• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Juttie205

[Car_Restoration] Dimma Restoration

woodymi16

Looks stunning keep the updates coming.

Juttie205

Managed to do some smaller jobs on car interior allmost complete just got lower dash to finish and my remote central locking wiring and door internals and seats will be finished end of march.

Going away with work for 3 weeks soon so engine pencilled in to be fitted on my return.

20160205_125223_zpsghrayapt.jpg

20160205_125228_zpsz7mtcsqw.jpg

20160205_125228_zpsz7mtcsqw.jpg

20160205_125333_zpsvg1hf2kz.jpg

20160205_125340_zpsfynmez7j.jpg

20160205_125308_zpspwjbtqy5.jpg

• Like 2

Reebmit

Looking really nice Justin, well worth all the effort and that colour so..... works.. ☺

Andy

An absolutely remarkable rebuild to a better than new standard.I am deeply impressed and somewhat envious. I imagine you have spent a few pounds on it! I have stripped my car to a bare shell and is due to go to the body shop in late March. Following your build has given me some ideas. Your standards of preparation and attention to detail are absolutely superb. Well done,,

Andy

• Like 1

Juttie205

Thank you andy for the kind words its certainly not been a cheap project and I wont lie during my illness I lost interest in it abit and did wonder if i would complete it but now I have got back on it and can now see the end especially after I dropped the interior of at the trimmers which is last big piece of the puzzle i cannot wait to get it finished and drive it for the first time.

johniban

Not sure if ive missed it but why is there a long thread coming out the center of the front wheels?

Juttie205

They were just putting pressure on the bearings as i pushed it about they are now removed ready for driveshafts.

johniban

Wheels are stunning! ive only just noticed you have no door locks?

Juttie205

No Door locks was not intensional it came about as my original doors were in to bad a state to be repaired so i got offered a mint pair of doors of facebook so got them sent straight to bodyshop they prepped and painted and wasn't until i got it home i noticed they was not there even the bodyshop didnt twig when prepping them. But as it happens i really like the look without them.

Juttie205

Engine and gearbox going in when I get back from work in a week or so seats been dropped off at trimmers have changed my idea with the seats but all will be revealed soon.

David1982

Looks the bollocks pal!!

Juttie205

Had a couple of constructive days and have got all dash now fitted and door glass is all fitted front and rear windscreens being fitted tomorrow. I have managed to get engine fitted and gear links fitted and driveshafts in as well will start to fit all pipes and wiring loom over next few days.

20160311_163506_zpsm1ynture.jpg

20160311_155003_zpsfkxnanih.jpg

20160313_092223_zpszykqlkvf.jpg

20160313_092235_zpsbr7ocdmc.jpg

20160313_092753_zpsxjeur9p7.jpg

20160313_150216_zpslczssyrh.jpg

20160313_150209_zpsgxzyyhdb.jpg

20160313_150155_zpsgsskoo4v.jpg

20160310_161458_zpsvx5okyn7.jpg

welshpug

you're missing a washer on the transmission mounting.

allye

Looking amazing!

I want to know, did you give the gear stick a good wobble and put it into gear!?

Juttie205

yep checked all gears and all gd.

Juttie205

Another constructive day had new front and rear screens fitted, managed to find where all of the pipes go in the engine bay so now just got to tighten them up connected all wiring up just waiting for a new reverse sensor and that will be all complete. I also got the new oil cooler and rad fitted to the housing all going well and fingers crossed will be going for a start on the engine in next week or so just got to get oil and few other bits then I should just be waiting for the interior to come back.

20160314_121743_zpsbtnkkywz.jpg

20160314_175553_zpswkpoebit.jpg

20160314_173658_zpsjvdvcqx5.jpg

20160314_175441_zpsf0c9awrs.jpg

20160314_181351_zpsazg89coq.jpg

20160314_181400_zpsqtrsnvzo.jpg

allye

Looking good.

Out of interest who did the screen and did your front screen come with a new seal?

The only leak I have on the van is the windscreen so am going to replace it. Thanks!

Juttie205

awg windscreens did the screen i supplied genuine new front and rear seals

• Like 1

jord294

Did you manage to get bronzed Justin?

DBG

Looking awesome!

welshpug

fitted that washer yet?

farmer

Not take the hint Mei, he's not bothered about your petulant comments about a washer !

Sad individual

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Only one person with a problem here. I warned you some time ago about having digs at Mei. It seems he has enough self control to not do so. Persuade me why I should not suspend your account as I previously stated I would do on repeat of this?

• Like 2