• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

Strictly_Derv
6767607819_a399b1b019_m.jpg

Russ_T

So let me get this straight, 306 plates, 106 torsion bars, this is a better combo than 205 gti ones?

Nice to see you're still at it :)

Strictly_Derv

No it's a 106 ARB with 306 endplates to hold it on. The 106 TB's are the same mm anyway. Great improvement to the handling.

Yeah still at it, got a few goodies waiting in line to be fitted when time allows :)

Hows things going with yours?

Russ_T

Hi,

Sorry yes arbs, brain not in gear. So a 106 ARB is bigger, nice idea, have to add that to the list before I swap my rear beam. Every time I make a little upgrade the car is transformed so looking forward to following your plan!

No real progress atm, I need to do a fair bit to the house and I need the 205 as my commuter so if I take it off the road it needs to be well planned and sunny so I can use my bike lol. Also when I figure out the difference between a 90 and 110 hdi I'll probably go that route which will mean more down time.

Keep us updated!

Strictly_Derv

Not all of them are though. This was a GTI one which is 24mm compared to the original 19mm.

Too her out lastnight and it really has transformed the handling even though it was wet. Just need to fix my AVO shocks now..... I have to say it wasn't my idea, I saw it on here :rolleyes:

Oh so your still going for a HDI electic fail then lol. I think the 110's have the intercooler pipe going over then engine bay and the 90's don't.

I still think XUD FTW get your staged 1'd and you won't want a HDI :lol:

Strictly_Derv

24mm action

6777130547_821a066021_m.jpg

BusEngineer
;) ^ ^ ^ Cool ^ ^ ^ :D

Strictly_Derv

Bad news :( - had some clutch slip today, did it a few times when flooring it :( not good but atleast thats give's me more of a reason to fit another gearbox! Am NOT looking forward to doing this though!! :angry:

Strictly_Derv

I'm now unsure whether it just greasy roads causing wheel spin :unsure: I hope so anyway but i'll just have to wait for good weather to see

welshpug

:lol:

there's quite a difference in clutch slip and wheel spin!!

Strictly_Derv

can you usually smell clutch smoke when it slips because I havn't yet...

I did try it in second gear in the dry and the wheels just span up

welshpug

try 4th at low speed then floor it.

Strictly_Derv

I'll try it in the dry as it spins in the wet in anygear noramally. I hope it's just the roads being greasy as they felt it on the corners

Anthony

Pretty good way to tell is to drive along at say 1500-2000rpm in 4th, dip the clutch, raise the revs to 3000-4000 or so, and lift the clutch abruptly.

If the clutch is good, the revs will drop back to 1500rpm pretty much instantly and the car will jerk forward a bit, whereas if the clutch is on its last legs (or contaminated with oil) then it'll hold the revs and slip, or only slowly come back down to match the road speed.

As Welshpug said, clutch slip is normally much more obvious in higher gears, whereas wheelspin is the opposite and more in lower gears.

Strictly_Derv

I tried your method anthony and it bit well even tried flooring it and it bit fine.

Had some Golf R32 try overtaking so I obviously didnt let him past :blush: he did ask for it! Didn't encounter any slip, that was with 2 people and the back full of stuff

I wonder whether there oil getting on it or whether it just was the greasy roads :wacko:

Daviewonder

I tried your method anthony and it bit well even tried flooring it and it bit fine.

Had some Golf R32 try overtaking so I obviously didnt let him past :blush: he did ask for it! Didn't encounter any slip, that was with 2 people and the back full of stuff

I wonder whether there oil getting on it or whether it just was the greasy roads :wacko:

You want to be careful racing Golf R32's as the old bill have a grey under cover one around these parts ;)

Strictly_Derv

Cheers I'll keep an eye-out. They also have an Audi A6 BMW 1series Skoda Octavia VRs. They're mainly Silver/grey which is a good thing.

I got over taken by an undercover Skoda, they did a 3 car over take on a blind bend! what a cock! I just stuck my middle finger up at them when they went past though :)

Russ_T

They're trained drivers mind, that makes them able to do things us mere mortals couldn't possibly comprehend!!!

Glad your clutch is ok, and impressive on keeping up with R32s. My motorbike always feels like the clutch is slipping when the back tyre is knackered, spins up something crazy but really really controlled so I think it's the clutch and not me doing a 50mph wheelspin :)

I kerbed an alloy last night and after wanting to beat myself up nearly cried lol, I'm thinking I love the 205 so much I might get another one and use that for my conversion project. Just need a new garage first to fit it in :)

Strictly_Derv

026B20DF.jpg?t=1328287335

I did a clutch test today up a steep hill in 4th and it didn't slip, just got a abit of wheelspin when it came on full 26psi boost :lol: i'm happy it was just the s*itty roads!

Also sorted the stupid bouncy rev gauge the only worked after 3k. Now works perfectly

stef205

26psi that's a fair amount do you have shares in turbos? Would be good to see the figures on a rr

Strictly_Derv

These T2's are pretty tough. I'm hoping to get a battery tray mounted TD04 or T25 soon when I get hold of a welder. Would like to RR the car should be around 130bhp.

I need to reduce slack from the cable as its not getting max throttle and fit a my modded Govenor which makes it rev to 5500+

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Strictly_Derv

Wheels are sold, going monday. I'm hopefully picking up my brand new set tomorrow :ph34r: all will be relieved.

Also got round to fitting my chavvy dumpvalve but the solenoid isn't working so i'll need to get a new one and i'm waiting to pick up a drill tomorow from a friend so I can fit my Corbeau buckets to my 205 subframes.

Got halfterm next week so I can also start preping/checking for the MOT which is due next month

Strictly_Derv

Got some banded 7 inch steels earlier.

014-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

• Like 3