• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

[car_overhaul] 205 Rallye White

Lowercase

if you have one going spare then ill definately take one off you please :)

if nothing else then i can take the gear linkage mount off it and weld it onto a gti subframe without having to take the rallye off the road .

would like to go for the set up you just listed, but will depend on whether or not i can be bothered to mess about with my gti and the shell afterwards. might get around to it once the cold weather p's off lol.

im seriously siding with breaking the vts now, so i could run gti subframe with the XS gear linkage mount, coilovers, base hubs and VTS front brakes. and then fit the VTS 16v to it.

im sure some ones told me before, but whats the actual benefit of the GTI subframe over the XS frame? if its purely just the ability to fit a lower strut brace then i wont bother, as i can just weld a strut to it.

im ever so slightly in love with this rallye too, so its winning me back to UK spec

376898_10151078363417025_84533513_n_zpsd3eb33e2.jpg

jamie_1992

the wishbones and anti roll bar set up are different, you would also need gti struts as the anti roll bar bolts to them but i assume you have all this anyway

Lowercase

the wishbones and anti roll bar set up are different, you would also need gti struts as the anti roll bar bolts to them but i assume you have all this anyway

yea i can steal them off my gti shell. let me know when your about and ill try get down to you and pinch a subframe off you. you want anything for it?

allye

It doesn't!

That's GTI6boy's old Rallye isn't it? Used to have a 270bhp TB'd GTI6 engine in it, now has a highly tuned 106GTI/VTS engine. Was also mag features.

Lowercase

yea Nick Owens one. gorgeous car.got the mag on the desk next to me :P

believe he's rolling in a yellow rallye nowadays, well last i spoke to colin S anyway.

im just looking on kam racings site and trying to tot up a budget for my front subframe build up.

going to use baker bm group n top strut rubbers as i liked the engine mounts i got from them, so ill stick to group n stuff.

as for the arb bushes and wishbone bushes, do i want 22mm and how do people rate powerflex stuff, up to task?

MiniGibbo

Can't go wrong with bbm stuff, got a full engine kit and gearbox kit ready to go on when the engine goes in.

johniban

i could probly do your mot for you :)

Lowercase

that would be good, its due in a month or so mate.

jamie_1992

yea i can steal them off my gti shell. let me know when your about and ill try get down to you and pinch a subframe off you. you want anything for it?

just give me a box of bulmers lol

will prob be about this weekend

Lowercase
had a few hours of daylight left after fixing my blowing exhaust today, so met up with my mate for a sunday drive over the forest :) heres how my two best pics came out after a bit of puter tinkering.

ada80df8-b595-40e6-a015-d23ec84c6443_zps2b886ebc.jpg

3e60e14e-eec6-4f57-b073-05ace8e2fc20_zps73081955.jpg

kee

everytime I see this it makkes me glad to think I'm keeping hold of my rallye, but makes me want to get it lowered pronto!

• Like 1

Lowercase

so, i had a day free and the sun was shining so i thought i'd spend it getting some jobs done on the pug.

starting with taking the carpets back out, and just as well as this is what i found:

DSCN1953_zps5bc9f4dc.jpg

looks like i still have a leak from somewhere...

all cleaned up though for now :)

i then decided to get the dash out - a job ive been putting off all winter- so i could remove the last of the soundproofing and make way for the dash from my gti shell.

DSCN1957_zps5e687ee3.jpg

i then removed the heater unit and pulled the last of the heavy sound deadening off.

DSCN1959_zps20f675bc.jpg

saved a lot of weight with all this s*ite out the car. so seriously thinking about hollowing out the dash to save weight and finding a heated windscreen.

DSCN1961_zpsb858a077.jpg

...i got a bit carried away at this point and started cutting out the roll cage as i was never happy with it. took a while but i got there and just in time as the metal underneath the mounts was in a bad way.

DSCN1966_zps2a9b932c.jpg

bye bye roll cage!

DSCN1965_zps43f50689.jpg

dusted some primer over it and hoovered up all the cack and got the car into sum kind of driveable condition. feels so much lighter after all thats out :D

DSCN1972_zps40813749.jpg

MiniGibbo

Not an easy task the dash.. I remember that

Job well haha

allye

Taking it out is easy. Putting it back in is another thing!

• Like 1

Lowercase

i actually had it out pretty fast. had the print out with me - and a few beers so wasnt too bad.

yea allye! not looking forward to getting one back in and trying to clip all the wires in at the same time.

wish i had my own mig gear though, could seam weld all that bit and get some paint on it before putting all the dash back in. going to be a bit arse about face but hey.

johniban

wana sell me the roll cage? :)

johniban

nice to meet you today fella! top work on the 205 it looks lovely in person!

let me know if you have trouble moting it.

i got the cage in already haha just need to get some tube :)

A6F163AF-1DDF-4AEF-8918-5F1465080C0D-3284-000001721273DFB9_zpse1ccc869.jpg

Edited by johniban
  • Like 1

Lowercase

paid a trip to jamies place - nice sunny drive in the country, and collected some xs seats and a subframe.

SAM_3150_zpsf8cbf536.jpg

SAM_3149_zpsf1c949fd.jpg

a bit tatty, but i was mostly after a tidy rear bench and some seats to get me through the MOT. and for £20 i couldnt refuse.

but i knew i wasnt going to get the mrs to go in the car as they were so i stripped the covers off and put them in the washing machine for a good clean.

i also decied to give my carpet a proper wash.

SAM_3152_zps53c2bdb8.jpg

came up really well, so i refitted it and some more trim - trying to get some crap out the garage.

SAM_3157_zps6c78c8dd.jpg

SAM_3158_zpsb019fdb1.jpg

SAM_3160_zps95f144d3.jpg

proper under bonnet update coming soon :)

jamie_1992

seats look much better

MiniGibbo

oem interior looks better but I do believe you should of got black and red gti seats like mine :/

Lowercase

yea would have been my first choice but jamies just down the road so i thought meh lol. who knows if they'll stay in the car, i change my mind every two minutes with what i want this car to be. oem, stripped out track car, euro rallye spec, uk rallye round and round... i find it a bit limiting though, in that i can't really put my own stamp on it, which is what i enjoy most about building cars - and im an OCD polish freak lol and you cant polish white to a deep shine. .

contemplating finding a non sunny 3 door base model shell to strip and drop down to my mates workshop for a refresh. then i can keep the rallye as my daily and put my new subframes and what not on the base model. fresh paint and fresh parts. maybe fit my 1.6 gti engine to it or stick my S2 engine into it once ive finished building it up in the rallye.

I've just got an S1 rallye inlet manifold and throttle body so thats next to go on, and im back in work now so hopefully next month i can get a 4-2-1 mani from t.i motorsport.

Lowercase

new toys arrived !

S1 rallye aluminium inlet manifold, throttle body and reconditioned ICV. just got to do a few adjustments to it and get hold of a new throttle cable and i can fit it :D

SAM_3165_zps741cb81a.jpg

im almost finished with the power upgrades now with just.

- T.I motorsport 4.2.1 exhaust manifold

- OEM straight through center section

- extend induction kit to a better location and fit a new filter.

still to sort. and finally start stripping down and removing the excess wiring and tidy up the engine bay.

finally starting on getting a heater back in the car too. ive pulled the dashboard out my donor car now so will begin the refit this weekend with a few beers. :D

MiniGibbo

Awesome, same manifold I have and centre pipe..!

Stick a backbox like my omp and your ears will bleed haha

Going to castle Combe this Saturday mate..?

Lowercase

mmm omp inox, me want. have a magnex back box at the moment which is ok for now.

and no :( forgot to be honest lol so ill be doing some overtime at work to pay for shiny things.