• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

[car_upgrade] 2.0l Turbo Conversion With A Euro Rallye Flavour

inferno

if you do a search ull find about 3 others having this problem at the time i was about to post a querie on smoking issues <_<

i spoke to power engineering and hiflow heads at the time and both told me these t25s (on citroen and pug 8v engines)rely on back pressure, and that i ought to consider stepseals hen i rebuild the turbo to t28 hybrid spec...

some1 suggested chicken wire down the downpipe to uncrease back pressure... this actually worked;)

if you dont have smoke dont worry, but if you get smoke at least youll know its not terminal and how to fix it :lol:

Edited by inferno

sonofsam

Well i do seem to remember V1Ride having the smoke issue when warm at idle.

Must admit to having a small amount of oil collect in the bowl of the exhaust manifold when running it with no exhaust at all.

Well i'll keep an eye out for it then, could be a good exscuse to rework into a side exit or at worse a small inline muffler.

Cheers

Sam.

sonofsam

Hey Mates, remember these from the group buy.

Well got round to fitting them in the last days/evenings and may I say it was a pleasure :P

Really good fit on mine cheers again Speedy ;)

Offered the arch up a few times to judge what needed doing and scribed round it so i knew were to head for

once adhesive was on, tacked in place with masking tape.

Arches only needed a slight amount of trimming mainly were round the corner joins the sill.

Used a Rasp(course file) and finished with emery cloth on the edges for a bit of keying..Oh and maybe a bit of hacksawing to trim larger sections.A bluntish junior hacksaw was effective aswell.Had the arch clamped in a vice for ease of working.

For the Adhesive i used Sikaflex-291 and would recommend it to anyone, i would imagine one tube would

do all four arches.Becomes tacky in about an hour in this weather and sets overnight..even in a thunderstorm :D Drys like a hard rubber finish and can be sanded and overpainted, though

i haven't tried this yet.

Picture one

All i did to the bodywork is key up round the line that i had scribed and cleaned with white spirit.

Applied the sikaflex to the arch along with a couple of bits of masking tape to hold it in place

before you attaching the g-clamps.

Picture two

Fairly easy job for one, but an extra pair of hands would come in handy..even if its just for the tea :P

...Whatever you do though, dont start working and trimming the fibreglass arch in just a pair of shorts, i did

know it was an irritant but carried on regardless.. that stuff is nasty in your skin.Had to have an emergency shower using the hose pipe:lol:

Silkaflex is some bad sh*t man also it doesn't come of your hands very easily.

Picture three

The finish on the arch is not of importance to me as yet because as you can see the bodywork has a

way to go yet and will all get filled/sprayed in after the MOT

Well Im off to fit the fourth and final one now in the sun with a brew.

Cheers

Sam.

timmsy19

looking good. well worth the money from what i can see.

Sandy

Good work!

Water isn't the ideal thing for removing Sikaflex, it's moisture curing. A polyurethane solvent is best.

paul205mi16

wondered if anyone had fitted them yet! looks ok, mine dont look like they will fit so well-but its on a xs and ill need to cut my arches too.

Paintguy

Nice work, and a rather novel way of clamping them in place. :blush:

I'm glad you decided to go with 291, rather than the other product you mentioned to me. And yes, it can be sanded in a fashion, but can certainly be painted over with no problems.

sonofsam

Did a test peice beforehand using the Pro-hp and it didn't have much adhesive quality! excellent for sealing purposes though.

My Father was a cabinet maker so his old tools and the tricks that i learnt really come in usefull.

I've got a feeling sanding down will stuff up the paper majorly even if using it wet.

Good thing is there is no way they are coming off in the foreseeable future.

bren_1.3

i found my set to fit quite badly around the sill? yours look to be a good fit round the bottom of the sills??!!!

sonofsam

Thats were i had to do most of the trimming and as you can see in picture 3, that big bit of wood is keeping it in place otherwise it would ping out at an annoying angle as soon as i clamped up the opposite side.

Plus there's a fair bit of overhang on the rallye arch were the original inner arch meets the sill.

Cheers for the comments guys.

:angry:

Edited by sonofsam

Guest smokinslim

Gotta agree, looking good there.

Try fittin them to the sill on a cab lol :angry: gonna have to be well and truely blended methinks. Anyone got any idea how you get the bumpers off once these are fitted?

sonofsam

I was sceptical about that too however it would seem that the bumper should just slide off the usual way once youve removed the bumper fixing stud and nut from underneath the arch, theres enough flex just to bring out a touch to remove bumper fixing...i hope.

Also plan to put some capped bolts through arch into bumper.

sonofsam

Just thought id keep this updated, with some pictures :)

It sounds fuurkin luurvy and really not that loud B)

DVC01449jjj.jpg

DVC01450kk.jpg

DVC01451hh.jpg

Bring on the MOT! B)

sonofsam

Hello good people of the forum :)

Really would like to get my 205 sprayed up before the winter and when i was at art college

it was all paintbrushes and paper, hence why im a bit pants and getting a good photoshop

done of my car.

So if someone would like to help me out that'll be great :D

The three colour choices im down to seem to be inkeeping with the French Tricolore whilst keeping good 'ol Union jack happy too B)

However i still cant decide between red, white or blue! All with white wheels i think.

Although graphite grey and silver wheels look great too.

DVC01467kk.jpg

Couple of palettes.

ericsrallye2-1.jpg

DVC01015-1.jpg

All opinions welcome and thanks in advance

Sam.

Guest BrainFluid

Keep to the graphite. Best colour 205's imo. :blush:

notamondayfan

here you go mate -

idea6.jpg

idea5.jpg

idea4.jpg

idea3.jpg

idea2.jpg

idea1.jpg

sorry went a lil mad, work sucks!!

sonofsam

Cheers Dude, can i have the bumpers, arches and side badges blue also, with the white rims.

notamondayfan

yea sure. ill do it at lunch. people here think im already car mad!!

sonofsam

Yep car mad too! is it it mad car :wacko:

I guess what i should of asked for is body coloured arches, bumpers and badges B)

btw, what masking technique do you use in Photoshop?

I had a go with the magic wand when i had the trial version, but it kept picking

up on all the shadows too!

Ta

Sam.

notamondayfan

ahh balls, sorry sam, for got to do those other stuff. i might do a quick tutorial if ne 1s interested on how to photoshop quickly?

notamondayfan

saved me a job!! :P

phat205

I've got a couple of litres of House of Color Aquamarine if your interested, its awsome.

Jean_quemener

would like to see a pic whens the car is finished as i would liek to fit ralley arches but not to sure what they will look like, cant realy get a good feel for it in the pics shown