an XUD running 30psi :P

ginge191

Strictlyderv, you need a bigger turbo mate; rumours have it that your flow rate sucks..

• Like 2

Strictly_Derv

Strictlyderv, you need a bigger turbo mate; rumours have it that your flow rate sucks..

Oh, please... so's yours, oh wait, what turbo? <_<

Strictly_Derv

I fitted a Compbrake gear lever and solid linkages the other day which has made such a nice improvement over the old sloppy work linkage system, very direct with a much shorter throw and a nice mechanical feel to the gear change. Wishing I had done this a long time ago.

I made a couple of vids;

GLPoomobile

That thing shifts (no pun intended) really nicely :)

But sort yer wipers oot! :P

Strictly_Derv

Thanks! I think the un sprung clutch probably helps the gear changes under heavy acceleration. Although I do now need to change the subframe linkage bushes fr bronze ones as I've noticed there's slight play in that at end.

The wipers were due to buying a dodgy single wiper kit and this was an end result of hours faffing about taking the system apart countless times and in the end getting fed up :angry:

Edited by Strictly_Derv

GLPoomobile

But all you need to do is loosen the nuts on the arms and move them down a bit then re-tighten. Or do they then not sweep far enough across the screen if they are moved to a more horizontal parked position?

Strictly_Derv

Well any lower and they go off the screen as they need resetting.

GLPoomobile

That doesn't make any sense :wacko:

welshpug

the arm on the motor is in the wrong place.

GLPoomobile

Ahhhh, of course! He means they go past the base of the windscreen and then come back up to a parked position. I thought he meant they go off the edge of the windscreen.

welshpug

same kinda effect :)