• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Anyone From Kent?

monkee87

I'm just over the boarder in Sussex. Not overly far. I've only seen 2 205 GTi's round my neck of the woods. Both white, one an Mi16 and the other a bog standard 1.6 by the looks of things. I've got a 91' Sorrento green myself. :)

I'll help you out if i can. :)

Jemehan
I'm just over the boarder in Sussex. Not overly far. I've only seen 2 205 GTi's round my neck of the woods. Both white, one an Mi16 and the other a bog standard 1.6 by the looks of things. I've got a 91' Sorrento green myself. :)

I'll help you out if i can. :)

i think thats mid/late 20's amount of us then... not bad!

james_pug

I'm in singleton, you? I've got a silver dimma if you've seen it?

Jemehan
I'm in singleton, you? I've got a silver dimma if you've seen it?

Singleton too, down at the bulrushes, no not seen urs bout, will have to see it sometime!

Guest lion_lady_lu

Hi Denva

I'm in Dover. Could a Gentry come to your meet? If so, I might be able to make it - I've got a few subtle changes to make to Jenny (my car!) first, to give her more of a 'lion' edge, wipe away the pussycat image! :lol:

Well done for starting this thread btw, it's time us far-flung Kenties got a look in!

james_pug
Singleton too, down at the bulrushes, no not seen urs bout, will have to see it sometime!

weres the bulrushes ? I'm near the lake, suprised you haven't seen it about, when's yours going to be back on the road?

Jemehan
weres the bulrushes ? I'm near the lake, suprised you haven't seen it about, when's yours going to be back on the road?

up on singletn hil, oposite the turning for the shops...She will be back on the road i hope by the end of next month. She is on the drive at the moment with no head, on axel stands etc. Got a fairbit of work to do on her.

Im suprised i havent seen yours about too, its not suble that dimma kit! I dont normally miss a 205! which road are you on?

Edited by Jemehan

denva2682
Hi Denva

I'm in Dover. Could a Gentry come to your meet? If so, I might be able to make it - I've got a few subtle changes to make to Jenny (my car!) first, to give her more of a 'lion' edge, wipe away the pussycat image! :lol:

Well done for starting this thread btw, it's time us far-flung Kenties got a look in!

I have no idea why you're asking lion_lady_lu, I think everyone'll agree that any 205 owner and their car will be more than welcome! Just keep an eye out on the 'Kent' threads, I think Pete will be creating a new thread nearer the time once location etc has been agreed. If you have any suggestions regarding location etc, feel free to post here! :o

By the way, I'm sure there'll be others interested in seeing 'Jenny.' What subtle changes do you have in mind?

Edited by denva2682

Jemehan

Well i'd say ashford is good, there is a big car park by the station... but my beast wont be on the road till mid next month :lol:.

denva2682
Well i'd say ashford is good, there is a big car park by the station... but my beast wont be on the road till mid next month :o.

Was thinking more along the lines of a countryside / seaside type location tbh, as it'll be summer.

A nice pub with carpark and a beer garden providing somewhere where we can all chat and appreciate the weather, our cars and the company. :lol:

Jemehan
Was thinking more along the lines of a countryside / seaside type location tbh, as it'll be summer.

A nice pub with carpark and a beer garden providing somewhere where we can all chat and appreciate the weather, our cars and the company. :lol:

errr...good views down at dungeoness with the powerstation. or you have dover castle, Depending on how many people are coming because the car park isnt very big there. other option is folkestone, down at the bottom of leas cliff there is a large car park....but im not much of a drinker so not sure where the nearest pubs would be, afterall we are all going to want a beer while looking out the window at the gorgeous collection of classics...

Alternative i guess would be down hastings way...depends where in kent most of the members are, was thinking somewhere fairly easy to get to as some people may not know the side roads too well, so maybe near the M20.

there is sanphire hoe down by dover, thats a beauty spot... but no pubs.....anyone else got ideas?

denva2682
errr...good views down at dungeoness with the powerstation. or you have dover castle, Depending on how many people are coming because the car park isnt very big there. other option is folkestone, down at the bottom of leas cliff there is a large car park....but im not much of a drinker so not sure where the nearest pubs would be, afterall we are all going to want a beer while looking out the window at the gorgeous collection of classics...

Alternative i guess would be down hastings way...depends where in kent most of the members are, was thinking somewhere fairly easy to get to as some people may not know the side roads too well, so maybe near the M20.

there is sanphire hoe down by dover, thats a beauty spot... but no pubs.....anyone else got ideas?

That's a bit more like it! Maybe not so much Dover Castle (I live in Dover, so be good to get away for the day!?), but I'm with you re: carpark down on the front in Folkestone, or maybe even Hythe. We'll see what happens nearer the time I guess.

Edited by denva2682

denva2682

Btw, What have you got left to do to the 1.9 mate? I'm in the same boat re: next month I think, though might be lucky and have it ready to roll mid - end of this month I just gotta pull my finger out and replace the timing belt / waterpump and then put all the bits on and put the car back together. The joy of 205 ownership...

pugpete1108

hythe way would be good, we could always go to the queens head on the a20 towards hythe/folkestone? nice beer garden and big car park?

as said though we can sort something out nearer the time.

woop woop kent meet :rolleyes: just need some nice sun now and a working 205

denva2682
hythe way would be good, we could always go to the queens head on the a20 towards hythe/folkestone? nice beer garden and big car park?

as said though we can sort something out nearer the time.

woop woop kent meet :rolleyes: just need some nice sun now and a working 205

Sounds a plan mate. I'm happy with that. Like you say, roll on the sun! I'm proper looking forward to it!

Question is, who's gonna volunteer to phone the landlord and see if he doesn't mind his whole carpark taken up by us!?? Lol.

pugpete1108
Sounds a plan mate. I'm happy with that. Like you say, roll on the sun! I'm proper looking forward to it!

Question is, who's gonna volunteer to phone the landlord and see if he doesn't mind his whole carpark taken up by us!?? Lol.

dont think it will be a problem, what landlord is gonna turn down buisness, having said that we can only really have one each anyway so maybe it could just be a stop off before heading to the coast?

denva2682
dont think it will be a problem, what landlord is gonna turn down buisness, having said that we can only really have one each anyway so maybe it could just be a stop off before heading to the coast?

Exactly! Totally agree re; stop off and drive to coast! May have a rather good photographer coming along too, so a coastal backdrop and space to get a few pics of everyone and the cars would be sweet :rolleyes:

monkee87

Are you in sussex?! I never see any one driving there 205's. I just see them sitting around in car parks and driveways!

i think thats mid/late 20's amount of us then... not bad!

Jemehan
Btw, What have you got left to do to the 1.9 mate? I'm in the same boat re: next month I think, though might be lucky and have it ready to roll mid - end of this month I just gotta pull my finger out and replace the timing belt / waterpump and then put all the bits on and put the car back together. The joy of 205 ownership...

OOOOOOH! i have ALOT to do yet, she is on axel stands... engine head off as head gasket went, getting it simmed tuesday, have to fit new rad, new heater matrix. have to re seat all the valves as the stem seals have gone, burning oil etc...thats mechanical. ALSO need to raise the back end a lil (do you know how to do torsion bars as i baught it too low and need to raise a few inches). Have new lowering springs for front end i need to put on (40/50mm) need back to be the same height and also need to attain and fit a new front wheel arch on drivers side as old on fell off and got run over (died).

After that, just MOT and tax...then it SHOULD be ready to go back on the road.....

so, not too much work :S

what do you have to do on yours? lol

Jemehan
Are you in sussex?! I never see any one driving there 205's. I just see them sitting around in car parks and driveways!

No, in ashford, Kent. Your in sussex then eh? where bouts? and im sure we can allow cars from other counties at the meet :rolleyes:. want to have as many 205's as poss.

My mates dont really like them, think they are lil bit sad and french, i NEED to show them 205's rock.. .and they also think most people that have 205'sare gay....this is not true either! 205 GTI's absoloutley rock!

monkee87

Denva,

Do you need any hood bits? I think i may possibly have the strip that runs along the back of the car that holds the hood/rearwindow just above the boot. (Bolts to the body of the car) Maybe even the rear corner pieces too. (Under the buttons for the Torneau cover) All the bits for the back of the hood rust so bad.. I had fun swapping them on my mums CTi! Her's is a red 89' 1.6, so it'll be very similar to yours! Apart from the dash of course. Not round the sussex way anymore as my parents moved to cornwall...

I love a good lowered CTi, they look so cool to me! I think it's something to do with the fact that the sills are huge in comparison to the GTi's. :rolleyes:

monkee87
No, in ashford, Kent. Your in sussex then eh? where bouts? and im sure we can allow cars from other counties at the meet :rolleyes:. want to have as many 205's as poss.

My mates dont really like them, think they are lil bit sad and french, i NEED to show them 205's rock.. .and they also think most people that have 205'sare gay....this is not true either! 205 GTI's absoloutley rock!

I'm near Eastbourne. I'd love to come to a meet, there definitely is a lack of them in the South East... I think your mates need to drive a 205 GTi, they are the bees knees! I love them! I've had 4 of them in my time!!! (I'm only 22!!) :rolleyes:

denva2682
Denva,

Do you need any hood bits? I think i may possibly have the strip that runs along the back of the car that holds the hood/rearwindow just above the boot. (Bolts to the body of the car) Maybe even the rear corner pieces too. (Under the buttons for the Torneau cover) All the bits for the back of the hood rust so bad.. I had fun swapping them on my mums CTi! Her's is a red 89' 1.6, so it'll be very similar to yours! Apart from the dash of course. Not round the sussex way anymore as my parents moved to cornwall...

I love a good lowered CTi, they look so cool to me! I think it's something to do with the fact that the sills are huge in comparison to the GTi's. :rolleyes:

Hello Monkee87,

I am always on the look out for hood bits, depending on price of course! Maybe PM me with details and we can take from there? I must admit, a rear crossmember like you describe would be very handy as the roof is one of the next things I am going to tackle! So am interested!

james_pug
up on singletn hil, oposite the turning for the shops...She will be back on the road i hope by the end of next month. She is on the drive at the moment with no head, on axel stands etc. Got a fairbit of work to do on her.

Im suprised i havent seen yours about too, its not suble that dimma kit! I dont normally miss a 205! which road are you on?

little hempen if you know it? its only a few hundred yards from yours!

james_pug

theres a car park along stone street at the top of the downs that has some very good veiws could be a good meeting point and a good chance for pictures heres one i took below, only off my iphone so pretty s*it quality

006cv.jpg