• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

3D Printing 205 Parts

Slo

Gearknob next blow the greedy people out of the water ;)

• Like 1

Daviewonder

Quick everyone get your OE badges on ebay before they become worthless!

Looks pretty good. How much would it cost to make?

• Like 1

DC2T

Black filament is 24p per metre and for that size badge i made which was 94.2 wide by 13.5 and 4mm high works out as 0.71metres, so for that badge it cost 17.04p worth of plastic lol

• Like 2

Slo

Needs finishing though and painting too all time consuming, the world is your oyster on pricing

DC2T

The finish is actually really good, theres a little trimming to do on the edges but other than that theres not much. And yeh a pot of paint too ;)

Ill try and pick some paint up tomorrow to paint the tops and ill post some more pics. Ill try and draw up the side bar things too

notamondayfan

Looks good to me too. What printer are you using by the way?

Also the gti16 badge looks a lot more accurate than some of the other items you showed, like the turbo where it had eneven edges, and on others you could really see the layering. Is this down to an accurate model, or print settings, or just that the badge is simply an extrusion on a box?

Dean

DC2T

im using an ultimaker 2, theres alot of things that can affect it yeh. print speed is a big factor for things like the little gaps or air bubble like things, layer height affects its finish in the Z axis only really. And yes the model accuracy and overall quality affect the print too, as it will print pretty much exactly what youve modelled. The only thing ive noticed and i think its down to solidworks and how it makes the print file is that a circle is not a true circle but lots of straight lines that becone apparent the larger the diameter you print, from other models ive done though which arnt modelled in solidworks they have came out round. The fact that the badge is literally just building up in the Z on top of the other layers would help too id imagine aswell, its a bit of trial and error until you get a finish you like really, for something like this finish is important where as if i made a prototype part like an engine mount then the finish wouldnt matter as much as the fit. The turbine wheel was printed at a fast setting but still came out ok, i think it was like 8-10 hours though for that size, if you did it slower it would come out alot better indeed. I may set another away tonight and see the difference tomorrow

dch1950

That is neat.

DC2T

Well i found my mi badge, and its still in mint condition. So ill take some sizes and make a model when i get home and post some pics

20140317_114318_zps30f72c19.jpg

Edited by DC2T
  • Like 1

welshpug

Excellent, I believe that's the earlier phase1 type, the later phase2 is closer spaced and sharper, must have a look at mine soon.

ALEX

We'll have to set a community Cad Dump for 205 bits. One day we might even have enough parts to replicate the whole car! :D

If I ever get time I'd happily model up various 205 parts for free. But I wonder how long it would take before Peugeot threatened us with legal action.

DC2T

Mi16_zps76df65e9.png

Heres the Mi 16 badge

Alex if you model anything you need printed let me know and we'll see what we can do :)

As for a getting sued, cant anyone make the part just not call it an OEM part? or do you need permission from peugeot first? as its a discontinued item

Edited by DC2T

DC2T

Ok print file has been created, and will be printed in 1 hour. In the mean time ill model the same badge with the rear pins on and print it from the front up over and see what that comes out like

DC2T

20140317_173020_zpsb96a3596.jpg
20140317_172918_zps62c7218b.jpg

and.....there it is

Edp

Great job! That is very cool.

I'd like to see how a blank rear quarter badge would come out. We have someone making decals for them so just need someone to make the badges :)

DC2T

i could incorporate the badge itself into the panel mate, just recess it in say 0.25 and fill in with paint :)

Ive got dimma arches over mine so i dont have any at hand that i can draw up as a test, if anyone has one they could send me for some sizes it would be great :P

Edited by DC2T

DC2T

20140317_214231_zps92d59e16.jpg

a rallye one i just did too, duno if these were actual badges or not?

• Like 1

Slo

Very nice get em on ebay france you'll be minted :lol:

DC2T

Tell me more lol

Slo

Quite impressed with that one :) you can see why the machines are expensive to buy and also see the potential for it to pay for itself very quickly when you can do neat stuff like this

DC2T

Certainly mate, i tried one with the pegs and it was a disaster lol. I can try again and build in some supports around the lettering so ill give it another go, if it doesnt work a bit of double sided tape should do the trick. Im gonna paint them up tomorrow with a bit of luck with some peugeot cherry red, if they come out ok i buy some black filament and do it with those and if they work ill knock a load out. I might even make some as keyrings or something too if there was interest. just done a bit dressing up here at work but to be honest theres not alot to dress really so should be ready to paint as soo as theyre printed.

Are there anymore badges people would want? Either as that or different ones?

Edited by DC2T

cybernck

Wow, seriously amazing!

I'm getting all sorts of ideas now, LOL.

DC2T

Dave pmed me earlier about a turbo one, ill do it when i get in with the 205 t16 font

ideas are good mate, throw them out there :D

MadCommuter

These look great and show what is and what will be possible. It's very encouraging. If it narks Peugeot off they can just start up a heritage division themselves!

• Like 1