• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sandy

[race_prep] Our Hillclimb/sprint 205

camgti

Lucky! He was going for it though!!

• Like 1

Sandy

Colin's first visit to Prescott Hillclimb this weekend and finished today with a new 2 litre Mod Prod class record of 45.31s, beating the 11 year old Richard Marshall hill class record and Keith Murray's Audi Quattro's HSA class record! Needless to say, we're all mighty pleased with that :)

• Like 2

rallyeash

That's Awsome! Well done

wicked

Colin's first visit to Prescott Hillclimb this weekend and finished today with a new 2 litre Mod Prod class record of 45.31s, beating the 11 year old Richard Marshall hill class record and Keith Murray's Audi Quattro's HSA class record! Needless to say, we're all mighty pleased with that :)

Will the car be at pugfest to give a demo again?

camgti

Any videoa of that run Sandy?

welshpug

There's a link on the satchell engineering fb page :D

Sandy

Will the car be at pugfest to give a demo again?

We've never been to Pugfest, you must be thinking of someone else?!! Only road cars are allowed to run on that event AFAIK and Colin is competing elsewhere.

Mr_E

7 seconds faster than me in my Clio!

Great weekend down there. love to try that 205 although I would need a booster seat as I could barely see over the dash when I sat in it!

• Like 1

Sandy

It would be rude not to link Colin's pre record run of 45.40 incar:

I'm afraid we'll just have to imagine it's Pugfest.

welshpug

had to work for that one! sure there's a bit more to come next time :D

rallyeash

Wheelspin!

Mr_E

Here's my fastest run in the Clio as a comparison

• Like 1

Ballyafb

Dear Sandy,

First off, I have read this thread a million times....much love! Also read the Performance French Car article....very nice!

However, I am wondering how you managed to fit a 16v head to this block. I know you heavily reworked the head but did this include altering the oil and water ways?

On a side note, are you able to explain the differences between the diesel blocks and cranks as there are about 4 different part numbers for each on the Peugeot Catologue...Is it as simple as when they were made?

Sorry if I am delving into private details, just picking your brain.

Thanks very much,

Alex

welshpug

Xu oil and waterways are the same as xud.

differences in blocks that originate from a 205 (or any other xud engined pug/citroen i believe) are minimal, but mostly bore size and crank stroke, turbo engines used forged cranks and oil spray bars/jets.

Edited by welshpug

Sandy

There are several cranks and blocks used as you say, but most TDs have the same crank. Even within the engine codes there are different block castings and then some are machined differently; most have slots between the bores (thin walled, no good for 85mm) and you don't know what you've got until the head is off.

Sandy

Another Wiscombe video, but worth watching for the speed he carries through the hairpins!! Both Saturday and Sunday Colin was the fastest non-Aero car (beat all the Caterhams/Westfields etc and many single seaters) and on Sunday took over a second out of his previous record with 40.24! Bear in mind the engine has been double driven for over 26 events now and apart from a new oil pump and big end shells before this event (old oil pump was throwing belts off at Llys Y Fran), is untouched and still on the map I did in 90 minutes nearly two years ago!

http://youtu.be/vQV6wB4pz60

• Like 1

Reebmit

The car/engine is a real credit to you both, have seen it on the hills and can say its awesome, the times are amazing considering what it is, went very well at Gurston a while back.......

Sandy

Thanks Tim, another Gurston coming up, so come and say hello if you get the chance :)

Reebmit

Will do Sandy, 23/24th Aug I think so will be there on one of the days, will be popping down to Wiscombe on 6th or 7th would be good to see the car again. I was talking to one of my friends who runs a Westfield with Hybusa turbo power and also ran a few single seaters and when I told him Colins times he was amazed.... quite rightly so, ha ha :)

camgti

Christ! Thats moving! Still sounds great and really does fly around those hairpins!

Sandy, do you think there is more to be had from the enging?

Sandy

The engine I designed from the outset to be very flexible from low revs, the top end performance is better than I expected. Mid range grunt is unlikely to get any better than it is now and it breaks traction at the top of each gear, so any more top end is likely to be of no use. I use a different configuration for Rally and Circuit engines, but for this I'd say it's pretty much ideal and Colin/Paul tell me they don't want it changed in any way!

alexcrosse

Why was it throwing belts off?

Sandy

Notchy rotor it seems. No obvious damage, no ingestion, no scoring; thankfully both occasions were in the paddock and noticed immediately. We took it as a warning and changed the pump, perfect since. Dropped the pan off to inspect the bearings, strained the oil through white fabric and there wasn't any debris or even dirt, clean oil. I checked the mains which were perfect and the big ends had polished slightly, so changed them. I'm very pleased to see the internal condition that good after so much use and some 10k+ down change over-revs! I took the cam covers off to inspect the followers at the start of the season and they still had their surface finish then. Fingers firmly crossed for this to continue!!

Dj_mini

Colin set another new class record today at gurston the hang over didn't seem to slow him down!