• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

[car_overhaul] 205 Rallye White

Lowercase

yea, mani and down pipes on, rad and fans are in, headlights are back in, almost looks like a car now! just got to mount the fuel filter and secure the lines and put some fluids in!

was too dark for pics by the time i left.

Lowercase

it runs! it starts, it sounds epic!

no pics though as my cameras not being very nice at the moment!.

cant wait to drive the buggering thing now.

I also spent an evening titting about with some half leather recaros i got from mini gibbo ages ago and got them in on some 205 frames and treated them to some leather dye, so they look brand new now!

oh.. the high point before it throws a s*it fest again. :D

MiniGibbo

Awesome update and one I bet you've been waiting for for ages :D

Photos, videos and drive by's are a must ;)

Lowercase

ill do my best, cant get pics off the camera at the moment, so ill have to find the camera cable and try that.

and yes. so damn pleased to hear it fire up. needed a win after the s*ite week ive had.

Lowercase

oo, pictures working..

so what ive been up to most the week since being made redundant on monday... got the car back together ready for the loom to be done.

cleaned up the headlamps (genuine valeo items as it turned out!) tidied up the radiator and put the old fans back on (i have some twin fans but think ill need a gti radiator before i can fit them)

and got a lot of the brackets and washer bottles etc back in. also solved the manifold problem as it wouldnt fit properly. but a bit of kicking and swearing and it went on.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

i decided to loose the mud flaps while i was at it as i didnt like them

IMG_1137.jpg

and then after i cured the leak (i hope).. i put some more sound deadening in to make it more driver friendly

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Lowercase

carpets back in:

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

and fitted the recaros i got off minigibbo, a nob to get on the frames but, theyre in! and look brilliant

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Lowercase

but.. the end to the day, the car now runs. Colin from Pug Performance came down to sort the loom out for me as it was a mess! the guy worked his magic though and after supllying me with a nice K&N induction kit, i fired her up. idling high and no coolant yet, but, she works! couldnt be happier right now :D

IMG_1138.jpg

• Like 4

BusEngineer

Looks really great fella, coming along nicely now

johniban

hi mate i think ive spoken to you before on facebook! awesome car, im only in eastbourne, seen you driving about in this alot

Lowercase

give me a wave if you see me about mate

johniban

well by 205 is off the road but i got a little red 106 gti

Lowercase

it is alive!!! drives like a little terror! lots of fun :D i wasnt expecting much from an 8v but boy does she pull. havent reconnected the speedo yet though, so probably wasnt as fast as i thought lol

MiniGibbo

Great work again mate, last finishes touches and you can get out there enjoying it.!

Lowercase

yea. needs a damn good wash now though. covered in crud from a month sitting in the driveway.

ill have to trip up to Colin at some point and sort out the last niggly bits of wiring but yea, its driveable again at least :)

ill do bare minimum to it for now. just run it and enjoy it and see how it goes and if i get bored of the 8v power.

when i get a new job i just want to save up a couple of grand and have it restored, stripped to its birthday suit, and have the engine bay and underside taken back again and seam welded, stone chipped and painted. and while the cars having the body work done and a respray ill get a second subframe and have it blasted and powdercoated and uprate a few bits and bushes. id like a new rear beam as well fully refurbed. VTS calipers, and some new coilovers as mine are a bit naff :\

big plans i know, but i think its worth the investment as its such a rare little car. and while i save, stock pile parts, so everything is fresh and refurbed and ready to go back on the fresh shell. if im going to do it then im going to do it right, all the old off, and then all the new on, no old dirty bits are going back on this car after the shells been done. :)

johniban

keep up the good work, i dont think ive seen another one of these in this good nick

Lowercase

trust me lol. its a heap. engine bay is the tidyest part of it. hence my desire to have it all redone.

johniban

im currently stripping mine down at the moment to get rid of the rust

Lowercase

gave it a quick sponge down. still needs a polish as its got brown stains on the roof from manky leaves. and a cheeky engine bay shot :)

though i will say, goes like a stabbed rat, but the brakes might need some upgrading!

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

MiniGibbo

Looks great mate..!

should bring it round mine for a polish ;)

johniban

deffo not sure on the raised bonnet.. other than that superb work i bet your happy !

Lowercase

not sure if its mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but the raised bonnet is because the inlet manifold on the S2 engine is quite tall, so i had to stick the bonnet spacers in to get the bonnet closed - or crunch.

will try and get an auto bonnet/S1 inlet manifold when i have an income again.

Edited by DaSneakyGit

johniban

ohhh i probly missed that part!

:)

Lowercase

righto, got my magnex back box on, got the straight through pipe and manifold still to fit, but thats for another day.

also got my S1 white steelies on :D looks much better

pics over the week end.

mech205eng

where are these pics :D