• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Anyone From Kent?

denva2682

I am new to GTiDrivers and have an '86 1.6 CTi that I recently rescued and was just wondering if there are any members in the east Kent area that could assist me should I get stuck with anything, or does anyone know if there are ever any meets in my neck of the woods?

Also, I never see any GTi's or CTi's in my area anymore. Where are you all!? I suppose it's a good thing in a way, at least mine stands out... :)

Be good to hear from anyone local.

EdCherry

Get some pictures up, specially if its red!

If you ever come to sell this, id love to add it to my collection :)

denva2682

Yeah, she's red. I will try and sort out a link to some pics asap.

No plans to modify, just want a nice, clean phase 1, so I may have to call on your assistance from time to time if I get stuck for sourcing part etc?

I've spent ages to find a phase 1 CTi, so may not be selling just yet :)

pugpete1108

hi,

i'm up the road from you in ashford if you need any help/advice.

my gti is tucked up and has been for 5 yrs, hopefully she will be back on the road this year.

not too much happens down this neck of the woods with regards to meets etc, there is a south meet soon'ish but its not really local for us. i was considering going in the vts? so if you are interested we could meet on the way?

i know what you mean though i hardly ever see a gti round here and have never seen a cti (well cant remember seeing one anyway)

anyway let me know if you need anything

pete

davey205

Hi Denva, I'm close to Kent i never see any Gti's around here but quite a few diesels oh and a white CJ.

RossD

I'm in Maidstone, so can give advice if needed!

denva2682

Good to hear from you.

Pete - That sounds good mate, maybe something could be sorted in the near future, especially as you are only a quick run up the M20! You're right about CTi's, I can't even remember seeing one around in the late 80s or early 90s, let alone now! It'll be good to have something different.

Davey205 - Totally agree! There are quite a few base models still running around, I guess it's because people still like the look of the 205 and the cheap running costs and reliability offered in such models.

RossD - Any help / advice you can offer in the future will be gratefully received! Your GTi is looking good, the GTi in white looks pukka (though i'm biased as my old GTi was the same colour.)

Something needs to be sorted in our area imho, going by what Pete says, all the meets are too far away really to attend often. Still, thanks for introducing yourselves, hope to chat to you guys regularly on here at least!

Will

RossD

It's not actually a GTi *Runs and hides* but it goes like one :D

denva2682

LoL! Oh, yeah, I was concerned with looking at what you'd done to the bodywork (I need to do similar to CTi) and completely missed the lump! Doh

denva2682

Hawkinge?? Quality, my old man lives there. Not far at all.

I'm so jealous of your car mate, I have always wanted a Topaz! There was a bloke had one up for sale in Lancs not long ago, but by the time I had saved enough cash to get it down to Dover, (I even had a guy off uship lined up to collect), he had begun breaking it :lol: I was gutted, it even had a '205' reg with my personalised name at the end, and it was an original reg! I'll be saving again now (due to CTi purchase) and i WILL be getting my Topaz eventually. I'm sure there's room enough in this seemingly GTi-less county for two of 'em!

james_pug

Nice to see another Kent member, i'm in ashford and own a mi16 dimma and I'm building a v6 convertible, well have to organise a Kent meet soon there seems to be a few members around here now, though how many of you have your 205s on the road atm?

denva2682

Hi james, good to hear from you.

Definately would be up for meeting some of you guys off here. Mine's Mot'd, just gotta change cambelt and waterpump etc (just got it and no evidence of a recent change) and get tax sorted out when I get paid, so will be on the road in March.

My intention is to drive the car in the dry only as an on-going project (needs a fair amount of work) including a new roof, hence dry driving only :) So haven't rushed to get tax etc yet due to the fantastic weather we're having at the moment...

pugpete1108

wont be long before mines on the road :P

still got the xsara though which is quick enough and still french

would be good to meet up though

and james i aint seen that dimma on the road for a while, whats going on?

Edited by pugpete1108

james_pug

The dimma will be taxed again on Monday :D you got much left to do on your gti6 ?

tezza

im medway based, so not far from you either. mines been sitting on the driveway for the past year lol

pugpete1108
The dimma will be taxed again on Monday :D you got much left to do on your gti6 ?

not much actually, all the wiring is done. just gotta fit a new screen and sort the exhaust and it should be ok for the mot.

still looks like a shed though :D

james_pug

Doesn't matter what it looks like aslong as it's another 205 on the road, have you got a windscreen? I got one from the bloke that does them up woodgates for £40 fitted that was a couple of years ago though.

tezza

anyone local enough to medway and wants to help fit my carbs? im totally confused to what i can chuck and what i need lol

MerlinGTI

Kent here too. :P

pugpete1108
Doesn't matter what it looks like aslong as it's another 205 on the road, have you got a windscreen? I got one from the bloke that does them up woodgates for £40 fitted that was a couple of years ago though.

yeah i have spoken to him, but for obvious reasons i cant ge the car to him :P .

they are easy to do though yourself, just gotta get round to it.

toffo24

Here to Hawkinge to good to see another CTI driver localy!

Damien , you ok mate havent seen you about lately!

Edited by toffo24

damien

im now working working at the new morisions in dover as a night manager so im doing rubbish hours, also planning on moving to folkestone as i just dont have the money to keep ruinning my 3 bedroom place, so looking at flats to rent. cant seem to find much with garrages tho.

i was out last night with the local "cruzing" group (project-carz.com) and i must say ive never felt so old in my life!

i know there is a peugeot sport club/gti6 meet this sunday i was thinking about poping along, are you up for going.

Edited by damien

toffo24
im now working working at the new morisions in dover as a night manager so im doing rubbish hours, also planning on moving to folkestone as i just dont have the money to keep ruinning my 3 bedroom place, so looking at flats to rent. cant seem to find much with garrages tho.

i was out last night with the local "cruzing" group (project-carz.com) and i must say ive never felt so old in my life!

i know there is a peugeot sport club/gti6 meet this sunday i was thinking about poping along, are you up for going.

What day is it mate? i am in epsom at volksworld on Sunday, why not make the drivers meet next month, should be epic!

Edited by toffo24

damien

this sunday.

becasue my nights off are not fixed its hard for me to make any meet, i wont know if im off untill afew days before the meet.