• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Anyone From Kent?

damien
yeah the 106 gti is my daily driver, what day was it? i was proberly out in the garage should of call round to see how the v6 is coming on

i just booked this hotel http://www.premierinn.com/en/justBrowseSea...;execute.action for the 3rd july for £31, its about 15 miles from prescott hill so not to far on the day

the bloody link dont work B)

james_pug

That link doesn't seem to work either unless it's my phone, if you can't find it I'll try and link to it again when I get home and onto a computer

james_pug

I'm sure mine was 31, is yours for 2 adults one room?

damien

yeah.

just tryed to book it but i wont let me as my card runs out in june, will have to wait or see if i can dig the credit card out

james_pug

Gloucester Business Park

Brockworth

Gloucester

Gloucestershire

England

GL3 4AJ

thats the address, mine is definatley £31 although it come up on there site at £41 now, i must of booked just before it went up. any luck finding your card?

pugpete1108

no go on pugfest i'm afraid boys.

crashed the xsara today and have a £350 excess to pay to get it fixed.

no mot or insurance for the pug this month either....gutted

james_pug
no go on pugfest i'm afraid boys.

crashed the xsara today and have a £350 excess to pay to get it fixed.

no mot or insurance for the pug this month either....gutted

:lol: bad news, how bad is the xsara?

pugpete1108
:lol: bad news, how bad is the xsara?

not bad. still driveable. i put a thread up about it.

its just money now mate, will have to pay the excess which would have paid for the mot ,tickets and insurance on the pug.

i've just taken 2 weeks off work to get it finished too. glum

james_pug
i've just taken 2 weeks off work to get it finished too. glum

that makes it worse it'll be finished and just sat there, what's left to do on it?

pugpete1108
that makes it worse it'll be finished and just sat there, what's left to do on it?

loads of little bits really.

biggest bit is welding up the exhaust.

then i got a load of tidying up to do.

nevermind there is always next year of the meet in august.

plus it gives me time to sort out the oil leak i have, i've also got the wifes car in for a mot today and the xsara went through last week plus tax.

i'm just cleaned out mate. not good at all :lol:

Edited by pugpete1108

Jemehan

Keep your spirits up pete! i recon you can still get the lass running, afterall, if you can find the cash and stuff you could use the pug as the daily driver for a while?

Sorry to hear about the xsara! ill look for the post.

pugpete1108

the xsara is ok actually, i removed the bumper yesterday (which has virtually no damage) and straightened the bumper bar and refitted it all and you can hardly tell. straightened the bonnet enough so that too is barely visible so no claim for me :lol:

got a quote for insurance for the pug with all mods declared for £174 fully comp. it pays to be an old git.

liam (hcmini) i sending me a map from his recent rr so hopefuly it will be in a much better state of tune.

got the exhaust to do and a little tiding up then mot at the end of the month.

the plan is now to drive up to pugfest on the day that way im not commiting myself too much f it all goes tits up.

im off round there today to do the oil leak and fit some new drop links to hopefully sort that knocking noise when turning.? also to have a look at the ignition timing as when i checked yesterday it was idling at only 5degs btdc on cyl 1 which is odd.

whens your mot dan?

Jemehan

mot will be soon, need to book it when i have the car running and done all the brake cables etc. as for the knocking have you checked the grease in the CV joints? they do knock bad when they go! as for the idle? havent got any air leaks have you?

Jemehan

SHE IS ALIVE!!! put her back together (Finally) today crank her over, after giving her a jump, INTO LIFE....all be it short life soon to die a sudden death followed with nasty knocks a minor odd rubbing noises!

leaking water, and has run better in the past, but i was expecting a few issues. atleast she starts now, YAY!

pugpete1108

nice one dude, bout time though <_<

mines gotta be an air leak but i just cant find it anywhere?

and i knocks when stationary mate, i have some new drop links and ball joint rubbers to fit. i have got to fit a new cv boot to the nearside and pack some more grease and a clip on the other side.

also noticed that one of the arb bolts i missing? so could well be that :P

seems to be driving ok, just a little flat around 3k but i need to run some more logs to sort that out

Jemehan

told ya it'd likely be the CV joints! lol. I ran out of daylight, but with more, and a friend over i should have the pug running beautifully!!!

Ill keep you updated, as for mot and tax, that seems to be moving away.. going to be strapped ofr cash for couple months. damn rent! still have the stupid tank to keep me going until then, might just get my parents to pay for tax and mot for my 21st? else ill think of something....

I MISS DRIVING MY PUG!!!!!

:P<_<:(

Edited by Jemehan

pugpete1108

i know the feeling, 170 for insurance 50 for the mot and 120 for tax. dont look like its gonna be this month :)

surely a cv joint wouldnt knock when the car aint even moving?? there is stil grease in there its not like its dry or anything?

i would put my money on the arb or loose rack myself but we will see

Jemehan

true, the CV will only knock while driving, mainly turning. if its rattling stationary then i would need to hear it to work out what it is, whati would suggest is revving it to make the noise while someone sticks their headin there! best cure when you can figure it out! Dont forget, it is a french carm its supposed to sound mildly broken. You can get away will small clunks etc.

I wish I earnt more, i want my 205!! Lol!!

percypug

Hi guys,,, while on the subject of cv joints I have a problem with my gti,,,,, now apologies if this sounds like a riddle.....

Drone on and off whilst driving, mainly when going straight but also when hold on a bend,, speeds up when I get faster, when noise happens I can turn left or right and make it start and stop,,, does it at low speeds aswell.

Any thoughts......?

Cheers guys

hcmini1989
Hi guys,,, while on the subject of cv joints I have a problem with my gti,,,,, now apologies if this sounds like a riddle.....

Drone on and off whilst driving, mainly when going straight but also when hold on a bend,, speeds up when I get faster, when noise happens I can turn left or right and make it start and stop,,, does it at low speeds aswell.

Any thoughts......?

Cheers guys

wheel bearing?

pugpete1108

wheel bearing as liam says. good luck changing them :) unless you have a press of course then its easy

james_pug
i know the feeling, 170 for insurance 50 for the mot and 120 for tax. dont look like its gonna be this month :wub:

surely a cv joint wouldnt knock when the car aint even moving?? there is stil grease in there its not like its dry or anything?

i would put my money on the arb or loose rack myself but we will see

suspension top mounts? take the arb drop links off and see if it still knocks.

ive got my dimma runnig better today :) it actually idles now, wether it will when its back on the road is something ill have to wait and see, the front bumper and grill are hopefully being painted this week then it just leaves the rear bearings, where did you get yours pete?

Jemehan

A guy i know has a press if anyone needs one... he'll prob do it for ya for a small charge. (he is very good and charge would be small if it was just to ake it off). My car is running like a pig... literally its lumpy and horrible. i cant figure out what it is, going to have to call in a friend i think, alos water leaks again, damn it!

still, its taken long enough to get the thing going again, so its going to take a while i guess to get it running properly!