• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

3D Printing 205 Parts

DC2T

Yeh i can do any size, id just have to redraw it maybe depending on how well it scales. Im not sure what size the GTI 16 one is supposed to be however so i made it the size of the picture, which came out as 94.25 long x 13.35 wide. I also made it alot thicker at 2mm thick with a furth 2mm raised lettering. If you tell me the size you'd want i can make it specifically for that. I got the black filament through aswell but its posing a bit of a problem getting it to print at the moment, itll only be tweaking the settings so shouldnt take too long to sort out

Edited by DC2T

dch1950

The point raised about copyright relating to components and/or identifying trademarks is an interesting one. Patents are only for inventions.

In general intellectual property rights to things like badges etc. will remain with Peugeot.

I found this out when I wished to use an embroidered copy of the Rallye "flamme". I had to apply to Peugeot to use it , defining my specific use needs and they granted me permission to do so. I would never assume that they don't give a s**t.

This is a great thread though - I can already see my new mould formers being printed........ Well maybe sometime in the future.

regards

Dave

DC2T

Ill email them and see what they say, ive also re printed the badge with support after the terrible first incarnation of it which has turned out really well i feel. It basically prints a tiny forest of supports underneath to give the top levels a base to print on, each point of contact is about 0.5 mm so is easily broken off with some pliers, 1 step closer to oem fitment i guess. I may even supply with an adhesive back aswell as the washers if i can get them

20140322_082555_zps38c11ea9.jpg

20140322_082607_zps694d5807.jpg

im gonna attempt a black print later today if i can iron out the problems with the extruder, i could always paint the blue ones too i suppose with a black base coat with red letters if i cant print in black. But ill address that issue when i come to it i guess

Edited by DC2T

Edp

It gets better and better.

Are rear quarter badges out of the question?

DC2T

Not at all mate, i just dont have any so i cant model it at the moment. If someone has a spare set and would be kind enough to lend me them for a few days thatd be great ;)

The same criteria would apply though, i can cut into or extrude any design out of the face so you wouldnt need any vinyl or anything to go on them, theyd be a finished piece straight away. And any design can be done from the standard 1.6/1.9 gti to turbo badges, supercharged or custom engine sizes etc. Literally anything

DC2T

I tell you what ill model some tonight to give you an idea but obviously the size wont be correct

S@m

I've been watching this with interest - very impressed with the results so far.

DC2T

Cheers bud

DC2T

RearQuarter_zpscbe05dca.png

RearQuarter2_zps1e7d07af.png

Its printing now :D

Roon

Licence to print money comes to mind! Fantastic resuilts so far

GLPoomobile

I can see the value of genuine new old stock, and good used badges plummeting as a result of this :lol: And the LOL smiley is because it will stick two fingers up at some of the greedy eBay merchants.

But I'll say this...........thank F I sold my GTI16 badge a while back and got back what I paid for it :lol:

DC2T

Ill make sure to sell my mi16 badge first lol then throw a few of these out there

anyway, heres draft no. 1

20140322_214119_zps86e29d63.jpg

20140322_214251_zps6a4890da.jpg

20140323_071838_zps0237fe64.jpg

20140323_082058_zps42672dd5.jpg

It cant certainly be done better, i just need to play with the settings. A 15mm/s bed layer and much slower top layer should be as perfect as it will come out i think, the sides etc came out pretty good as did the gti indent. 7/10 id say

welshpug

I dont think the value will change, but the extortionatr prices will :D

farmer

You will always have a certain category of owners that will want genuine Peugeot.

They would class the above as pattern parts, even though it is very good.

farmer

The point raised about copyright relating to components and/or identifying trademarks is an interesting one. Patents are only for inventions.

In general intellectual property rights to things like badges etc. will remain with Peugeot.

I found this out when I wished to use an embroidered copy of the Rallye "flamme". I had to apply to Peugeot to use it , defining my specific use needs and they granted me permission to do so. I would never assume that they don't give a s**t.

This is a great thread though - I can already see my new mould formers being printed........ Well maybe sometime in the future.

regards

Dave

Trust me if they did care they would take the old parts back from the dealers, once there sold the hands are washed clean.

joshsnoad

damn this thread, its just made me impulse buy a 3d printer on the credit card. problem is i have to wait till june for delivery!!

btw good work james it all looks awesome!

DC2T

Which one did you go for? Yeh theyre a long wait on some

Ballyafb

LOVE 3D PRINTING!!

I am doing it as my dissertation project "Can 3D printing become a viable manufacturing method for producing usable final parts in Motorsport, as opposed to just prototypes?'.

I have been researching 3D printing for 9 months to get enough information.... To the point that I hopefully have a 3D designing and printing job in June !!

I also use SolidWorks (would offer my help but you seem to have it down). Very glad this topic started.

If anyone is able to, can they answer my questionnaire please (it is for my degree in Motorsport Engineering from Bath University).

https://www.quicksurveys.com/s/Ns45B

I will PM some people too who have said they do this as a job. Might need an interview from you too ;)

Lover 3D printing and have so much excitement for the potential. Keep me posted!

DC2T

Done mate

joshsnoad

Gone for the CEL Robox, british made and is winning a lot of awards for innovation. hopefully will be good cos i don't think they have shipped any yet. any tips on getting started?

DC2T

Levelling the buildplate was pretty crucial but other than that not really. As each printer has diffeerent extruders etc this will make the filament react differently, what works on mine may not work on yours etc. Id advise you to join some 3d print forums etc for some community knowledge, if they have their own thats even better :) once you get it, print things and tweak settings until it does what you need and remember the settings for future use. Adapt the knowledge you have for future scenarios etc once you know what youre looking at with regards to things like underextrusion, if it under extrudes its likely going too quickly. Basically just do as much research as you can so you know whats happening when it arrives

also totally check out thingiverse.com for models created by other users, from daft trinkets to functional parts all free for you to use. There will be things that will just make you think "i need that, why havent i thought of it before" etc. Best thing ive made so far was a little spring clakp thing that allows you to clip chopsticks in an use them like tweezers without needing to know how to hold them correctly lol. Something so simple but mind was blown at how amazing they are lol

Edited by DC2T

joshsnoad

thnaks for the advise, luckily it has a self levelling base so will hopefully be alright for that out the box. Will defiantly check out the forums and try and get my head round it all before it arrives. Can't wait to get it now!

Jez G

It's not just for the stuff you can't get any more. I printed this off before I committed to cutting metal for my Lotus brake conversion.

post-7026-0-38730200-1395590593_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

cybernck

"13 hours left..."?

How much power does the printer consume? ;)

DC2T

thats what i originally bought it for jez, to prototype the engine mounts im gonna use before i machine them from billet or fabricate them

Not alot nick but i cant give you any figures im afraid