• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ALEX

3D Printing 205 Parts

DC2T

Finally got round to this, been polishing it for the last few hours and its coming up nicely. I dont have an original to fompare but from photos it definately seems thinner at the point it meets the stick. Ill upload more photos later but my phones being a helmet right now

tmp_26408-20151018_112127-426855461_zpsi

Edited by DC2T
  • Like 1

welshpug

the knobs do have a larger bore before the actual place it fits to the stick to allow the lift up reverse collar to come up.

DC2T

tmp_26408-20151018_112155-2121203936_zps

tmp_26408-20151018_112202337147315_zpsxd

tmp_26408-20151018_112210-837555562_zpsd

• Like 1

ALEX

The .sldprt knob file wouldn't need much work to get a closer match. I noticed there was no dimension for the 2 loft sketches and were dragged to shape by eye. The trainee who did it only had a little bit of experience using Solidworks so not a bad effort though.

I was going to rework it after seeing the one Dean gave me, but ive moved jobs and now use Inventor instead.

struggling to get to grips doing basic stuff with it at the moment. It makes me wish for one international standard in the naming of functions and buttons for all 3D CAD software.

hoodygoodwood

Hi , I am currently building a road going replica of a Peugeot 309 turbo Cup race car from 1988 ( see my forum pic ), I was going to just badge it a 309 but wondered if you could make 3 badges for me . 309 , Turbo , Cup - all done in the usual Peugeot style and size . If they were done in black I could finish them myself and spray them satin black then do the raised letters in red or silver .I already have a standard 309 badge but it would be useful to have the 3 matching exactly , the Turbo badge shown earlier in this post is perfect .Let me know if its possible and costs etc , thanks .

notamondayfan

Miles, if you provide the line work / CAD / illustrator files / others, I can turn this into 3D and print for £5 per item + postage.

I only print in white though, but they're easily sprayed.

Dean

Edited by notamondayfan

DC2T

Hi , I am currently building a road going replica of a Peugeot 309 turbo Cup race car from 1988 ( see my forum pic ), I was going to just badge it a 309 but wondered if you could make 3 badges for me . 309 , Turbo , Cup - all done in the usual Peugeot style and size . If they were done in black I could finish them myself and spray them satin black then do the raised letters in red or silver .I already have a standard 309 badge but it would be useful to have the 3 matching exactly , the Turbo badge shown earlier in this post is perfect .Let me know if its possible and costs etc , thanks .

Im sure they can be drawn up easy enough certainly

hoodygoodwood

Thanks for your offer , I would like all 3 badges made but I have no idea how to get the drawings done , if anyone could help I would appreciate it . 3D printing them in white would be fine , I would hand finish them then spray them black .

hoodygoodwood

I have just measured up my existing 309 badge , the base is 27.5mm high and the letters are 22mm high , the base is 1.45mm thick with the badge 3.1mm thick overall .Would still like a 'Turbo' and 'Cup' badge 3d printed to similar dimensions so they match , PM's sent .

205freak

Why not 3d print dashboards, doorcards, badges....

welshpug

badges are feasible, doorcards aren't, theyre a fabric or faux leather covered piece of hardboard, dashboards would be better formed by vacuum.

hoodygoodwood

Would still be interested in a 'Turbo' badge as seen earlier in this post , also a 'Cup' badge in the same style would be great .If someone has made one I would like to buy it , I would be happy to finish and paint them myself .

ALEX

Old thread I thought I'd resurrect.

Because I finally just bought myself a 3D printer for the whole sum of £99!

I didn't expect impressive results from it but it certainly produces items that could replace broken 205 bits like clips and other plastics.

Just need to find the time now to start modelling things up now... No more been screwed over paying OTT prices for the odd clip from Peugeot anymore.

• Like 1