• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Juttie205

[Car_Restoration] Dimma Restoration

Juttie205

Seats are not going black and blue and i dont like mirrors colour coded so will staying black.

• Like 1

Juttie205

I agree about the indicators im glad i went back to the orange ones look so much nicer than the clear.

large

Liking the work so far but I have a question.

Given the amount of work gone into this project would you not have to take it for some sort of vosa check to get the car registered?

Juttie205

nope as it keeps it original registration as it was a unregistered shell all been confirmed by dvla so all good.

large

Happy days

Happy days

speno

makes me die all the negatives why scrap shell if treated and repair correctly will be fine.Too many shells get scrapped when all they need is some tlc its a geniune dimma and I wish to keep it that way as reshelling will make it non geniune and that means something to me. Im not doing this to make money its a project that will be done over many years.

# Awkward

• Like 8

Juttie205

Few small jobs done again and car will be off to garage soon to be set up and tuned then get a mot.

Edited by Juttie205

borufus

makes me die all the negatives why scrap shell if treated and repair correctly will be fine.Too many shells get scrapped when all they need is some tlc its a geniune dimma and I wish to keep it that way as reshelling will make it non geniune and that means something to me. Im not doing this to make money its a project that will be done over many years.[/quote

Well well well how interesting! #truthcomesoutintheend

Edited by borufus

David1982

Don't get the negative comments about this stunning car? Speno is is because this car is cleaner and all round a better car than yours. I'm intrigued to know? Justin I think you have done an amazing job fair play.

• Like 1

GLPoomobile

Bit pointless to drag up that old comment. Are people not allowed to change their opinions and approach in over 3 years? Everyone's circumstances change over time.

#thisainttwitter

• Like 1

Juttie205

Its because that group seem to have a problem with me for some reason and yes i changed my mind big deal its my project so will do as i please.

farmer

Been reading this over E mail the last few days

Surely the latest comments lack the decorum that I was earlier warned for?

Or is it the old pals act again?

Answers on a postcard !

I think Justin has done a good job under difficult circumstances, yes he has changed direction but surely the final product should be applauded?

Spencer, your Dimma is a nice example too but I don't think anybody is out to copy anyone on this!

I would think Justin would rather be unique and think for himself?

It does seem if you are not in with certian individuals your efforts fall short on this forum which is a pity as we all love 205's ?

This is one reason why I never bothered with a build thread either!

So overall top job Justin in my opinion

• Like 2

Juttie205

Steve what truth has come out? i have not once lied? that was posted in 2012 and my circumstances changed over the years so i went a different route big deal so maybe i cannot call it a original but genuine i can and have had that confirmed by dimma!.

guys if you have a problem with me and if my car offends you soo much come and see me at pugfest and be real men and speak to me direct as i have obviously offended you all and not be keyboard warriors.

Thanks for all the positive replies means alot bern a tough project over the years with time restraints and illness but the end is in sight so looking forward to using it soon.

Ant*k

Totally agree with you farmer and Justin.

You have spent a lot of time doing this conversion and it looks amazing you should be proud of the work you achieved.

I'll be backing Justin all the way on this coz he's done nothing wrong

As for the haters out there, just grow up and act your age your all grown men and acting like kids

speno

Farmer nice points , some of which I agree with but I don't actually think Justin has copied my car and hopefully I didn't come across like that .

pals is a strange thing tho , are we all pals ? you could say your opinion on folk on here are swayed by the fact by the amount of money they spend with you

personally I have no beef with you

Think It was Paul ( Mr fire pro ) who asked me about the dimma's about at the moment I praised Justin's build , so yes he has done a good job

Justin quoting your words there chap ,also you did also state you stood by those comments until you edited 30 mins later

Yes I will come and see you at pug fest no problem with that chap

Ant Hate is a strong word our Kid ( I don't hate anyone )

But you could say I hate putting facebook on and seeing blue Dimma's

Hence I left face book ,Hence I'm not in 'that group' what justin refers to

Hence I dont get to see all the lovely rotten cars what folk go on about

did you see what i did there Ant ;0)

farmer

Money isn't an huge issue for me, I enjoy the cars !

The deals this week, for example AX GT middle section has made me no money due to it being 2.3 metres long, it was done to help the lad out

Some like to believe it is a large gravy train but I can assure you it is not.

The satisfaction of part obtainment is above all key for me

I haven't dealt with you and happily gave praise out for your Dimma ?

Not one for even saying much about anybody's car, admiration from a sideline is more my thing, whether new parts or refurbed parts are used

Anyway back on track with resto of Justin's car and me back into the shadows

Edited by farmer
  • Like 2

speno

Money isn't an huge issue for me, I enjoy the cars !

The deals this week, for example AX GT middle section has made me no money due to it being 2.3 metres long, it was done to help the lad out

Some like to believe it is a large gravy train but I can assure you it is not.

The satisfaction of part obtainment is above all key for me

I haven't dealt with you and happily gave praise out for your Dimma ?

Not one for even saying much about anybody's car, admiration from a sideline is more my thing, whether new parts or refurbed parts are used

Anyway back on track with resto of Justin's car and me back into the shadows

I've been enjoying sourcing too parts too for this bloody 84 gti I'm driving now , its a good thrill finding the bits

The Only thing I cant see to find is the gear Knob at the moment ( I know you will be able to get one ;0) But at the moment I'm liking the challenge hence not asking you just yet ^^

farmer

The answer to that question is no

I looked quickly of course

Need to go deeper but success looks poor

speno

Bugger but I'm sure one will turn up . Or might have to go down the cad cam route

Henry Yorke

Let's get this back on topic people as it is a build thread of what started out as a restoration and turned into a recreation, but at the end of the day it has been put together meticulously and to Justins requirments, though I can understand some of the sentiments about the information overload in social media as there have been about 3 miami blue ones built at the same time with people posting lots of pictures.

The final part will be once it is MOT'd and the build is complete. Then you'll be bored.....

Juttie205

I agree i allready have a few ideas for another project oh and mines not miami.

deathbringer929

Steve what truth has come out? i have not once lied? that was posted in 2012 and my circumstances changed over the years so i went a different route big deal so maybe i cannot call it a original but genuine i can and have had that confirmed by dimma!.

guys if you have a problem with me and if my car offends you soo much come and see me at pugfest and be real men and speak to me direct as i have obviously offended you all and not be keyboard warriors.

Thanks for all the positive replies means alot bern a tough project over the years with time restraints and illness but the end is in sight so looking forward to using it soon.

Looking forward to seeing triggers broom and you at pugfest.

• Like 2

Slo

Bugger but I'm sure one will turn up . Or might have to go down the cad cam route

Knock me up some siem stands up at same time please :D

Juttie205

Finished last jobs off today then its just wait for interior to come back then get engine set up and mot so hopefully end of month will be on road.

• Like 1