• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

Simes

Had to push it off the drive as the starter motor isn't working. That will be a little job to sort. Certainly cheaper than the dual mass flywheel I've just had replaced.

Then drove it to my father in laws where it will live in his garage, whilst we holiday for the next month.

JamPug

Fitted my braided brake lines and bleed the system. Nearly ready for mot now once I fill the gearbox with oil ????

toolie72

Took it down A9 to rothiemurcus, had a nice day, took it back on the old A9 (much more fun!)

Car never missed a beat

Got home-aaah don't you love the smell of hot oil?

Wait a minute-it's pissing off the drivers mudflap!!! PANTS!!

Coming from low down-I'm thinking sump or crankseal-drivers wheel arch etc clarted

Bolox to it, I'll look tomorrow

speno

Took her for spin to the local show

post-20355-0-51044600-1500835137_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

toolie72

Washed the above oil from engine, driveshaft,wheelarch,strut

Would have been quicker spraying oil on the dry bits!!!

Took lower belt covers off-no sign of a leak

Hohum-run it and keep checking I suppose (bet you if I visit the old boy it'll waz all over his drive)

Gaz205

Put some £10 halfrauds speakers in and wired up the goodmans 80w powerhouse!

We have tin and bass....

• Like 1

jeremy

Well I can't believe I can actually put something in this thread. Yesterday I loaded my car onto a trailer and took it to my Mums down the road, and today I gave it a wash and put it in her garage. Sadly it doesn't want to start though however if I hadn't been used in 8 years i think I'd be dead too!

steve@cornwall

Took it down A9 to rothiemurcus, had a nice day, took it back on the old A9 (much more fun!)

Car never missed a beat

Got home-aaah don't you love the smell of hot oil?

Wait a minute-it's pissing off the drivers mudflap!!! PANTS!!

Coming from low down-I'm thinking sump or crankseal-drivers wheel arch etc clarted

Bolox to it, I'll look tomorrow

Check oil pressure senders in front of engine

toolie72

Check oil pressure senders in front of engine

Looking more and more like sump-moving car at speed in the wet (surprise) pushed it everywhere (I think)

Today's adventure after work-cutting rear of sill out and finding rot on inner sill and more hidden behind about half an inch of seam sealer at sill end/wheel splash area

Yippee

Wonder what I'll be doing after work tomorrow night

• Like 1

JamPug

Went to get the gti retested again after it failed on the handbrake again and after being on the rollers and comfirming the handbrake was fine, it burst a rear wheel cyclinder ???? Drums off again ????

• Like 1

JamPug

Went to get the gti retested again after it failed on the handbrake again and after being on the rollers and comfirming the handbrake was fine, it burst a rear wheel cyclinder ???? Drums off again ????

Update on this, my 205 has previously been fitted with the wrong width brake shoes which meant the was enough play where it could move side to the side of the wheel cyclinder and the piston could come out altogether. Quite happy this happened on the mot brake tester, rather then on a spirited drive on a back road. The other worring part is it's been like that for the past 2 years of ownership. ????

jackherer

When I read your post yesterday I thought it's always good when they go on the MOT rollers rather than the road but that just confirms it. The brake test is probably the most valid part of the MOT in my mind, it's certainly better than checking the washer fluid is topped up.

Luke

Changed the cambelt and water pump. My first time doing one so feeling proud of myself!

The only odd thing, it's the spring loaded set up but the pump I took off had the extra bit of metal to cover part of the belt. Does this mean the last person to change it used the wrong pump or were there some hybrids with the old tensioner and the new pump?

The plastic cover doesn't look like it's been cut to fit the wrong pump.

woodymi16

Fitted a set of DS3000 front pads, eyes nearly popped out on the road test!

welshpug

wait till they bed in and get some heat in them on sticky tyres :D

AlexRS2782

Took it for a run round the block, and topped up the petrol, in advance of giving it a long run next week.

Got home and remembered I'd forgotten to come home via the shops like I intended, so popped back down to the local Waitrose, but in my other car. Ended up parking next to a D plate 205 XS - always the way - find / spot another 205 when you're not in your own :(

Alan_M

Picked up a sunroof to replace the trackcar 'plate'.

dobboy

Took it out for a spin as it's a nice night and I've been legal and it's not turned a wheel for 4 or 5 weeks.

First incident was going over what I think was the tail light debris off a lorry that was shattered on the road, at high speed. Cringe

Second incident was pulling up behind an animal transporter lorry and getting absolutely showered in cow/sheep pish and s*it. What a feckin mess, I could hardly see out the window. I think the cnut must have hit the "flush" button when I came up behind him!

Pulled into a garage and gave it a quick blast with a car wash gun.

• Like 1

AlexRS2782

Discovered that I'd won an eBay auction for a single 205 Speedline alloy, that I'd managed to forget I'd bid on a few days ago :lol: Thankfully it's fairly local for collection tomorrow and not the other end of the country :lol: Still, not bad for £10 and it's in decent condition apart from some light kerbing.

Either way that's another alloy added to the ever growing collection in the garage for refurbishment (at some point)

jeremy

Jackherer kindly came over to help diagnose my starting issue. Sadly he confirmed my suspicion of a duff fuel pump, however part of the pump housing had started to turn to a softish tar looking substance, not good. So fingers crossed he has a spare and we will give it another go at getting it to start. Thanks again.

Edited by jeremy

matt g

Got mine running. Finally.

Mot on the weekend. Fingers crossed

matt g

Dived out of work early. Mot passed only one advisory. Yay

• Like 1

Simes

Got it out of the garage after a month away.

steve@cornwall

Had the gti drivers door wiped out by a reversing taxi........again! That makes three times in my ownership that this car has been hit enough to require new panels. Each time it's been parked and twice by taxis.

Don't know if I can face repairing it again or whether to admit defeat and let it go.

Gaz205

Don't give in, if you had a ford mondeo estate and parked It there the taxi would have hit that too. Wrong place wrong time. Get a good settlement from the driver and get hunting for a good door ????