• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

[trackday_prep] Paul's Gti6

allye

Took the Gti out for a proper drive earlier, annoyingly 4th gear syncro is buggered :angry:!

Do you have the s*ittest luck on the forum!?

Paul_13

:lol:

And the driveshaft is playing silly buggers, inner cv is wobbling a good'un under load

Anthony

And the driveshaft is playing silly buggers, inner cv is wobbling a good'un under load

Another quality "recon" driveshaft then <_<

You're welcome to borrow this spare one of mine to keep the car on the road while you get that one replaced if you like? Just let me know so that I can chuck it in the car tomorrow morning for you.

You need your old "s**tluck" avatar back - it would certainly be very apt about now...

Paul_13

Could you please so I can rule out if it's the NS/OS driveshaft :) Would be of massive help :)

Paul_13

Made a start on putting the sound deadening in. Took the seats out, dash and to get the top dash out I had to loosen off one of the roll cage legs. Right PITA!

Bulkhead clear ready for the deadening

th_IMAG0762.jpg

Floor deadening in place, also a bit of flashing tape courtesy of Kyepan :) Cheers

th_IMAG0763.jpg

Bulkhead deadening in place

th_IMAG0766.jpg

Device to pull the cage back in place :lol:

th_IMAG0765.jpg

Big thanks to Anthony for the sound deadening :)

Managed to get the heater box in place and top part of the dash back in. Maybe somemore tomorrow...

Edited by Paul_13

kyepan

Went for a spin in the car with paul on wednesday evening, and can report that it is very well screwed together.

Wins prizes for smoothness, it's fairly quiet when it's not bouncing off the limiter, and quite frankly on rails with him behind the wheel. Feels incredibly planted.

Top job.

cheesegrater

Went for a spin in the car with paul on wednesday evening, and can report that it is very well screwed together.

Wins prizes for smoothness, it's fairly quiet when it's not bouncing off the limiter, and quite frankly on rails with him behind the wheel. Feels incredibly planted.

Top job.

You should have a ride in my boat then :P

Paul_13

th_IMAG0821.jpg

th_IMAG0824.jpg

th_IMAG0825.jpg

th_IMAG0827.jpg

th_IMAG0822.jpg

• Like 1

Paul_13

Had a brown pant moment yesterday were the steering seized up, sent me towards the kerb and took 2 hands to rip the steering back straight....

Took the upper column out and the bearing is fubar, quick text to Anthony to get another one and picked it up today (thank you ever soo much :)) And all is well, the steering feels a hell of a lot lighter!

4000 miles..... and counting

Paul_13

Noticed this earlier... th_IMAG0845.jpg

Rather annoyed about that. Not sure when it happened, lucky it wasn't the rad!

Wanted ad being placed soon.

Swapped the top rad hose earlier I got off Justin (cheers :))

th_IMAG0848.jpg

You could squeeze the old hose together rather easily

Also swapped the running gear off the diesel onto the GTI. So I now have 309 running on the front of the GTI. Handles like a dream now, loves the corners.

th_IMAG0849.jpg

4300 odd miles now

cheesegrater

I have a spare lense for those!

Paul_13

I'll take either your lense or Anthony's mate :)

New wheels for the diesel, Cheers Strictly Derv :)

th_IMAG0852.jpg

Fitted the quickshift earlier, bit alarmed that I can bend it with my hands :lol: See how long it lasts.

th_IMAG0853.jpg

Drove a 306 gti6 earlier, didn't feel that brisk. Gti6 engine in a 205 definitely feels much better :)

Edited by Paul_13
  • Like 2

Paul_13

I did this yesterday

Changed it before it snapped

Not very happy with the quality of it

th_IMAG0856.jpg

th_IMAG0857.jpg

Anthony

Another part fails the coveted Paul_13 quality assurance testing program :lol:

And yes, 306 GTi-6's do feel somewhat underwhelming at the best of times, and no surprise it feels slow compared to a 205 GTi-6 when it's 300kg odd lardier!

Miles

What ones that,

I'll take you out in my 306 when it's done, will make you think you 205 is the 5 door twin :lol:

Paul_13

Constella I believe...

I await your car to swing my opinion on them then :lol:

Spoke to Rob@ Constella and hopefully i'll have a replacement soon. Thanks :)

Also swapped the Kuhmos and Falken's round and the Kuhmos grip soooooo much better and corners like an animal now :)

Strictly_Derv

Looking good. I found the rest of that paint yesterday, loads left in it.

Paul_13

Fitted this breifly, quite liking it :)

th_IMAG0883.jpg

Also, welded the rear 1/4 panel back onto the sill (thanks to cheesegrater :)), fitted a new earth lead in the back for the battery and HOPEFULLY it's fixed the stalling problems. Engine is easier to start and it doesn't drop down soo quick when revved which is bizarre.

Also put a new breather filter on the ICV as the old one may of been blocked.

Changed the oil pressure sender and it's made me happier as the oil pressure seems higher all round :) Whether it is, is another question :lol:

Played about with the brake bias valve and it's made the front brakes better :wacko:

Paul_13

Tried these on earlier for a laugh

th_IMAG0896.jpg

Don't suit it at all :lol:

Anthony

Agreed - they don't suit 205 GTi's for some reason, but look good on 309 GTi's and 106 GTi's IMO :)

Changed the oil pressure sender and it's made me happier as the oil pressure seems higher all round :) Whether it is, is another question :lol:

Sounds about right - I swear that the standard gauge/sender merely serves to worry people half the time :lol:

When I replaced the sender on my current engine, the oil pressure near enough doubled! Went from maxing out at around 3-4 bar (even when cold) to now being near 6 bar hot and over 7 bar cold - or in simple terms, distinctly low to well above average.

Paul_13

Nice 309 in the pic :)

My old gauge was running 1 bar on the gauge lower than the new one. We hot and idling it was hovering above the light :lol:

I'll be over tomorrow to drop your exhaust off :)

Edited by Paul_13

erwin_meijer

Looking good !

cybernck

I usually don't like them on 205's, but I think they look good on your car - perhaps because of the colour combination or something.

kyepan

Sounds about right - I swear that the standard gauge/sender merely serves to worry people half the time :lol:

When I replaced the sender on my current engine, the oil pressure near enough doubled! Went from maxing out at around 3-4 bar (even when cold) to now being near 6 bar hot and over 7 bar cold - or in simple terms, distinctly low to well above average.

my old engine's sender definitly showed higher pressure than the new one!!

they do vary