• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

[trackday_prep] Paul's Gti6

Spiky

ok,

just to check you also have a big battery feed from the battery >>> starter >>> aternator

as well as my extra cable?

the wiring of the brown plugs looks fine :ph34r:

go double check the earth, needs to be a big fat cable like the battery possitive cable, else it will use every earth and drain it

if you only took the thick (rear pipe) and put the pump on fuel should only come out of the pipe in your hand that you took off and not from the return :lol:

Paul_13

I will give it a go tomorrow when I go round my mates, do you know of anywhere better to earth the engine from?

Don't like the look of that crappy little mount!

Spiky

my earth went from the gearbox to the old coil mount

now it goes from the head to the battery tray

Paul_13
ok,

just to check you also have a big battery feed from the battery >>> starter >>> aternator

as well as my extra cable?

the wiring of the brown plugs looks fine :ph34r:

go double check the earth, needs to be a big fat cable like the battery possitive cable, else it will use every earth and drain it

if you only took the thick (rear pipe) and put the pump on fuel should only come out of the pipe in your hand that you took off and not from the return :lol:

I've got a nice big fat chunky cable feeding everything and from alt. to starter.

Will the braided cable be enough to earth it?

I will double check the pump tomorrow :D I need to obtain some 8mm fuel hose and redo the lines as I want them in the car.

CAF sell a 35m reel for £45, just wondering if it would be worth buying it and selling the rest off.

Gti-Si- cheers for finding the relay :D much appreciated

I think the engine was sat out side for a bit before I bought it, from a cowboy name crooksy on the 306 forum, he 'forgot' to put the injectors, ICV and loads of other bits on the engine. He then said he was going to send them and he never did w*nker!

Edited by paul_xiii

Spiky

try putting a multimeter on the injectors and see if you get any voltage on them

also try the same on one of the coil plugs

i may well have "forgotten" or "missed" a cable,

but if the pump is priming and you have 12v when on 2nd ignition notich, you are pretty much there

Paul_13

I'll borrow my step dads multimeter again for tomorrow if he lets me and test the coil and injectors to see if 12v is present.

I've got a good feeling it's the earth (fingers crossed)

Spiky

i'm not sure it will be 12v, but it will be more than ZERO :ph34r:

Paul_13

or a FAIL

Spiky

might sound like a stupid question, but is it timed up right after the cambelt change?

the cams now 180 degrees out or anything? or jumped some teeth?

worth a check as you have done this :angry:

djinuk

just wanted to say cool project, and if it helps i used one of spikys looms with great success

Paul_13

I was going to double check this today, would that stop it from firing/injecting though?

I notice a timing hole on the pulley, which I didnt use. I timed it up using the hole at the back of the starter and the 2 holes in the cams and the 2 in the head.

I know it sounds stupid but that is right isnt it?

Spiky

i dont touch cam belts, i leave that part to the pro's :wacko:

Paul_13

I've just got a timing belt DIY thing off 306gti6 forum going to use this double check everything in place

Anthony

If you've not got a spark or fuel being injected, then it's not going to be anything related to cam timing IMO - it'll be electrical.

Spiky

put a pictur up of the alternator and startermotor connections :wacko:

kyepan
I've just got a timing belt DIY thing off 306gti6 forum going to use this double check everything in place

i've done a couple of cam belts, call me if you want a second look over it.

Alan_M

How'd you get on with that bearing I gave you for the steering rack?

I had this problem on my Mi16 last year. Took ages to find, where it was down to s*itty wiring/connectors on the brown plugs near the engine. Done away with them and replaced with soldered crimps and it works a treat now :wacko:

Edited by Alan_M

Paul_13

Spiky- I'll get some pictures tomorrow if I have time to go up there as i've got to go to Oxford to pick some hubs up off Adam. Basically its:

wiringdiag.th.png

Justin- Cheers, haven't got your number anymore as it was on my last phone. Car's in High Wycombe though.

Alan- Yeah good mate, nearly fudged it trying to press the new bearing in. But it fitted perfect, cheers for that! :wacko:

Edited by paul_xiii

Paul_13

Also put the door back on today and never got soo stressed in my life putting a lock back on :wacko:

doork.th.jpg

It's out quite a bit at the top and bottom but thats not my main concern at the moment...

Paul_13

Here's some pictures of the terminals connection for you Spiky, spot anything wrong?

wires6.th.jpg

wires2.th.jpg

wires7.th.jpg

wires5.th.jpg

wires4.th.jpg

wires.th.jpg

Spiky

if it was my car i would move that earth

put the green wires where they should be, by the vacum pump

and move the braided wire and put it in the bin and get a new thick earth cable and mount from the inner wing/battery tray or battery to the gearbox earthing point

where is the constant live from the loom, the wire labelled constant live?

Paul_13

Constant live is on the wires to the starter hidden at the back mate.

I'll see to the braided halfrauds jobby tomorrow.

Edited by paul_xiii

Spiky

ok B)

clean all the conenctions on the starter with sandpaper and the terminal it self and the nut, to make sure of a good contact.

also can you get me a picture of the CAS (sensor on top of gearbox) connection on to the loom

Paul_13

Here's a pic of the CAS and plug, the other white plug (VSS) has a cable shielding around it.

casx.th.jpg

cas2.th.jpg

Picture of VSS

vssn.th.jpg

vss2.th.jpg

New earth cable

earthcable.th.jpg

Moved earths for coils

earths.th.jpg

Started taking seat rails out, first time i've used a spot weld drill and over cooked a few of them ;). Will repair properly ;) (Mastic :lol:)

floor.th.jpg

Blood was everywhere from incident with hammer lol my mates going to think i killed his dog :D

Miles

Easy one this. You have pluged in the wrong plug on the Crank sensor, You need to find a brown plug, The white one should be the TPS