• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jackman

[car_overhaul] Yellow 205 Rallye..

Jackman
Keep us updated on shed :D

I miss my old KMS! that's one of the oldest ones in the UK!

The track control arm arrangement on these is weird!

Good damn it. I'll update now matey!

I can't wait to get the KMS on! just hope its gona live up to what i expect! Whats the Map like on it Alex?

Everyone said that about the arms! quite different to a 106!

Ryan_B

Just read this from the start. What a cracking job you have done Jackman!! Something different and fresh without a doubt!!

Jackman

So n Friday evening i had my Cams and KMS fitted to the car. haven't got any pictures sorry!

All i can say is WOW! what a difference, its like driving a new car! The acceleration really did blow me away. I've let a few friends take it for a short drive and they have all come back with big grins on their faces!

Really looking forward to my track day now :lol:

Also,

Been offered this for £300, think i'm guna collect it next weekend!

Its a bit rough round the edges, but i'll respray it anyway! Colour?

GetAttachmentaspx4.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx3.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx2.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Mark205

Phase 1 :lol:

I'd go with a crazy colour like orange.

willmounsey

Your wee pug looks and sounds great mate and the thread is a good read too :lol:

Apart from the citroen badge on the rocker cover it looks like it rolled out the showroom like that ;)

cant wait to get my 1.9 on the road the re-build 's taking tooooo long :blush:

platty

I think white or black will look good with the yellow :lol:

pugdamo

A real shiney glossy black,the shinyer the better :) . Im loving the Rallye,i always fancied doing that conversion,it just looks so good in the 205 engine bay.

Anteas

if u wanna sell the car mats shown in ur last pic jackman let me no plz

Batfink
Thanks alot mate! it is nice to have something a bit different!

The bushes were a right pain, hense why i gave up and left them for my mate to attack lol!

It seems to handle pretty well, the bilsteins made a huge difference!

I'm sure upgrading to a GTi setup would be beneficial, i've got a track day on April 11th so going to see how i get on from there! i'm sure i'll upgrade at some point!

due to the thin arb on the rallye you will get quite a lot of roll even with reasonably stiff springs. Graemes rallye ran 280lb springs and we felt it could have been a lot stiffer for pure track use, it even was bearable on the road.

Kev

Jackman
due to the thin arb on the rallye you will get quite a lot of roll even with reasonably stiff springs. Graemes rallye ran 280lb springs and we felt it could have been a lot stiffer for pure track use, it even was bearable on the road.

Kev

I didn't think i had a ARB at all on the Rallye! It's defiantly a upgrade i'm looking to do!

Picked my cage up yesterday!

28032009022.jpg

28032009023.jpg

28032009024.jpg

Rock Lobster

looks like the sort of cage i'm after, any idea what it is?

Jackman
looks like the sort of cage i'm after, any idea what it is?

I know its Safety Devices mate! not sure exactly what it is!

There is one simular on ebay at the moment! take a look!

EdCherry

C12 with extras by the looks.

Rock Lobster

cheers lads i'll take a look!

loving the thread by the way mate, good work! Hopefully see you out and about at some point!

Jackman
cheers lads i'll take a look!

loving the thread by the way mate, good work! Hopefully see you out and about at some point!

I'm normally about somewhere mate! which 205 is yours?

Just trial fitted the cage because i was bored and wanted to check it went in alright lol!

Looks spot on and fits fine, bit tight!

It should go off to be Powdercoated this week sometime!

30032009033.jpg

30032009030.jpg

30032009029.jpg

30032009028.jpg

30032009026.jpg

30032009025.jpg

30032009031.jpg

Jackman

Had a very busy weekend with the car this weekend!

Blew my gearbox at the start of the week. Typical, as i had Llandow on Saturday!

Thanks to Wolze, Paul_Collins and a few other hands we managed to get the car there!

I was very happy with how the car performed out there, really held up well against the Mi and GTi-6 engine cars!

Heres a few pictures i found!

602-vi.jpg

615-vi.jpg

296-vi.jpg

And my pure slicks gave up on my last lap!

11042009007.jpg

Then today there was a new Rolling Road open locally, so i popped down with the car as it was £20 for 3 runs!

It was really busy down there but we got it on by the end of the day!

On the Rollers:

13042009013.jpg

Uploading a video now!

Graph:

13042009017.jpg

Power: 155.7 bhp @ Fly, 129.4 bhp @ Wheels!

Very happy with this, as the manifold has cracked slightly and to my shock the car is under fuelling!

welshpug

nice result, not surprised it's running lean as you've got the cams in now, a decent map should give you a decent bit more power :wacko:

looking at how it performed on the track highlights how much difference proper suspension and a LSD makes as there were some lesser powered cars getting round there a bit better, does look like the back needs to come up a tiny bit.

was the replacement gearbox suitable ratio's or just something to get you going?

Edited by welshpug

Jackman
nice result, not surprised it's running lean as you've got the cams in now, a decent map should give you a decent bit more power :wacko:

looking at how it performed on the track highlights how much difference proper suspension and a LSD makes as there were some lesser powered cars getting round there a bit better, does look like the back needs to come up a tiny bit.

was the replacement gearbox suitable ratio's or just something to get you going?

Yea i think the map does need a small tweak!

After doing the trackday i know found the car needs a few things. It wasn't the greatest in the bends, i was getting so much wheelspin through the bus stop. I think not having a Anti-Roll bar could be part of the problem and a LSD really needs to be ordered.

The gearbox was a close ratio one, not as close as my previous box. but that could be a good think as it would of just wheelspun more i would have thought!

rubyna

Definatley agree with welshpug, needs a tidy map and L.S.D as like he said there was lesser powerd cars making significantly faster times, Baz,s 1.6 205 for instance was holding its own with alot more powerfull engines, obviously driving has a massive part to play init and without blowing Baz,s trumpet he doesnt half throw his 1.6 8v miami around. Id say most of the day he spent on 3 wheels and at 1point just the 2 going through the bus stop. Anthony took some good photos of the day so i would of thought theyd make an appearence on here,soon. All in all a great day and the weather was class.. My gti6 conversion will be done soon hopefully so i shall definatly be going there next year in my own car.. :wacko:

Luke.

Edited by rubyna

Jackman

So this weekend was fun.

Firstly me and Paul_Collins picked up 4 XSi gearbox's !

04052009051.jpg

Then my friend dropped my cage back off to me after being Powdercoated! Only cost me £50 and i'm really pleased!

Had it finished in Gloss Black! Hoping to get it in this time very soon!

DSC_0579-1.jpg

DSC_0580-1.jpg

Ordered new stickers for it aswell!

8369_12.JPG

Also, 1 of the XSi gearboxs was for myself.

Its got a Quaife Diff hidden inside!

It's now on the car, but my clutch cable snapped so havent had chance to drive it yet!

Hopefully get it sorted tomorrow!

Jackman

Little Update.

The Cage is going in next week when i return from my Nurburgring Trip!

I ruined my bonnet by putting bonnet pins in it yesterday lol.

DSC_0592.jpg

And the car should be off to Sandy for a Remap next month aswell !

FINALLY.

I had a email from Performance French Car Magazine when i got home from work. They have said they will feature the car!

He said he will get a photographer to get in touch with me and he has taken my phone number!

Very pleased with that result!!

Edited by Jackman

welshpug

nice progress, but you put the bonnet pins on wrong, doh!

Jackman
nice progress, but you put the bonnet pins on wrong, doh!

I wasn't aware there was a right way.

They won't be staying anyway!

GTI6BOY

why are they wrong??

EdCherry

If you put the rings on the inside, when your standing at the front you can pull them both in at the same time making it quicker to open the bonnet.

All though there isnt exactly a right and wrong way, this is just a solution to a problem.