• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

[engine_work] 306 Project

Rob Turbo

Turns out the plugs made sod all difference, then the new coil pack broke, just like the last one, I took it back and got it changed, the misfire is still there though, but I haven't let it run for long enough to do any damage.

I think it's down to the ecu, infact I'm positive it is, there's 3 LEDs on the end of the megasquirt that flash each time it sends a spark signal to each of the coil drivers, and the one for coil 3 is in a world of it's own, I've tried everything I can think of with the ecu, new earths, seperate earths for the coil drivers, checked and double checked the settings and wiring, and still the same.

I think it's time to call it a day, I can't afford to keep buying new coil packs, I can't afford to spend money on another ecu and loom etc. Nobody is gonna want a car that runs like s*it, so the good bits are coming off, the engine is going up for sale, the shell is getting scrapped and I'm going to start over on a fresh 306 with the turbo engine.

Time to get pissed I think :)

sonofsam

Bloody hell Rob that's a pisser mate! Glad you didn't sell the turbo lump then

...Hope you found some comfort in the lovely Boooze.

you know the turbo will be great though :wub:

Rob Turbo

I reflashed the megasquirt with a different version of code and the misfire has gone, I've spent a while re-mapping it this morning and it's nice and smooth to drive, seems to be lacking a lot of power, it wouldn't touch the turbo!

So the new plan is map it a bit more, tidy it up, then sell it! At least I'll get a bit back from it, then I can go and find a 306 xsi to drop the turbo lump in!

Rob Turbo

Bit more mapping done, it's growing on me now! Still not as quick as the turbo, but it can be driven slowly a lot better than the turbo could, sounds quite nice when you stamp on the loud pedal as well! I think I'll have to see what I think of it once it's tidy'd up and had a good clean, I might just keep it, even after all the trouble it's been!

welshpug

don't give up now....

it WILL be quicker :D

platty

Stick with it Rob. These things are sent to try us, and I bet the V6 sounds awesome!