• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
denva2682

Anyone From Kent?

denva2682

Well, not quite there yet, but keep an eye out for this on a road near you soon...

DSC00598.jpg

I still have a fair bit to do, but should be on the road next month ready for the nice weather (if we ever get any!?)

May change to original pepperpots, but I have always liked the 15" 1.9 jobbies!

MerlinGTI

looking good denva :)

denva2682
looking good denva :)

Thanks mate. Us lot from Kent should arrange a meet sometime over the summer. I keep seeing 'north east meet' or 'east anglia meet' etc lol. Never a 'South East' meet!!

pugpete1108
Thanks mate. Us lot from Kent should arrange a meet sometime over the summer. I keep seeing 'north east meet' or 'east anglia meet' etc lol. Never a 'South East' meet!!

sounds like a plan my man

denva2682
sounds like a plan my man

Then may I suggest sometime in July? No idea where, any suggestions? Maybe it should be more toward the east side of Kent than toward Medway/London, simply because it seems people over this side have long been denied a meet!? :lol:

What about maybe towards Canterbury or even Folkestone could be cool, give those bikers that hog the carpark down by the harbour a few less parking spaces. ;)

I don't know, what does everyone else think? Whatever happens, I think this is something that should go beyond planning and a proper date/time set so that it actually happens and doesn't remain just an idea!

pugpete1108

how about august?, i have some holiday and made plans have the 205 mot'd and on the road by then.

will start a thread nearer the time and look for some good spots (nice pub who dont mind a load of rattly french cars outside)

denva2682
how about august?, i have some holiday and made plans have the 205 mot'd and on the road by then.

will start a thread nearer the time and look for some good spots (nice pub who dont mind a load of rattly french cars outside)

August sounds good to me, although it would need to be before the 19th as I'm oFF on my hols 't'Egypt' for 3weeks then.

Yes, definately start a new thread nearer the time and I'm glad that you have the same idea as me re: venue! A nice pub with a large carpark - and beer garden of course! Just hope we can get at least a few to go! :)

james_pug

I'll come to a meet when ones arranged as long as it doesn't clash with anything, is anyone from Kent going to pugfest?

denva2682
I'll come to a meet when ones arranged as long as it doesn't clash with anything, is anyone from Kent going to pugfest?

Happy daze. Well, thats three of us! Not sure re: PugFest, it's July isn't it? Will have to see how the old finances go coz the CTI is currently munching all my hard-earned! Will let you know nearer the time though.

james_pug
Happy daze. Well, thats three of us! Not sure re: PugFest, it's July isn't it? Will have to see how the old finances go coz the CTI is currently munching all my hard-earned! Will let you know nearer the time though

i think it's the first weekend in July not sure on the date exactly, 205s do have a bad habbit of being serious money pits but there worth it, have you got the cover for the roof when it's down for your cti? I think I may have a spare one in my garage if you haven't and are after one.

denva2682
i think it's the first weekend in July not sure on the date exactly, 205s do have a bad habbit of being serious money pits but there worth it, have you got the cover for the roof when it's down for your cti? I think I may have a spare one in my garage if you haven't and are after one.

You know, aint that the truth!?

I wish I'd have known, got one off fleabay recently. I'll start checking with other members on here first for parts in the future! I'll see how much the money pit takes from me over the next couple of months and take a register on pugfest from there. Thanks for the offer re: tonneau though!

tezza

once mines up and running i would be up for a meet as well. a nice pub or something. maybe even somewhere like whitstable by the sea front? some good photo spots as well?

denva2682
once mines up and running i would be up for a meet as well. a nice pub or something. maybe even somewhere like whitstable by the sea front? some good photo spots as well?

Nice one tezza, that's four! That sounds good. I think that anywhere that is truly south east, like Whitstable, Broadstairs, Folkestone, Hythe or thereabouts would fit the bill perfectly.

Edited by denva2682

toffo24

I will be going to Pugfest , would definatley be up for a meet in the summer, theres always the car show August bank holiday at the Lees in |Folkestone if anyones interested?

Denva what parts do you need mate?

Edited by toffo24

Jemehan
I am new to GTiDrivers and have an '86 1.6 CTi that I recently rescued and was just wondering if there are any members in the east Kent area that could assist me should I get stuck with anything, or does anyone know if there are ever any meets in my neck of the woods?

Also, I never see any GTi's or CTi's in my area anymore. Where are you all!? I suppose it's a good thing in a way, at least mine stands out... :rolleyes:

Be good to hear from anyone local.

I'm in Kent, Ashford. There are a few of us around, I had a Atlantic Blue 205 CTI 1.9 and now a red 1.9 GTI. there is another CTI mint in ashford, and a 1.6 GTI(owned by a friend) i also saw a miami blue 205 in lenham.

Where abouts are you then?

THERE ARE SOME OTHER 205 NUTS IN KENT! ^_^

pugpete1108

ive seen another two recently parked up.

one black 1.6 parks but the new county square car park entrance (outside oranges pub)

one red 1.9 parks down bybrook road.

dont think they are on here though??

just read the other post, jemehan its not you down byrook road is it? by bockhanger shops ?

Edited by pugpete1108

damien

one black 1.6 parks but the new county square car park entrance (outside oranges pub)

sounds like my sister, her mate (or parents) own oranges

denva2682
I will be going to Pugfest , would definatley be up for a meet in the summer, theres always the car show August bank holiday at the Lees in |Folkestone if anyones interested?

Denva what parts do you need mate?

I'll more than likely take a trundle over there on the August bank hol mate.

Parts-wise, where do I begin!?

I need the obligatory broken phase 1 dash glovebox surround section.

Grey O/S/F Wheelarch moulding

Grey O/S/R Weelarch moulding

All red trim inserts (previous owner used red tape!!???

Powerhood model rear quarter windows

A nice set of seats or even just original covers

Grey tailgate trim panel

Boot strut

A CTI jack (to keep it original as it differs from GTI doesn't it?)

The plastic grille/panel under the windscreen

The list goes on and on...

Recently purchased;

Tonneau cover

Clutch/brake pedal rubbers

Alloy centre caps

Centre console

Roof

Rear parcel section (bit that joins roof at an angle

Air intake hose (long one)

A very good car cover!

I will get there in the end!

Jemehan
im now working working at the new morisions in dover as a night manager so im doing rubbish hours, also planning on moving to folkestone as i just dont have the money to keep ruinning my 3 bedroom place, so looking at flats to rent. cant seem to find much with garrages tho.

i was out last night with the local "cruzing" group (project-carz.com) and i must say ive never felt so old in my life!

i know there is a peugeot sport club/gti6 meet this sunday i was thinking about poping along, are you up for going.

I live in ashford with my GF, some cheap places around have a look over singleton way mate! i pay 500 and get driveway for two a garden and a 1bed house!

The 205 with half an engine part built on the driveway lets it down though... :rolleyes:. You live in ashford? i used to be a member of project-carz but im in tarmac knights now, more old school cars!! nicer, old school FTW!

ooh thats a point, anyone know where i can get a front plastic drivers side wheel arch for the GTI, mine fell off and got run over ^_^

damien

im in hawkinge, used to live in ashford with my mother.

i havent looked as far as ashford, looking at folkestone first cos of the kids school and working in dover.

james_pug
I live in ashford with my GF, some cheap places around have a look over singleton way mate! i pay 500 and get driveway for two a garden and a 1bed house!

The 205 with half an engine part built on the driveway lets it down though... ;). You live in ashford? i used to be a member of project-carz but im in tarmac knights now, more old school cars!! nicer, old school FTW!

ooh thats a point, anyone know where i can get a front plastic drivers side wheel arch for the GTI, mine fell off and got run over :D

is yours a red gti? remember seeing one a while ago.

one red 1.9 parks down bybrook road.

dont think they are on here though??

saw the one by the oranges the other week it looked quite tidy, theres also another graphite one (1.9 as far as i know) thats quite often parked in the layby just past the queens head in kingsnorth.

tezza

there is one around medway a fair bit. any idea if its anyone on here?

pugpete1108
I'll more than likely take a trundle over there on the August bank hol mate.

Parts-wise, where do I begin!?

A nice set of seats or even just original covers

i have a mint set of mi16 front seats here ,and i do mean mint not leather though.

and damien, how weird is that? its there quite alot though?

damien
i have a mint set of mi16 front seats here ,and i do mean mint not leather though.

and damien, how weird is that? its there quite alot though?

its a guess its her. like i said her mate owns it.

heres her 205

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/04102009027.jpg/

http://img185.imageshack.us/i/04102009028.jpg/

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/04102009026.jpg/

Jemehan
is yours a red gti? remember seeing one a while ago.

saw the one by the oranges the other week it looked quite tidy, theres also another graphite one (1.9 as far as i know) thats quite often parked in the layby just past the queens head in kingsnorth.

Yeah a red GTI. :ph34r:

The black 1.6 at oranges is a friend of mine, its practically perfect nick, drives well too. Graphite grey is a mate of a mate- girlfriend. yeah its a 1.9 used to be down hythe road. My lil 1 should be back soon, doing head gasket & lowering at the moment. not seen that one by kingsnorth, did race one there (a red 1.6) when i had my 1.9 CTI. where abouts in ashford are you?