• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Anyone From Kent?

Alex205vtr

Howdy all,

Im new to 205GtiDrivers. I don't have a Gti but I do have a 1988 205 1.1 XL, 64 thousand miles, in a rather loverly metallic beige I haven't really seen before! Im quite new to 205's, does anybody know where the paint codes are?

She's pretty mint and even has the original metal number plates, all the original glass and not a bump or scuff anywhere!

I finish uni until september in a week and plan to get my project underway, went to french car show yesterday and can't wait to get cracking with it now!

Anyone close to Whitstable/ Canterbury???

Cheers, Alex.

damien

any chance of a pic of your 205

pugpete1108

got my insurance sorted today, bit of a good deal really.

£175 fully comp with all mods declared and a £2000 agreed value :blush:

just gotta send off some photo's for the agreed value.

so its welding next monday and mot tuesday.

i then have a couple of week to run about in it just to iron out the kinks before pugfest.

Alex, welcome to the fold, there are actually quite few 205's in the kent area. so if you need anything give us a shout.

how was the french car show? it doesnt get a good press on here i'm afraid as i think when it moved it became pretty s*ite. i went in 2007 and it wasn't too bad.

pugpete1108

your pass then james? its just the missus said she see you driving the dimma the other day.

my mot is tuesday :wacko:

james_pug

Yeah got it through on Saturday so done around 100 miles this weekend, have decided it's a tad noisey though so going to try and see if I can get zero exhausts to put a middle box in next weekend.

Is yours all ready now?

pugpete1108
Yeah got it through on Saturday so done around 100 miles this weekend, have decided it's a tad noisey though so going to try and see if I can get zero exhausts to put a middle box in next weekend.

Is yours all ready now?

nearly, its at my house now for some welding tomorrow then mot tuesday if i can get the brakes to work properly that is

damien

are we still up for taking it easy on the way up there?

i need to take it easy until i get these cams timed up and the engine mapped. (does anyone know anyone that can do it for me?)

also im missing a rev counter but thats not important

james_pug

Taking it easy is fine with me, 1.6 boxes are s*it for motorways, not to sure of anyone local that can do it I no somewere in Essex that proberly would be there not exactly cheap

pugpete1108

im all for taking it easy as mine needs mapping too really. might have to do it on the fly if it passes the mot, booked in now for 12 tomorrow.

rev counter is eay damien, if you make a little box of tricks like i did. runs straight off the coil packs to the rev counter.

here's a couple of pics of my little baby (excuse the finger prints all over it,bloody matte black)

DSCF6599.jpg

DSCF6600.jpg

DSCF6601.jpg

Edited by pugpete1108

james_pug

Good luck with the mot pete

Jemehan

Looks good pete!! looking forward to this summer meet up when its arranged. Good luck with the mot!! I have bad news, some idiot pulled out on me n smashed my front end up a bit yesterday, so i have now got repairs to do....AGAIN! how irritating.

pugpete1108
Looks good pete!! looking forward to this summer meet up when its arranged. Good luck with the mot!! I have bad news, some idiot pulled out on me n smashed my front end up a bit yesterday, so i have now got repairs to do....AGAIN! how irritating.

thats what insurance is for mate :(

mine passed the mot today. woop woop.

gotta tax it the end of the month now as i have no pennies. then its all go

i forgot i gotta pick up the other half of that engine from you at some point, gotta take it to pugfest for graham.

let me know when you are about

Edited by pugpete1108

james_pug

good news on the mot, it go straight through?

pugpete1108

yes mate :lol:

he said the emmisions couldn't have been any closer too, jesus i must know what i'm doing??

just gotta have a look at the rear bearing as it has a little play in it, could just need tightening

its driving pretty well too seeing as i havent really been able to map it properly yet.

pugpete1108

james and damien, can you pm me your phone numbers?

i lost your damien and never had yours james.

tis for the weekend, hopefully we will have some football to watch when we get up there? evening kickoff against the argies

james_pug

Pm'd, what time did we say we were leaving? And were shall we meet? How about by sainsburys?

Having a few problems with the immobiliser on mine atm occasionly not letting me start it, I've looked through the wiring for it though and if it causes a problem next weekend I'll be ripping it out.

Jemehan

James, saw ur car the other day, you have a brake light out....

james_pug

Ah well lol hopefully I'll have some ph2 rear lights on there soon :huh:

pugpete1108

Sainsburys sounds good I think Damien is having his speedo done on sat but reckons he will be done by 1 so anytime after that?

james_pug
Sainsburys sounds good I think Damien is having his speedo done on sat but reckons he will be done by 1 so anytime after that?

what ever time suits damien then, I can do whenever.

damien

will be at tris/marks about 9 so as soon as they have sorted out the rev counter and had a look at the exhaust i'll be free.

i guess it wont take any longer than 3 hours so to be safe i would say 1pm

pugpete1108

i might pop down and see ya at tristans? just to give the car a run really.

i'll give ya a bell saturday.

pugpete1108

do any of you guys have a spare oil pressure sender (mushroom type 8v jobbie) lying about i could buy?

im not 100% mine is working or if in fact i have any oil pressure. i gotta remove it and check it over but just in case its duff i will need another one.

let me know

cheers

pete

Alex205vtr
any chance of a pic of your 205

Sorry for the delay, heres a few pics as I brought her.

IMG00019-20100628-1522.jpg

IMG00015-20100628-1521.jpg

IMG00013-20100628-1521.jpg

IMG00014-20100628-1521.jpg

IMG00018-20100628-1522.jpg

IMG00017-20100628-1522.jpg

IMG00016-20100628-1522.jpg

The Blistein Coilovers and the Rallye wheels with brand new tyres came with it. A complete bargain I thought!

Jemehan

I like it, pretty clean. Used to have a red GR that was kidna similar. good buy that! they are pretty reliable too! (fro french)