• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Malc

SOLD IT............

After 5 1/2 years of 205 ownership, I finally let go and sold the old girl.

What to buy now????

pugdamo

Had the gti drivers door wiped out by a reversing taxi........again! That makes three times in my ownership that this car has been hit enough to require new panels. Each time it's been parked and twice by taxis.

Don't know if I can face repairing it again or whether to admit defeat and let it go.

That's not good at all mate, have you got all the panels to repair it? Don't give up, it's got to be repaired to sell it and get a decent price so you may as well just repair it and keep it.

steve@cornwall

I've got the parts....even the paint. Just not the time and not sure if I have the inclination. Guy from the taxi firm says he's been looking for one to buy and if he bought it as is he could avoid insurance claim. May just see what he offers.

Thijs_Rallye

I've done quite a lot the last few days. Finally spooned in the engine, had a good fight with the 4-2-1 manifold (and having to re- heatwrap it partially because of that fight :P). Assembled the freshly painted calipers (TRW 57mm ones and Bendix rear ones) with new seals, pistons and guides, assembled them to the car, fitted the Goodridge braided hoses, fitted my new CuNiFer lines, fixed / replaced numerous corroded contacts and wires, fitted my Quaife ATB, got my Zeitronix wideband going and much much more.

From what I thought what would take me a few weeks changed to 4 (almost 5) months. Almost ready for the Dutch APK (MOT) now, just need to receive and assembly my new tyres and then it should be sorted to the point that she is finally driveable again :D:D.

I still have to replace the coolant header tank, which had dried out due to the heat from the exhaust through the year, and assembling it was probably the final straw that broke the tank. But all in all finally some progress, she runs :D.

• Like 1

Gaz205

Taken the car for its air fuel ratio set up and I cannot believe the transformation

Thijs_Rallye

Replaced all the instrument cluster lights. For some reason the low brake fluid warning doesn't cooperate, but hey, it's a 205 so I guess it's normal nothing ever works the first time :P.

Also cleaned the wheels and removed the balancing weights. I've managed to find extra thin ones (2.8 mm) so I hope those will clear the 306 calipers. Now only to wait on my new Michelin tires, can't wait to throw them on!

steve@cornwall

First coat of paint on replacement door. Here we go again.!

• Like 1

pugdamo

First coat of paint on replacement door. Here we go again.!

Good on you, weather looks OK this week aswell so hopefully that doesn't play against you.

toolie72

Motd it!!!! Yippee

Aye ok it was a retest

All it cost was a front wheel bearing and the use of my left index finger (mashed it-no picking nose for a while)

• Like 1

dobboy

Bought a Q3 family mobile last week.

Sold Mini2 today.

Considering selling my JCW and 205 to replace them with a newer Mini GP2. ????

Thijs_Rallye

Received and fitted my new Michelin tires yesterday. Almost done now!

Simes

Got the spare wheel/tyre repaired.

Re-attached the spare wheel.

changingman

Just checked oil and water and for bits that may have fallen off during yesterday's track day , everything is groovy! !!

barneys66

Technically it was Sunday, but took the Autosolo class win and ninth overall. Top 10 was nice and close considering it was over 20 tests.

I clipped a cone on the first test which cost me 5 seconds, but then a clean sheet thereafter.

35872106154_de2831be97_k.jpg

35872068654_9d0a4cf306_k.jpg

• Like 4

Thijs_Rallye

Finally she's on her wheels again :D. The horn decided to stop working (again!), but after messing about with the wiring it was "fixed" again. I'll have to look in to it more closely but for the time being it works and it should be able to pass the APK (MOT) over here.

Torqued up the hubs (had to lend a torque wrench capable of 300+ Nm), fitted the wheels, fitted the airbox (which was a challenge with a spaghetti), fitted the strutbrace, fitted washer fluid tank, fixed the number plate lights (loose contacts galore), and fitted most of upper halve of the dashboard.

Made my first illegal testrun down the street and the engine seems to pull well with the catcam camshaft with unmodified managment (4900365 with standard motronic 1.3 for the ones interested). Couldn't actually load it completely because the engine was cold but the first impressions are good.

It brakes nicely in a straight line, although I still have to brake of a lot of rust which has accumulated due to the disks being in storage for a while.

All in all finally some progress!

Edited by Thijs_Rallye
  • Like 1

jackherer

Technically it was Sunday, but took the Autosolo class win and ninth overall. Top 10 was nice and close considering it was over 20 tests.

Nice one, congratulations!

What's the difference between A1 and A2?

barneys66

Nice one, congratulations!

What's the difference between A1 and A2?

Thanks! Autosolo Classes are defined as follows;

A1 Production saloons/estates/4 seater coupes up to 1400cc

A2 Production saloons/estates/4 seater coupes 1401cc and over

B Production (open and fixed roof) 2 seater sports cars

C Low volume sports cars, kit cars - Caterhams, Westfields, Ginettas

• Like 1

Thijs_Rallye

Passed the mot with no remarks at all! Re-registered the car immediately afterward, had it aligned after the mot and finally thrashed about a little. Filled her up with petrol at the petrol station to discover a massive fuel leak somewhere at the tank. I think the top breather hose must have slipped off somewhere during assembly. 205s gonna 205. Lucky the tank wasn't full at the mot :P.

ScoobyJawa

Two days of hard graft! Snow foam, wash, dry, machine polish, sonax xtreme protect and shine and a full going over with Plasticare trim dye later and she looks like the below. When the suns out Sorrento Green is epic :)

IMG_6774.jpg IMG_6777.jpg

• Like 1

jeremy

I can now legitimately post in this section. I replaced the faulty fuel pump including the housing due to it corroding and starting to melt. Put new battery in turned key and poured fuel all over the engine as forgot to put the pipe back onto the injector rail doh! Reconnected it mopped up all the fuel and try again... and buxxer me it only blxxdy ran. So after basically sitting on my drive for about 8 years the work commences. Oh the joys of 205 ownership getting dirty, swearing, and hopefully having fun!

• Like 1

jackherer

You should post some photos of your old fuel pump Jeremy, I've never seen anything like it before!

jeremy

I know I know, I'm just too lazy!

toolie72

I drove mine back from town with it sounding like a spitfire/cement mixer combo!!!! Yeaaaaah

Pooped up plugs, cleaned them up, ok

NB put ordinary unleaded in it the other week as that's all there was-it really doesn't like it-snob

• Like 1

Robbiedundy

Patched the inner wing in an attempt to get it back on the road, feel free to slate my welding, might make me try harder next time. A few of the spots didn't penetrate properly, think it was my lack of prep

20170827_143707_zpshk2alawx.jpg

Hopefully get it motd in the next couple weeks for the first time in 10 years :)

• Like 1

toolie72

Is that the silver one? You keep moving it a few feet at a time so I can't see it!