• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

[car_upgrade] 2.0l Turbo Conversion With A Euro Rallye Flavour

sonofsam

Hi all just thought i would have a go at getting some pics online so you could see my work..only bit left to do is electrics now wich im not lookin forward too at all.i got diagrams of both 406/xm looms if any ones interested,might be able to upload if i get my scanner online..

thats all folks hope the pics of my work...and any good comments welcome B)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC00925.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC00923.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC00946.jpg

edit due to image sizes, Please re-read Forum rules & guidelines with regards to file size for posting pictures.

Edited by pugtorque

Col

never seen the dump valve fitted there before?

nice intercooler B)

sonofsam
never seen the dump valve fitted there before?

nice intercooler ;)

Cheers Col..the way i understood it was that the d/v should be as close to the butterfly valve as poss,but then again i have never owned a car with a turbo B) so wat do i know

intercooler was a steal at 100 notes. :(

Sam

s*it!! I better look out for this one roaming the streets B)

DrSeuss

That ic is mad! good luck with it all, the wiring isn't soooo bad.

sonofsam

hahah yeh you better. B) .going to be a while yet though.cos of that intercooler im going for the T16 kit.which also means full interor exterior respray in white.309 running gear back and front.new oz wheels wit some big spacers.new calipers..new everyting really .already got sparco sprints and konis.so thats one less thing to pay for

who said best things come to those who wait...i wanna take it out to play now!!!

sonofsam
That ic is mad! good luck with it all, the wiring isn't soooo bad.

cheers doctor thought you chaps would approve..is there any thing to take in to consideration when wiring it up.i got a keypad with code.i havent really got a starting point if you now what i means.

cheers yo'all

DrSeuss

Just look at the 406 2ltr turbo wiring diagrams, the ecu header pinout should be the same, the keypad isn't so bad, only 3 wires to connect 820, 821 and 822, keypads are generic (i've got 3 that all work just fine)

And DON'T up the boost much, my mates 2ltr turbo just loves to run lean at anything above standard boost.

sonofsam
cheers doctor thought you chaps would approve..is there any thing to take in to consideration when wiring it up.i got a keypad with code.i havent really got a starting point if you now what i means.

cheers yo'all

Thanks i'll take that into consideration,was planning standard boost to start with.i dont suppose its a simple as getting an uprated fuel pump then if wanting to run more boost.not that im running at all at the moment...

jim205GTI

looking nice

that intercooler is nuts!!!

sonofsam
looking nice

that intercooler is nuts!!!

Thanks.its getting there slowly but surely.once its running im taking it out B) for the a rebuild and polish..god i love making work for myself

smckeown

surely the only reason to run a larger than standard intercooler is to up the boost significantly, and that cant be done on a standard 2l turbo i read

sonofsam
surely the only reason to run a larger than standard intercooler is to up the boost significantly, and that cant be done on a standard 2l turbo i read

yes i have read the lot.colder air is more combustable being more dense.simple physics..a larger than standard intercooler might be like taking your gti out in a misty wet morning ..when it really flys

and it looks super bad ..like jaw's teeth....whos with me ???

Edited by sonofsam

sander swinkels

I still have to mount my bling bling parts..

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

Already installed some blue silicon hoses..

115.JPG

116.JPG

Cheers.

Sander

sonofsam

I still have to mount my bling bling parts..

Sander that looks sweat asa nut,gues you must be good friends with a chrome plater..im going for the polished look..seen as this is what i do for a living.look forward to the pictures of bling bay.

TEKNOPUG

erm....how exactly are the front wheels going to fit/turn with those huge boost pipes leading to and from the I/C?

Or is there plenty of room and the picture is just an optical illusion?

sonofsam
erm....how exactly are the front wheels going to fit/turn with those huge boost pipes leading to and from the I/C?

Or is there plenty of room and the picture is just an optical illusion?

hahaha ..no optical illusions here...im just waiting for two more 90 degree elbows to route those alloy pipes back in paralel with the bottom of the radiator and up into the boost/intake pipe..hopefully they wont foul on my 17" OZ,s ;)

TEKNOPUG

Aha!

That intercooler deserves at least 2 bar of boost being shoved through it ;)

You might experience a fair bit of lag though on normal boost as the air is going to have a long way to travel before it get to the T/B.

sonofsam

;)

Aha!

That intercooler deserves at least 2 bar of boost being shoved through it :(

You might experience a fair bit of lag though on normal boost as the air is going to have a long way to travel before it get to the T/B.

yeh true its got a fair way to travel...im no big expert on turbo,s this is the first one i have owned,had a couple of 1.9 gti,s before ...and this is my first engine conversion too..im chuffed its on a non sunfoof 1.6 ..been waiting for one of those for a while.

sonofsam
V1 RDE

Good luck with the conversion mate. Looks like its coming along nicely. The wiring isn't that bad to be honest. Extending my loom took a while though :D

I will be running mine at 11psi (9.75psi standard) once I've replaced the actuator. Having seen Rob's RR graphs it runs seriously lean above this. Bit of a shame more power can't be achieved from this engine without spending a lot of cash (custom manifolds etc.)

Mine will be for sale some time early next year....turning to the 'RICE' side :)

sonofsam
Good luck with the conversion mate. Looks like its coming along nicely. The wiring isn't that bad to be honest. Extending my loom took a while though :D

I will be running mine at 11psi (9.75psi standard) once I've replaced the actuator. Having seen Rob's RR graphs it runs seriously lean above this. Bit of a shame more power can't be achieved from this engine without spending a lot of cash (custom manifolds etc.)

Mine will be for sale some time early next year....turning to the 'RICE' side  :P

Thanks its getting there.if only my sparky mate hadnt pulled a new lass it would be running by now :) ...i was thinking about investing in a fse uprated fuel pump and perhaps boost valve too...would this make any diffence to the lean problems or is it to do with the injectors??

I,ll be happy running standard boost to start with just as long as ive got my 205 back..serously mising the thrill.

what actuator are you planning on using??

cheers for now :)

sonofsam

just a few more updated pictures :lol:

the rims are going white to match the T16 kit.only way i can shoe horn the i/c in and a good excuse for some extra track

will be running sometime soon next year..looking forward to some track action

sam.My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

My Webpage

Edited by sonofsam

Fuqa

this is the reference i used for my keypad wiring

pin1=bmf4j battery live

pin2 = nil

pin3 = 820 diag plug (match with number on wire to ecu)

pin4 = 821 diag plug (match with number on wire to ecu. sometimes joined

with pin3 on keypad a short way up the loom)

pin5 = 1031 live while cranking, probably ignore for now

pin6 = nil

pin7 = nil

pin8 = 824 (match with number on wire to ecu or ignore for now)

pin9 = 6219 central locking, state changes when locked, ignore for now, may

prevent rearming if left off

pin10 = nil

pin11 = 3050 (not sure, probably central locking. ignore for now)

pin12 = nil

pin13 =c02 ignition live

pin14 = 822 output to main relay coil. live when immob deactivated (max

300ma, recommend use bulb to limit current while testing)

pin15 = m8200 mass (earth)

hope this helps