• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Goliath

[engine_work] Project Six Pack

SurGie
I need to know how the extra weight up front affects the handling.

So how does it handle compared to an Mi16?

Iv not driven a 205 with a V6 engine but i have read here that the engine its self is a little lighter than the 2.0 GTI6 iron block

engine & that due to the weight being further forward than other 205 engines inc MI16, it spoils the 205 handling more.

For me i would prefer a 306 with the V6 engine, the cars size is similar to the car the engine came from.

Hope this helps.

Galifrey
Iv not driven a 205 with a V6 engine but i have read here that the engine its self is a little lighter than the 2.0 GTI6 iron block

engine & that due to the weight being further forward than other 205 engines inc MI16, it spoils the 205 handling more.

For me i would prefer a 306 with the V6 engine, the cars size is similar to the car the engine came from.

Hope this helps.

The engine is lighter, but I hear the gearbox is much heavier.

unariciflocos

It's a Xantia V6 Activa with a 5 speed manual box. I'm going to go ahead with the conversion for the fun of it, but would really like to hear that the handling won't be completely compromised for my own peace of mind. Won't be starting any time soon since it;s -20 Celsius outside so I shall wait patiently for an answer :blush:.

welshpug

intriguing, the Activa was only a 2.0 8v CT engine here.

being an Activa you'd most likely not be much slower in it up a hillclimb than a 205 due to the suspension :blush:

jackherer
intriguing, the Activa was only a 2.0 8v CT engine here.

being an Activa you'd most likely not be much slower in it up a hillclimb than a 205 due to the suspension :wub:

Sadly 'real' Activas were never made in RHD, same as 309 GTI16s. Having owned a V6 auto Xantia and a 2.0t manual Activa I can't see a proper Activa being anything less than stunning.

lybker

Doing the same conversion for racing - please do me a favor and check weight distribution of the setup - how much weight at front and rear wheels. I want to compare to my old noseheavy setup - it was 68% on the nose, but ok once the rear slicks had grip....

how about oil surge racing the V6 - any experience?

regards,

Lars

Goliath

I havent yet used the V6 on track but haven't had any oil surge issues, even on the many alpine roads we went over on the eurotrip!

I have been meaning to get it weighed on the scrappy's weighbridge for a while now but dont have access to corner weights so can't really help with that i'm afraid....

lybker

a simple way to meassure weight balance is to only drive one axle set on the bridge at the time and divide the numbers to get the % on each axle :-)

u can do that on a normal weighing bridge....get it done and let me know, thx.

rgs,

Lars