• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

[race_prep] My 205 Mi16 Track / Hill Car

EdCherry

Just read back to try and find this particular brands name but I couldn't find it, although I did see a picture of the inside of the car which I seemed to have missed before, you have mr satchells snazzy gearstick very nice!

Friday aye, you got a sweat on then? I have to see this once its finished, such a well thought out build.

Edited by EdCherry

hexhamstu

first time ive seen this project, looks awesome! sorry to hear about the cam pulley troubles, but atleast it was spotted! could have been alot worse if it had gone unoticed.

Sandy

Exactly, lucky I happened to be running it with the covers off, which I don't normally do! I'm a bit concerned about the other engines that I haven't run with the covers off now.

EdCherry
Exactly, lucky I happened to be running it with the covers off, which I don't normally do! I'm a bit concerned about the other engines that I haven't run with the covers off now.

Guess thats a situation of live and learn, gonna run them with covers off now I guess?

Sandy

I'll be checking them all that's for sure.

DrSarty

Simply EPIC stuff!

Congrats all round.

xxvickyxx

looks good

Batfink

I missed you at Colins when you dropped it off as i was getting some pub food!

Had a quick peak but it was pissing down so left it covered. Rear brakes look good in the flesh!

Kev

rubyna

Absolutely AWESOME!! greatcar and really well done to all those involved in build,an absolute credit to you all.

Dan bet ya feet are getting twitchy now.. :ph34r:

Dj_mini

Thanks for all the comments it nice to see people notice all the little touches iv done.

I missed you at Colins when you dropped it off as i was getting some pub food!

Had a quick peak but it was pissing down so left it covered. Rear brakes look good in the flesh!

Kev

Yeah colin said you were up the local dodgy pub :ph34r: it was tipping it down so we didnt stop long.

Its been been down with sandy and colin all week having the shafts made and suspension set up. Colin corner weighted it and it came in it 736kg's i didnt think that was bad with 30L of fuel two seats, fire ex, light ect so under my 750kg target :lol: Now with the piper cam pulleys on all seams to be well.

Well iv been down to slightly sunnier corwall today so we can finish the mapping now its in the car.

I made up a bracket to help strap the car in the rollers as getting grip in the old car was bad so i knew it was going to be bad with the new car / engine after much piss take from sandy about my scrap heap challenge bracket it actually worked with only minnor slip up the top end. So only a final trim needed on the track first time out to get it spot on but were all but there just a few small jobs to get done :ph34r:

Thanks sandy and colin for your effort over the past week.

rollers2001.jpg

rollers2002.jpg

Sandy

I'm so pleased with it, the mid range grunt is just comical and it's a bit noisy :ph34r:

You have to see it in the flesh to appreciate the detail. 382bhp/tonne btw :ph34r:

Edited by Sandy

EdCherry

Shotgun passenger ride! LOL thats immense, 382bhp/tonne is astonishing! Bringing it combe anytime soon?

Henry 1.9GTi

mental power to weight for a 205! Should go well then :lol:

Baz

Christ almighty...

Makes a couple of other NA 205's i can think of seem a bit tame!

maxi

That a LOT of power! Makes my 241BHP seem pathetic..... Go out and enjoy it!

Any chance of a few more photos of the finished car?

Maxi

Dj_mini

Hi maxi

Iv got it in bits again in the garage as we were still having fueling problems on the rollers so im sorting that and a few other bits i srill had to do. As soon as iv done these ill roll it out and take some pics. personaly i hate the look of this car as im not keen on the arches but need them for whell clearance B)

I was just getting use the old engine (230bhp) and learning how to drive it so this is going to be a whole new drive so its goin to be interesting.

Spiky

i still cant get over how light it is...lol

i'm trying to work out where you have lost over 100kg's on me

maxi
Hi maxi

Iv got it in bits again in the garage as we were still having fueling problems on the rollers so im sorting that and a few other bits i srill had to do. As soon as iv done these ill roll it out and take some pics. personaly i hate the look of this car as im not keen on the arches but need them for whell clearance :)

I was just getting use the old engine (230bhp) and learning how to drive it so this is going to be a whole new drive so its goin to be interesting.

I quite like the arches in a strange kind of way, at least the asthetics are based on practical purpose! Can I be nosey and ask how much you had to part with for your maniflow manifold? Two aspects holding mine back are the exhaust manifold and the fact its only running 45's. Cant really afford to upgrade but it would be nice to know for future developments!

This whole pulley issue has me slightly worried.........

Maxi

Dj_mini
I quite like the arches in a strange kind of way, at least the asthetics are based on practical purpose! Can I be nosey and ask how much you had to part with for your maniflow manifold? Two aspects holding mine back are the exhaust manifold and the fact its only running 45's. Cant really afford to upgrade but it would be nice to know for future developments!

This whole pulley issue has me slightly worried.........

Maxi

Maniflow charge £450 for a manifold and £350 for a system plus vat thats built to the spec that you give them. I must say the slipper joints do blow a bit so prob not ideal if your using it on the road.

The whole pulley problem has got sandy thinking now as hes never tested the on the other engines hes built it was just that the first set was so bad even to the eye it all came to light. Iv got to admit the "supplyer" has replaced / refunded me with out problem but sadly it wont get the extra time and mine me and sandy have wasted but thats just the way it goes some times!

Cheers Dan

Alastairh
Forgot about this, Looks like a fairly good shell.

Should have given me a shout on the exhaust, My exhaust man is only up the road and used to work on most of Maniflow's one off's

Maxi, as earlier quoted in this thread...

Spiky

what front bumper do you have?

Dj_mini

Spiky ist a std bumper cut out with an alloy grill i made up and some chicken wire to stop the stones ;)

Rite time for an update, iv managed to do a test day at keevil i knew there would be problems to iron out and there was!

I only managed one lap before spining :lol: it apears the the rear brakes are to good its like ripping up the handbrake under the lighest braking so i came in and adjsuted the pedal box this helped but still no good so i made a trip to merlin and got a bias valve with this plumbed in braking was better but only possible it a straight line as the rear would come round very easly but good enough to get through the day. I managed to get 5 laps in before getting black flagged :blink: they pulled me in and said the exhaust was too loud so that was the end of monday bugger!

On to tuesday i managed to get a free day at combe as long as i did some passenger rides massive thanks to crescent suzuki for sorting that day out!

On the monday night i replaced the rear brakes for some std ones so i could use the car on this day i also repacked the back box to reduce the noise.

At combe the big test and the repacking had done the trick it was down to 99db so good enough to run for the day :)

This was my first chance to drive the car hard and all can say is WOW what a change from the old car i cant explain how much better the susspension is colins set up is great and im sure with time once i get use to the car i will be able to get the most from it.

This day also showed the cars grunt it just revs out so bloody quick im just getting use to what gear i should be in as in some places im now in the next gear up from the old car :o the ferrari driver was surprised to see the 205 go past him.

The car performed faultlesly all day with only tyre presure needing to be adjusted up untill the last sesion out and suddenly the car developed a misfire so back in the padock i removed the plugs to find one in not so good shape so got home an did a compresion check and there was nothing on cyln 3 so clearly there is some damage :( i knew it would be for the best to remove the engine and take it back to sandy so thats what i did the head is off and luckly there doesnt look like to much damage just a valve and seat so once this is sorted and sandy has done a few tweeks that he wants to do ill get it back in the car and try and find what has caused the problem.

The car is also going back to maniflow to get the exhaust sorted and i didnt pay a grand for an exhaust to have it fail noise every time! im going to re think the rear brakes to see if i can get them to work correctly so a few bits to do.

A few pics from the day ill try and upload the vids soon.

prod005.jpg

prod006.jpg

prod003.jpg

EdCherry

Looks great, shame I was on holiday otherwise I would have been at college and popped over. Shame about the problems too.

taylorspug

As you say bit naughty about the exhaust. But as with all these things development is the key i suppose.

What happened with the engine exactly, did it drop a valve then?

Matt Holley

Jammy git getting a free track day, Alan Dixon had problems with noise on his 306 race car with maniflow system,he ended up putting a diferant back box on it.